Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there ladies,

I have not been on for a while but just thought I would tell you my news I have been trying to get pregnant for eleven years in total. I was diagnosed with PCOS (excess testostorone) six months ago I was put on metformin and I have just found out I am pregnant( BFP) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D. I still cant believe it. just wanted you all to know there is hope out there so hold on to it  :) :) :) :)

Love Nicola xxxx

·
Registered
391 Posts
Fab news NCM.  I'm also a metformin fan, I started ovulating after 20 years!

Good luck with your pregnancy!

Lolly X

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thats absolutely fantastic news.

Hope you have a happy healthy pregnancy.

It's always great to hear success stories to remind us all that little miracles do happen

Briggy ^daisy^

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
what lovely news, congratulations

Love Lou xxxx

·
Registered
65 Posts
Brilliant news  :) Have a healthy 9 months Nicola  :)

I am off to see my doc next week and ask him to prescribe me metformin as i have heard a few success stories  :)

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Wow Nicola,

Congratulations!!  I have been on Metformin for almost 5 wks and I have just got my AF which came in 28days.  It normally take 32/35 ... days so this is already good as it has made my cycle go to a normal length. 

Well done girl - you give us all some strength to carry on!

Tweets xx

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
hi all

ncm congratulation on your  ^BFP^ i never ovulated once in the 4 years i was on metformin but once again congratulations

love baby wisper

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
Congrats Hun

I too am on metformin 6 months now and i managed to ovulate this month

Love Martine xxx

·
Registered
4 Posts
Congratulations Nicola !!!
;D
It's great to hear that Metformin is working for some of us !
I have been on it since the start of the year. My cycle is still not regular but instead of being on for 2 weeks it only lasts 5-7 days now.
I am seeing my consultant tomorrow - I have lot's of questions as he told me nothing about metformin at all really when I saw him in December. I have learnt more from this site.
I wish you all the best - you must be over the moon!!!

Nicky B

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi ladies,

I just wanted to thank you all for you kind words and best wishes :)

Best of luck to each and every one of you
love Nicola xxxxx :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
;D Hello Nicola!

It was good to hear you story and congratulations on your news. I also have pcos (higher testosterone) and have sucessfully conceived on clomid three times but which have all ended in early m/c. I am awaiting test results for the cause of the m/c and if i get the all clear, i would like to try metformin but my consultant refuses to give it to me as he says there is not enough research done about it and it should only be given if the clomid doesn't work. I disagree with him and am not totally convinced when he says the clomid is not causing my m/cs.  It would be intresting to know if you were just on metformin alone or with clomid?

luv lizx

·
Registered
46 Posts
WOW!! - what wonderful news! BRAVO!!!!!!!!!
What dose of metformin are u on? I started metformin a week ago and I just love hearing success stories such as yours. 
All the best and I wish a great pregnancy.
Suze

·
Registered
65 Posts
Suze why the doc prescribe you metformin? or did you ask him to? I am off to see my doc tomorrow, i am soo nervous as i want to say to him that i want Metformin  :-\ Any tips girls on how to persuade your GP?  :)

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Hi,

Congratulations on your pregnancy Nicola, that is fantastic and I wish you all the best!!!!!!

I have read through all of the posts and just wanted to offer the other side of the coin so to speak...... I have been on Metformin since March 2001 and although it has reduced my testosterone levels slightly it has never made me ovulate. The only thing that it did do was make me feel awful for about 8 weeks when I started taking it......

I think that you may have a hard job to persuade a GP to prescribe it as certainly all of the GPs I have come across in the past 4 years were not all that aware of the use it has with PCOS, mine was perscibed by my endocrinologist.

If you do not have any luck there is a school of thought that says that a healthy lifestyle with a low suger hormonally balancing diet and exercise can have exactly the same effects as metformin. (Marilyn Glenville)

Good luck anyway,

Tikki. xx

·
Registered
65 Posts
Tikki thanks for the info. I know that metformin doesn't work with everyone, but if we don't try it we won't know  :)

Good tip about healthy life style. I am sticking to it and cut out all the "bad" things that are not good for PCOS.

I just got back from seeing my GP  :) mentioned metformin to him and he said I would most probably benefit from it  :) He can't prescribe to me though :( he told me to talk to my fertility clinic consultant when I go to see her in July  :(

Hope you all ok  :)

xxx

·
Registered
88 Posts
:) congratulations on the pregnancy it cerrtainly makes me want to keep up with taking metformin my cycles are getting regular now which is great i used to have one a yr since taking metformin i have had six out of six cycles hope you have a wonderful pregnancy and all goes well for you and your family.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.