Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone - thought I would post this up on here - hope its the right place.

It appears that since last year DH has managed to double his sperm count.  At our last IUI in Oct 07 he had a count of 50million and yesterday he had 104 million.  This even surprised the consultant as he had a vasectomy and then got it reversed about 4 years ago and they couldnt even tell from his count.  Anyway, I am not saying that what we have done has resulted in this (esp since we havent managed to get pg) but he has been on a no alcohol and no smoking diet (never smoked before) and no baths.  Plus he has been taking

Arginine 4gr
Coenzyme Q10 10mg
Selenium 200mcg
B12 1000mcg
Vit E 400IUs
Zinc 60mg
Vit A 700mcg
Vit B 50mg
Folic Acid 400mcg

he has been taking these every day and we just bought these out of our Asda and it didnt cost too much money. 

Hope this helps someone.

·
Registered
27 Posts
hiya!
Ohhh thats amazing news- hope the little swimmers now get swimming in the right place for you!
I've got all my DH on the same supps and we have wondered if it will actually change anything so its good to know it can actually happen....

LX

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hi Libeth.

I am a great beleiver that vits can help a SA. My hubbie had a vas reversal in 05, and his count has ranged from 4 milliom (at EC-worse SA ever) to his last one in feb 08 of 161 million/ml and mot up to 75%.I upped his vits since EC..

He was on some of your vits and others.

Good luck H x

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Hickson

Yeah my DH had a count of 4million last IUI and it had actually dropped from 8million which was the previous count so we are really pleased.  We just followed the Zita West book!  Apparently though his are a bit too viscous so need to work on that now! 

xx

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hi.

My hubby had that, and he upped drinking water. It helped..at least 2lts a day

H X

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Right me and dh have two dd's and dh also has two children aged 16 and 13 so I am sure that his sperm has worked before ;D and that I can conceive.  We have now been trying for well over a year for no 3 and nothing. dh is 43 and smokes and enjoys wine every evening. My question is what should I get him to take incase it is now him with the problem due to the smoking etc. I am trying my best to be a good girl and do all the right things but is there anything he could take to improve those swimmers.

Any advice would be great

Rxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Hiya,

Here is a list of what my DH is taking to improve his swimmers: Wellman, Omega 3, Pycnogenol, Selenium and Co Enzyme Q10. We are starting IVF/ICSI soon. As you and your DH have had children don't think he would need to take all the same stuff. Def a good idea to get him on a multivit - Wellman but would also suggest antioxidant - Co Enzyme Q10 to counteract the smoking. Good luck!

Suzi
xxx

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Thanks went out and bought wellman on the saturday morning as I though af had arrived, it turned out to be a ib and got a bfp on the monday morning :) We have not used protection for 5 years and been trying for two so thought is was never going to happen again.  So Pleased.

Good luck to you hope you get that bfp hun ^reiki^

Rachelxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
^congrats^ on your ^BFP^  xx

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hi girls

Just wanted a bit of advice really. Me and my DH are currently TTC au naturelle (I'm awaiting hysteroscopy appt due to miscarriages and irregular AF's etc) but my DH likes to look at TTC as "seeing what happens" and if I put on the pressure, he backs down and starts thinking of reasons not to TTC!  ^bigbad^ So we basically don't talk about it much and I just try to "seduce" him as much as possible  ;D ;D

Anyway, my first two pg's were very quick conceptions but the third one took 18mths! We've been TTC since my miscarriage in Jan this year (well March really as it took 3 months for my first AF!) and have had no luck so I've been looking into vits etc for him (my friend swears by zinc). I just wanted to know how you got your OH/DH/DP to take vits to help sperm etc? I suppose it's more difficult because we don't really talk about it (as that means it's planned!) - he's soooo weird sometimes! lol   Also, what vits did/do they take? I've heard about zinc, Vit B6 and B12, Vit E, Vit C, Selenium and Folic Acid!!! How on earth can I get him to take all that!! He currently takes a multi-vit but that hasn't got enough strength of the important ones in, just low doses of everything really. Why are men so weird about TTC - or is it just mine!  ^idiot^

Thanks v much for reading and replying.
Bea x

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

Wellman vitamins are good because they contain everything needed.

Have a read of this Prenatal Care board though as there's lots of advise re supplements for men.

Good luck
Natasha

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hiya

We must be quite local to each other as I am in Bath!! I thought from your e-mail that your DH doesn't want to 'TTC' as it is your first child and was worried about the responsibility etc etc.  However from your profile I can see that you already have a little one already - where's the problem with having another - the first is the biggest shock to the system - well I thought so anyway!!  Men's attitudes to this whole business is laughable sometimes ;D ;D

My DH has just had his SA results back and although they were overall not bad and the count was really high, 79% were abnormal so I have told him that he needs to take a supplement.  I have also been looking on this site for advice on which vits to get him and Wellman has been suggested a lot.  If your DH is already taking a multivit can't you just swap it for Wellman and tell him that they are cheaper/better etc.  Don't let on that it is really for improving his swimmers ;D ;D

RLH

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hiya

Thanks v much for your tips. Much appreciated. Will do some more research on here.

RLH - Yup it seems we're quite close. This site has revealed lots of local people - it's mad! Yes we've already been blessed with our little angel who was a complete shock to the system (not an easy baby/child at all! but well worth it) so you'd have thought it would be easier 2nd time around!!  ^idiot^  I think it was so hard when he was a baby (colic and reflux) that my DH is dreading going back to that stage again - he's actually enjoying him now and he doesn't enjoy babies apparently!! So weird aren't they!!  ;D  That's a good idea about swapping his vits, I might give it a go, maybe say they were on offer or I got given them or something! The things we have to do eh!  ;D

Will deffo do a bit more research on these vits and see what they say. It's much easier to get him to take one every day rather than lots!

Thanks for the tips.
Take care
Bea x

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
I  make mine take the Vitamen and DHA capsules from Zita West clinics- you can buy them online from her shop- they contain the whole package as well

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Hi Bea,

Ditto re: Zita West Vitafem for me and Vitamen for DH plus DHA.

DH has been on them for some time now (I only started a few months back) and there was a significant change in his samples.

I had my best response ever on this cycle and I am convinced that the supplements are part of it all.

I am now on her 1st trimester vits.

Nat

x x x

1 - 15 of 15 Posts