Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an ear thermometer (yesterday) and have since read that this is not accurate enough for charting and have been told to do it vaginally or rectally.  So can you please tell me which way you took your temperature, and how successful did you find it? 

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi

I use a normal digital mouth thermometer. Think the digital ones are better as they give a more precise reading.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I used a digital BBT thermometer, and took my temperature in my mouth.  Always seemed very accurate and got very clear thermal shift.  They are fairly cheap, about £5 from amazon, may be cheaper elsewhere.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I got a digital BBT on online for about £4 but I have since seen them in Home Bargains for about £2! I'm doing it rectally  ::) but have only started this week.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I only started a week ago.  I'm using a digital ear thermometer at the moment and my temperature is really all over the place, ranging from 36.9 to 38.3 - it looks terrible on the chart!  So now I don't trust the thermometer that cost £15 from Lloyds chemist and Ive bought one for £3.99 of t'internet.  Will be interested to see how they compare.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I've only done 3 days so far and there is little change 36.88, 36.92 and 36.79 so I am waiting to see what happens later in my cycle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts