Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone

pain horrendous today... as has become the norm recently.  it has only been 2 months since my last lap and already my symptoms are back (along with my period i might add!). not impressed! :(

I was diagnosed with endo 5 yrs ago and now its at Stage 4; at 19, i wasnt ready to ttc when i was diagnosed so even though i have a dh, we waited. now they tell me its going to be really difficult. Not been properly ttc for very long but my consultant wants to start some form of fertility treatment as soon as August - I meet with him then to discuss some sort of plan of action.

dont want to take any pain killers but getting to the point where i'm going insane! am sitting in bed with a roasting hot water bottle but not getting any relief. i already have scorch marks all over my right side from before my operation and am supposed to be going to Turkey at the end of next week - i'm gonna look so good in a bikini arent i?!?

sorry for the rant - just saves me from hurling stuff at the wall! :mad:

thanks for listening/reading

love n hugs

stace p xx

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Hi Stace,

Really sorry to hear you are going through it at the moment  :(

You are right that men have it easy, but I think the good 'uns go through it with us in spirit if not physically. I know my DH suffers seeing me suffer (if you know what I mean). I think they feel helpless because there is not a lot they can do to help.

I notice you are in merseyside - what Consultant are you seeing?

Karen x

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Karen thanx for the message,

i'm seeing mr gazvani at the lwh - what bout u? notice ur there for treatment too??? 

i know what you mean about the fellas feeling helpless - dont think mine really knows what to do when he sees me in so much pain. i had some seizures due to an interaction with my meds a few months ago and that really freaked him out (although he did keep it together enough to put me into the recovery position so i shouldnt complain about him really!!). :)

hope ur ok? are you suffering with endo too???

stacexx

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Stace
Sorry you are feeling so bad.

Like you I don't like taking pain killers but after pain returning from lap and after trying acupuncture, diet (has helped) I have resorted to pain killers again.

I find the normal pain killers the doctors give for endo don't help (and make me feel weird) so the doctor has given me some new ones plus some anti-sickness drug.  Although the pain can still be quite bad it does seem better so go to the doctors and see what he can give you.    I also attach those sticky heat pads to the front and back which also helps if out.  Or try two hots bottles one underneath your legs and one on your back but get them away from your skin as you have found out.  I still have scars from years ago.

Also don't know if you are lying down but that is worse for me.  Try sitting up and watch mundane tv to take your mind of it.

Hope you feel better and good luck with your treatment.

Regards
Gerty

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.