Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 316 Posts

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ladies,

Just wondered if anyone else is having a medicated FET in June?  I would love to hear from you and make some cycle buddies.

We are having baseline scan tomorrow afternoon, I have been DR since 4th May.  If all goes according to plan, we start pregnyl or prognova not sure which ones which  ^idiot^.  ET is scheduled for 6th June assuming everything works as it should.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

DH and I are both feeling excited, scared and a little apprehensive but I have been having acupuncture and reflexology since our BFN in March and they have helped me feel both relaxed and ready both physically and mentally ;D :) ;D.

We have been training ourselves to think  ^reiki^ thoughts and are hopeful that this will be the one  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^pray^.

Looking forward to hearing from any of you going through FET, wishing you all lots of luck and sending  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ thoughts.

Ells

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hi Ells,

Sorry to read about ur bfn.  ^hugme^

I am currently waiting for my af to turn up and then on day 2 i can start d/r. Im going to have a medicated fet when i finally get started.  :) I know i havent started yet but thought i would reply hope that is ok.

Hope ur scan goes ok 2moro let me know how u get on.

Take care
Katie xx

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Katie,

Nice to speak to you.  I will keep you posted on events.  Hope all goes well for you with the FET, keep me posted.  Have they told you when you are likely to have your transfer?

Sending you lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ vibes.

Elly ^fairydust^

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Scan went well today - everything is looking good.  Start progynova tomorrow.  Next scan due on 2nd June and ET scheduled for 6th June - fingers crossed.

^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^
Elly

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hi Elly

Glad Ur scan went OK. I don't know when transfer will be. Do u know how long a medicated fet takes from d/r to transfer ? I have heard its about 6 weeks but just wondered.

Still waiting for AF to arrive hope its soon so i can start fet.

Take care Hun,
Katie xx

·
Registered
572 Posts
HI Elly

I am currently d/r for my first FET (never got to ET last time as I got OHSS).  Have a scan tomorrow with ET sceduled for 11th June all being well.

It's wierd because on the last treatment I was so excited, I told everyone and thought of nothing else, but with this one I am almost pretending its not happenning.  I do my injections but other than that I am really not thinking about it - I have only told one friend which is so unlike me! 

Anyway just wanted to wish you and Katie loads of luck for your upcoming FETS

xx

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hi Girls,

Karen, Welcome to the thread. I to had ohss and me cycle was abandoned to. I'm exactly like u when i started my icsi treatment i told a lot of people because i thought it would work but then when i had ohss i felt like i let everyone down and now with fet i have only told our families and my boss don't want to tell many people in case it doesn't work but will see how it goes.

Elly, Hi Hun how r u today ?

Well I'm still waiting for AF to turn up and then i can start d/r on day 2 hoping she turns up soon as i just want to get started now.

Good luck to both of u with Ur tx.

Take care
Katie xx

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Karen,

Nice to hear from you  ^hugme^.  I hope your scan goes well. Like both you and Katie I dont feel as excited about this one, but maybe its because we know more about what is going on and its not 'all new'.  The good thing is there is no risk of OHSS  :).  I suffered from moderate OHSS with our first fresh cycle, I dont think the doctor should have done the ET but as we were told we shouldnt look back with what ifs.  It obviously was not meant to be  :'(.   

Hi Katie  ^hugme^, I feel okay today, relieved that everything looked okay yesterday at the scan.  I was worried that they may tell us that I had cysts.  Started the progynova today and am starting eating a handful of brazilnuts and drinking fresh pineapple juice daily as these are supposed to be good for your lining. Hope your AF starts soon, its funny but when you dont need it your happy when you dont get it but when you need it to its frustrating that it doesnt start  ^bigbad^.

Karen, keep us posted on how things go.  I really hope that this is the one for you.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Sending you both lots of  ^hugme^^pray^ and  ^reiki^ vibes.

Elly XX
^fairydust^

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Katie,

sorry I didnt answer your question about how long FET takes sorry  ^bigbad^ ^idiot^.  Had a long day at work sorry!!  ;)  My FET has taken 6 weeks from the point of DRing to transfer date, but I have read that it depends on wether you have a long or short protocal.  If you are on 6 weeks your ET would be end of June I would imagine.  I really hope that you can start your FET cycle soon.

^Cuddle^

Take care,
Elly XX

·
Registered
572 Posts
Hi there

Great to hear from you both.

Elly - you are right it is so nice not to worry about OHSS.  I only had a mild case (wasn't hospitalised) but it was extremely painful, I really wouldn't relish going through that again!  It is so difficult though, you feel so cheated when you get that far and then ET doesn't happen but as you say, what is meant to be will be.

Had my scan this morning and so far so good  :) - no cysts and lining thin (only bit of me that is ha!) so start taking the progynova tomorrow.  The nurse said they look for womb lining of 8+ - is that the same as you have both been told?

Katie - Hope AF shows up soon - as Elly says, she never quite behaves how you want her to  ^bigbad^.  If things go to plan, it will be 5 weeks from start of d/regs to ET for me but she did say it could be longer if my womb lining isn't think enough.

