Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Peter

I have looked everywhere to try and find out if the stimulating drug Merional is mainly FSH or a mixture of FSH and LH. I have done 2 ivf treatments and responded poorley both times, I have an FSH of 15.2. I am now wondering if I perhaps would respond better on a short protocol instead of a long protocol and whether having different medication would help.

Thanks

Nicky

·
Registered
856 Posts
nickf2001 said:
Hi Peter

I have looked everywhere to try and find out if the stimulating drug Merional is mainly FSH or a mixture of FSH and LH. I have done 2 ivf treatments and responded poorley both times, I have an FSH of 15.2. I am now wondering if I perhaps would respond better on a short protocol instead of a long protocol and whether having different medication would help.

Thanks

Nicky
This is a FSH/LH/hCG mix, basically HMG. Don't accept it again it it has failed twice, ask for recombinant FSH and start on 400-450 per day because of your fairly high FSH. This should get more eggs and hopefully success!

Good luck!

Peter

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Peter

sorry to take some more of your time, but I was wondering if you knew of any good clinics either in the North West or anywhere in the UK that specialize in poor responders

Thanks

Nicky

·
Registered
856 Posts
nickf2001 said:
Hi Peter

sorry to take some more of your time, but I was wondering if you knew of any good clinics either in the North West or anywhere in the UK that specialize in poor responders

Thanks

Nicky
Any clinic should be able to treat you appropriately. I personally like the Walsgrave Hospital in Coventry (I used to work there) but it's not exactly N West!!

Good luck!

Peter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts