Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I went for my first consultation at the Lister today - due to start first ever IVF in January (eek!).  Consult was very rushed, so there wasnt given any time to ask questions really.  So I wonder if I can get some advice - as the suggested protocol has left me a bit confused! 

Im 41, fsh 8 and lh 6, amh 8, AFC=10total.  Dr has suggested long protocol with pill, suprecur spray to down reg and then 300ius menopur as the only stim drug for 12-16 days??  Thats the bit that confused me - dont they usually combine with other FSH stim drugs? Im concerned as what ive read on the internet as the LH content of menopur on its own is not great for older ladies. 

Does anyone have any experience of a menopur only protocol - and the reasons they may have suggested this?  Im probably being a baffled newbie and its all completely normal!!  But really want to understand the reasoning. 

Thanks everyone for any words of wizdom x

·
Registered
872 Posts
Anniemc,

I cant really answer much on FSH, LH and AMH as I've always been told 'its ok' so not really questioned it.  Probably a bit naive!

However, I've always only stimmed on menopur.  The one time I had a long protocol I down regged on Synarel, then injected 225 menopur for 12 days.  During that time I only took synarel and menopur.

I can't believe that the consultant wouldn't allow you enough time to ask any questions.  Were you given a phone number for a nurses line?  I would defo phone them if you're worried about anything.

Belle x

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Belle, good to hear its something other people are doing.  And good tip on the nurses line - they'll never get me off it!!  So many questions at this stage of things. 
Thanks for the reply though,
xx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.