Anyway wishing you both all the luck in the world - can't wait to hear how you both get on xxx

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Karen,

I am really pleased that everything went so well for you today, fingers crossed that your linning thickens.  Our nurse didnt tell us about the thickness measurements  :(, although I have read that it has to be 11 but I am not sure if it varies by clinic.  My next scan is 2nd June where they will measure the thickness, I will keep you posted with progress.  Please keep us posted with progress.  Sending you lots and lots of  ^reiki^ ^hugme^ ^reiki^.

Katie, how are you lovey, any sign of AF?

·
Registered
441 Posts
^hello^ Ladies,

Hope Ur both fine today.

Ells, I have just looked at my profile and thanks for Ur comment i have put a comment on Ur profile and on ur's to Karen.  :)
Hope Ur scan goes OK on 2nd June not long to go now eh!

Karen, Glad Ur scan went OK. I have not been told what my lining should be they might tell me when i actually start d/r and when i go for scan.

Well AF still not arrived  ^bigbad^ I have looked at my last 3 AF's and they have been 38/37 days today is day 35 so she should be here soon. I hope sometimes i think i am going to come on but then nothing happens never mind.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hello ladies.  I should be having a FET in June.  I had my Prostap injection last week and have my baseline scan on 29/5.  I think the transfer will be about 2 weeks later all being well.  Good luck to you all.  I'm dreading the 2ww!

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome to the thread oneunited  ^Cuddle^,

Good luck for your baseline scan I hope all goes well for you.  We will be a couple of days appart on ET, it will be great support during that dreaded 2ww  :mad:.

Hi Katiechick,  your AF is a bit like mine then - it makes it sooooooooo much worse when you are waiting for it to start.  I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you. Thanks for your comment!!!  ^hugme^

How are you Karen?  Are you starting to get excited?  I really want to get this over with!  I hate the build up!
I am having a pamper week the week of ET - I am going to have a hot stone massage on Wednesday 4th and then my last acupuncture and reflex on thursday!  Its all getting expensive but it will be worth it in the end!!  Lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^.

Hope you are all okay, speak to you soon.
Elly  ^Cuddle^

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hey Ladies,

Hope Ur all OK today.

Ells, Not long to go till Ur scan Hope it goes OK. Ur massage sounds wonderful.

Karen, How r u Hun Hope Ur getting on OK with taking progynova.

Welcome One united, Hope Ur scan goes well.

Well ladies AF finally showed her face this morning.  ^banana^ ^banana^ Who would have thought i would be pleased to see AF eh! I start my nasal spray 2Moro but i need to phone my clinic now to book  a scan for 2 weeks Tuesday actually feels like  i am getting somewhere now.

Hope Ur all well speak soon
Take care
Katie xx

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Katiechick thats great news ^clapping^ ^clapping^!

I really hope everything goes according to plan.

Have a great bank holiday weekend ladies, hope you enjoy the nice long break.

Elly

^reiki^ ^pray^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi Everyone

I am have med FET at the moment. Had my baseline scan Thur last and now taking clinaval for a couple of week. Have scan arranged for day 12 (june 3rd) and the clinic said would prob have ET mon 9th June if everything goes well.

Have 5 frosties and will have them all defrosted at the same time - just having this one last go at FET. Dont feel strong (emotionally pus active toddler in tow :)) to have icsi again and i am getting old  :)

wishing good vibes to us all  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

maddie.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Maddie,

Welcome to our thread  ^hugme^.

I am sorry to hear that you are feeling a bit  ^eyes^ about the process but keep your chin up, you have us girls here for support. 
Sending you lots and lots of luck and postive vibes  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^.

Katiechick, Karen and Oneunited, how are you all.  Katie are you sniffing?

Hope you all have a great bank holiday - regardless of the weather!!!!

Elly

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hi Ladies,

Maddie, Welcome to the thread. Really hope this tx works for u Hun.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Hi Karen & Oneunited, How r u Girls Hope Ur both OK.

Ells, Not long till Ur scan and bet u can wait for et.

I started sniffing and have got a really bad head ache. Does anyone know if i can take anyting for it ? My last tx i got a head ache but just put up with it but it seems really bad this time round.

Have got to have my first scan on 10th June its seems ages away but its only 2 wks so I'm hoping the time will fly by. I have got to have a 2nd scan 2 wks after my 1st scan is this the same with everyone else ?

Wishing u all lots of luck
Hope Ur all having a nice bank hol I'm working  :(

Take care Ladies,
Katie xx

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Katie,

Have you tried that headex roll on stuff?  Its supposed to be really good and means you dont take any tablets.  Also I if you rub the base of your thumb and thumb tip this is supposed to help if you have a headache.  My clinic have told me that I can take paracetamol if I need too, can you ring yours and check with them?

I really am keen to get moving on this FET, my next scan is a week on Monday, fingers are very tightly crossed that everything looks as it should!  I have been eating plenty of brazil nuts and drinking my pineapple juice -  ;D.

It sounds like your ET will be towards the end of June.  It may conincide with my 2ww, we can  ^pray^ together!  I really do hope that it all works out for everyone.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Speak again very soon, enjoy the rest of the weekend.

^reiki^ ^pray^ ^reiki^

Elly
^fairydust^

1 - 20 of 316 Posts