Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Am starting the above this evening and would just like a little advice re them.  Been having bad effects to the Burselin, headaches, nausea, hot sweats, eating, tiredness etc for the last 2 weeks, will the Menopur give me the same, worse or none at all and is it right that you have to constantly drink water.  Also will i know if i am over stimulating??

Questions questions. Think my husband is more concerned than me as i have been a nightmare to live with the last 2 weeks  :'( :'(

xx

·
Registered
27 Posts
^hello^ ^hello^
I started my Menopur injections on Saturday evening. I have been feeling very tired since starting them. I can feel twinges, which i belive is normal. When i was on the buseralin i had no side effects. Good luck and let me know how you get on. I just want the needle thing to be over with as i hate needles.

Mickie

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
Hi WKelly and Mickie
I completed my course of menopur on saturday just gone and had ec today, whilst on menopur I could not stop eating which was a first for me because since diagnosed with endo 18 months ago I have lost nearly 3 stone in weight due to severe pain and vomiting continuously, I didnt really have the weight to lose in the first place. weigh 7 stone 10 now so am gradually putting it back on with the menopur. I experienced twinges  but never really came to anything. Had hot flushes but they subsided after a few days of injections. was on zoladex prior to ivf so didnt need buseralin. I wasnt told that I needed to drink plenty of water but i suppose it makes sense really.
I believe it is really painful if you are over stimulating so dont worry yourself to much if you get twinges it is quite normal.
I think my husband is fed up with me at the moment, it is such a rollercoaster, and nobody has a clue what you have to go through or how you are feeling. I feel I have to put on a front with friends and family and am trying to be strong but it doesnt always work that way. I feel I just want to break down and cry but I know if I do that I wont stop. GOOD LUCK with everything and keep in touch.
^goodluck^
Deb P.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Deb P

Hope it went well if your e/c today and it wasn't too painful, when is your e/t??

Have to say all the side effects that you mentioned re the menopur i am getting now with the bureslin and i am piling the weight on, really cant stop eating, mum made me a bit happy as she said, well if thats what your body wants then feed it, so i am doing just that  ^banana^.

Thank you for the advice and will keep in touch.

Loads of luck with you e/t and take care

xx

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
Hi WKelly
et is on weds, got to wait for them to phone me tom to find out how many have fertilised, am a little nervous at the moment.
Your mum is right as my dh if your body is telling you to eat then you need to eat. It will all be worth it in the end, positive thoughts.
speak to you soon, just going to try and get some sleep now.
Deb P.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
^goodluck^ ^goodluck^ ^goodluck^

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Hi WKelly,

I had menopur on all three of my cycles.  Generally I found the side effects of stimming much better than the downregging.  So your husband may find you better company now until about a week's time when your follies start to grow and you get big and rather uncomfortable in your tum.  You can get mood swings and tearfulness, and you are still officially downregging too, but I honestly found stimming better.

I've had mild OHSS on my first cycle and you're right it is very painful and you really do know about it!  If you bloat up so it's really uncomfortable, and gain weight suddenly, feel sick or breathless, then you should call your clinic straight away. 
The clinic should tell you if you look like you're going to overstimulate - basically if you get lots of follies quite quickly they may warn you about it.  But it is possible to overstimulate without them predicting it (this happened to me.... :eek: so I was totally unprepared)

But you can avoid OHSS,  drink around 3 litres of water a day, pee often, and eat plenty of protein. Or if you can drink milk or soya milk, have plenty of that too as it's got liquid and protein all in one!  ;)

Deb, good luck with ET and keep drinking, you can still get OHSS after ET. (I got it the day after, which wasn't great, but some people get it later in their 2ww, and although it's not pleasant, it's often a good sign of pg if you do get it then!)

take care,
Claire x

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, I am new to the site but just had my first IVF cycle which sadly failed.  I was on Menopur which did not give me any side effects whatsoever, I felt the same as I did before I started having them which  I was happy about.  I had to visit the clinic every other day from starting the injections for a blood test and scan so they could check the follicles were growing at safe rates.  Everything went well for us up to embryo transfer and for some reason, the embyo's did not attach and my period came.

Hope this is helpful and hope you do not have any side effects.  Good luck.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Joanne

Sorry to hear it didn't work, cant even imagine how you are feeling going through all this to find out is hasn't worked  ^Cuddle^, this is my one fear.

So far this is my 4th day of menopur and feel ok(ish), the one thing that i am suffering from is backache, around my shoulders and in the middle of my back, i don't know if this has anythin with me eating too much, maybe weightgain, i don't know  :-\

Deb P how did your e/t go , hope all went well  ^fairydust^

Good luck to you all and speak soon.

xx

·
Registered
9 Posts
I can't relate to the backache as I did not get any such symptoms.  I do know about weight gain though...  Now that my cycle is over, my weight has dropped back down to  normal, almost 1/2 a stone.. it is really strange.  Now that I have stopped taking those progesterone pessaries, I feel better emotionally as well. 

Good luck though, and hope all goes well.  Is this  your first cycle?

Joanne

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
Hi WKelly
et went well they had a little difficulty but nothing to much. Am on day 3 now and it is going very slow. I am trying to occupy myself but its not working very well.
Im having a little retail therapy tom so this will pass a little time and take my mind off things, but I have to stop looking at baby things as it is not helping. Hows things with you?
Deb P

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Deb P

So pleased it went well for you,  ^goodluck^.  Cant imagine what the wait is like in these 2 weeks.

Well, all ok with me at the mo, follies are growing nicely, back tomorrow for a scan and hopefull e/c Mon/Tue, Weds the latest so cant wait for that.

Will keep you informed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.