Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

Just seeking some reassurance if possible - I have 2 fissures (yes, down there!) - and very painful beggars they are!

Have tried all kinds of preparations from the doctor which as yet haven't worked atall.  I have recently been prescribed GTN (Glyceril Trinitrate - spelling check?) - and am supposed to apply it twice a day.  The only issue I have is within about 5 minutes of using it I have a terrible headache which lasts for a couple of hours or so.  I have resorted to only taking it at night because I can't cope with the headaches during the day - I have to work! Atleast at night I'm lying down in the dark and don't have to do anythng but try and sleep.

My worry is - if this dramatic effect is happening to me - what's it doing to my baby??  I'm 14 + weeks.

Many thanks in advance............

Pea x

·
Premium Member
6,142 Posts
Hi,

I'm afraid i have had no experience of using GTN for this, or in pregnancy at all, so I can't help you.  I think you need to make an appointment to see your consultant again though, or speak to a pharmaciset and see if they can give you any advice,

Sorry,

emilycaitlin xx

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.