Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Can anyone help me? I have been in Metformin now for 5 weeks now stagering them from 1 a day to 3.  The problem is I still have no sign of AF and it is getting me down a bit  :mad:.

I have a sore chest and keep going to the toilet ever half hour.  I did a test on the 6th Oct when I noticed that the going to the toilet was getting worse but it was negative  :-[

I have got an appointment with my Gyney on Friday and was thinking of testing again on Friday morning! I did the last test in the middle of the day and if I am pg I am only a couple of weeks.

I was just wondering how long it has taken any other women to have an AF after taking Metformin?  I had no AF for 3 and a half years then 1 in April this year but none since.

Sorry for going on but I am a little concerned  ???

Thank from Charlotte    :)

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Hi Charlotte

I was on 3x 500mg a day of Metformin. I was prescribed them because i have PCOS and they are supposed to help. I still had to take provera to make me bleed on both cycles. They never improved my AF's at all. There are some girls on here who have said they have improved AF's through the metformin so hopefully someone will answer you.
If you are pregnant then first wee of the day is better if it is still early.
Good luck

Love Kimx  x x

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
hi, im new to this site so hope im doin this correctly!
Suffering from pcos and complete loss of af for over 2yr.
Ive been on metformin for nearly a year, have upped my dosage a couple of times and now take 850 3 x a day, i still never had af untill adding actos 45mg for two months which gave me af. I stopped the actos and now no sign of af so i would ask your dr about this drug too. Ive now added actos back in and patiently await news! ;) my dr has said i should stay on this drug untill preg. Hope this info is of some help to you, i wish u luck hun!  :-*

·
Registered
604 Posts
Hi there Chazz
I've never been on metformin myself so I can't really give any practical advice.
From what I have read hear it can take a long time before ladies bodies adjust to the metformin.
Maybe it would be worth reading back through this section on the posts about metformin to see if someone has the answer?
Good luck
Chick

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi All

Thank you all for your replies I will read up on here and see if I can find the answer's or at least some help. 

I am going to do another test on Friday morning and if that is still negative I will mention the other drugs to my dr.

You are all great on here, thank you for your support.

Love Charlotte    ^DizzyLove^ ^afro^

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi All

Can I just say thank you for your support u know how to make a girl feel ;D.

I did another test on Friday 22nd and it was a bfn :'(. I mentioned to my Dr about not having an AF and he has given me provera to take for 5 day's at the end of this month. When I get my AF I can have my h.s.g and then he said he will put me on clomid. So here goes.

thank U all again for Ur support.

Love Charlotte ::)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts