Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There All,

We are meeting childs social worker this week.  We have read forms for a boy aged 8 months.  We will get to see a photo and matching panel is provisionally booked for June.

Foster Carers want to adopt him and have started to drag their heels.  Although they have been told for many reasons they are not eligible.  They have accepted it but I do feel that the intros are going to be especially difficult.

We have adopted before and the same thing happened first time round, so I am just dreading the atmosphere.  Has anybody been through this?  or has any advice of how my husband and I should handle it, plus have six year old to consider and I dont want him getting upset about this.

Thanks

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hi,

we had a terrible time with Boo FCs. They were asked if they wanted to adopt him but declined, but decided they changed their minds during the intros. Long story-short they tried to undermine us and told lies about DH not being committed and lots of other horrible stuff. Anyway thankfully the SWs saw through it all. And in hindsight they should have been much better prepared than they were. Boo was this families first FC, he'd been with for 1.5 years. They should have been netter prepared by their SW for him moving on. Also we should have been more forthcoming with our SW about the little comments the FM would make as i thought it might get the FM in trouble. This time around i will been feeding everything back at every stage to SW.

Sorry for waffling on.....but i guess my advice would be to make sure you SW knows how anxious you are about this. And make sure they pass this on to both littlies SW as well as the FCs SW. If everyone knows that its possibly going to be tense, then there's no excuses for not being prepared for it.

hope this is helpful, i'll have to re-read it myself when we get matched for number 2 as i know i will find it stressful.
xruthie

1 - 2 of 2 Posts