Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello you wise ladies  :)
I am pregnant with twins after successful treatment with donor eggs at Serum. Today I'm eight weeks + six days pregnant. Now I wonder how you have stepped down on drugs in connection with a positive test. I am on estrogen patches and pills, both high-dose, and Utrogestan (800 mg) and Clexane. I'm pretty nervous to stop using drugs, but I think there are a few weeks left yet?  :-\  What is your experience with the reductions of drugs?
Thank you for taking the time to respond :)

Hugs ;D :p

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Hi congratulations on another Penny miracle!!

I remember feeling very anxious about stopping the drugs too!  I had steroids for 12 weeks and high dose folic acid - for all my previous ivf cycles I'd had clexane (known clotting/implantaion issues) but because I had bled with the BFP we lost, just a few weeks before, Penny decided I should try without the clexane.

If you're feeling anxious then I would just double check with Penny but I think the 12 week mark is about the norm to stop the drugs.

Good luck!  If anyone can help you to have a successful pregnancy it's Penny - a miracle worker!!

Enjoy!

Love Jess xxx

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi congratulations !!!

I too am a Penny twin success (nearly 30weeks!) - its an amazing feeling isn't it !

I was nervous about stopping all the med's but like Jess said, mine all stopped around week 12 (with the steroids weaned off from about week 10 I think, from memory).  Penny should provide you with  a run down of what to take until when if you're in any doubt.  I stopped the clexane at week 12 but i don't have a clotting issue (P did the tests for me) but I know if you have an id clotting risk then you may be on this one longer. 

Huge congrats to you - take it east and enjoy !!!

^hugme^

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello ;D
Thanks for the nice replies:) Very nice to hear that there are so many who succeed under Penny's skilled hands! I'm pretty nervous to cut out the drugs, but I'll have to just listen to Penny when she says that it is perfectly safe in week 12/13. I am more uncertain about the Clexane, as I have not yet taken blood samples to determine whether I have a problem with blood coagulation. I think I have to do this test as soon as possible.  ::)
^Cuddle^

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.