Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't believe it when I read your message about having endo in your bladder - that's where I've got it!

It was found when I miscarried and had to be scanned and I was referred to Urology. There was talk about doing a big operation and cutting the endo out (sounds like what you had) but it was decided that as it didn't bother me (didn't know it was there until I miscarried) they would leave it where it was and just do a transurethal resection biopsy to confirm that it was endo and I just go once a year as an outpatient while the urologist puts a camera up my waterworks and checks that it hasn't grown. I've also got it in my pouch of douglas, this was found after a lap last December, but again as it doesn't cause me any problems, it was decided to leave it alone. Thankfully there was no trace of it on my tubes or ovaries so the endo isn't to blame for not getting pregnant again. But have been referred for IVF as been trying for a baby for 4 years and at 36 years old, don't want to hang about any longer.

I was told that to have endo in the wall of your bladder is rare!

Kaz

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hello Kaz

Yes, we are pretty unique!! My urologist told me that in 35 years of performing surgery, I was the only case he had seen!! Apparently only 1% of endo sufferers have this. Well it is nice to be special in some way!! Not!!

I had to have the surgery as I was suffering from very bad pain when going to the loo before and during my period and the mass was quite large. I also suffered almost constantly with a sensitive bladder/cystitis like symptoms which didn't help!

It was a major op spending a week in hospitate and they removed about a quarter of my bladder - the recovery has been pretty long, but I am finally getting there and I would say well worth it. I do not have the pain I used to and it has enabled me to finally get to our first IVF attempt - I am now on day 1 of the dreaded 2ww!!

I'm glad that you are not a candidate for surgery and it doesn't cause you pain, luckily like you my tubes and ovaries are clear too.

I wish you so much success with your IVF - where are you having tx? There are stories from ladies on this site who have endo who have achieved their goal with IVF - so that inspires me to go on.

I will look out for you on the message boards!

Love Alison xx

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Hi Kaz and Alison Jane

Kaz - I'm glad to hear that your endo is not causing you too much jip.  I've also got a bit of endo on my bladder and it does not bother me either.  I've also got it my pouch of Douglas which did bother me a lot until I had some adhesions cut away.  Unfortuanetly my tubes and ovaries are affected as well.

Alison Jane - glad to hear that your are now recovered from your op and in the 2ww  ;D.

Hope you dont mind me chipping in, just did nt realise it was rare to have endo on your bladder.  Good luck to you both.

I'm starting next tx in Sept.

Love

Becca
x

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Well whatdyaknow! I too have had endo on my bladder. I went through about six months of urology investigations (including that lovely camera in the bladder thing) because of severe constant cystitis before they decided to send me for and MRI that revealed it was probbably endo (which is what it turned out to be).
I had a penny sized lump of it removed from my bladder and a few other places that was casueing me pain. Nothing on the ovaries or tubes, although my right tube (which is the side I had the most pain and the most adhesions removed from) has a blocked tube.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The endo in my bladder aches a bit and I just thought that it was normal period pains as it was ok when I took solpadeine.  I know that being pregnant can calm the endo down and the annoying thing that I have been pregnant twice since January 2002 and the endo paid has calmed down a lot compared to how it used to ache but miscarried both times, last time was in Sept 2002.  So although obviously upset and worried that I miscarred each time for a reason, on the plus side it eased my endo.

Not caught since so that's why I'm on the IVF list at St Marys Manchester.

Kaz

1 - 5 of 5 Posts