Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to this and not sure where this should be posted etc. I have just had a failed cycle at Lister using max dose of gonal f. They retrieved 8 eggs (5 had to mature in lab) but only four fertilised, we got to blastocyst but nothing stuck - really devastated...

We had our follow up consult with a different doctor and he recommended using the highest dose of menopur if we decided to cycle again. I'm a little confused as my last fsh level was 11 and my amh was 9 so I know that i have a low reserve.  I thought from reading on the net that menopur shouldn't be used for people with low reserves (it's to do with elevated lh levels at the beginning of the cycle).  I was wondering if anyone else was recommended menopur with DOR/ high fsh and what was the outcome was.  He said that it may help the eggs to mature, I thought that the immaturity of the eggs had something to do with the length of time on stimms or the trigger shot?

I really don't know if we have the strength or finances to continue and if we do decide I don't really want to use a drug that doesn't seem to be recommended for high fshers... 

Thanks so much for any advice or responses you may have. I think the women on this forum are amazing. They fight on and on -  I just can't seem to stop crying.

Best wishes to all...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.