Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

In the last year i have had four cycles of clomid (on monitored with scans), and 2 IUI's with Menopur.  I have just had my notes reviewed and they suggested Metformin.  I have started 1/2 a tablet a day with food for 2 weeks, then I am having 2 x 1/2 a day.
This is all going fine.  They only problem is that I keep thinking I may be pregnant.  I have done two tests, both negative, but my areola around my nipple as increased in size and I have a had a pinkish mucus a few times.  I have not had a period since my last IUI, so I am now on day 45 of my cycle.  This is nothing new though because I have PCOS and I don't usually ovulate on my own. I am just worried if there was the slightest possibility that i was pregnant, would the metformain do any damage.

Thanks & Merry Christmas
Snickers

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Snickers it wouldn't do any harm at all..at my clinic they recommend that idf you're taking metaformin that you keep taking it up until you are 12 weeks pg

·
Registered
604 Posts
My gynae said that if I did become pg, he would like me to continue metformin until 12 weeks, but it would be best to check this with whoever prescribed your metformin as they may have a different way of thinking.

Chick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts