Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I start IVF tomorrow and will be injecting Suprecor (I think that's how you spell it). Fortunately I am not a first time injector as I have used Imigraine injections for a number of years, however the clinic has told me that once I start IVF I should abandon the only medication that has ever worked for paracetamol and only then if I really need it. (Clearly these people have never had a migraine!)
Searching round for a non-drug form of pain relief I stumbled across TeNs.  So my questions are:
1. Is it safe to use TeNs while on IVF?
2. Will it actually work on migraine or just tension headaches?
3. If I am paying out for a machine it seems to make sense to get one that can do for both migraines and labour (fingers crossed) - are there machines that can do both?
Many thanks!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi Lizibee  can't comment on the Tens machine but I think it is Willow Bark that I was prescribed by the Jan de Vries herbal clinic for my migraines - the girl I saw there was appalled at the number or paracetamol I was taking during an attack and tolkd that the Willow Bark is a natural herbal pain relief.

Don't you know whether you would like to give this a try but do check with your herbal shop that I've got the right herb (it came in tablet form).

Barbara

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Hi Lizbee, Barbara

Aspirin was derived from Willow bark (salicylic acid), so please be careful.

love & hugs

Camilla

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi Barbara and Lizibee..

I can completely sympathise with your situation, I am one of about 3 people in the country who suffer with a condtion called Hemicranea Continua, basically 24/7 headaches, I take a shed load of tablets including 500 paracetamol every 8 weeks and have been told that if I was to fall preganant I would have to stop every last one of them, I must admit the prospect terrifies me as im in enough pain as it is, let alone with no meds.

So my question to you Barbara is did the herb work for you ? id be really interested to know as am heavily into alternative and complimentary remedies and also Lizyibee if you do get a tens and it gives you any relief, please post it here on this site as id love to know, its something ive never tried.

My heart really does go out to you Lizibee, I will send you lots of healing thoughts, good luck

Luv Andrea x

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Andrea you poor thing! 24/7 ugh!
I've tried lots of alternative therapies that have well, almost worked, nothing quite so good as the real drugs but somethings way better than paracetamol. Unfortunately, and heres the catch, most of them are not suitable in pregnancy either!
Reflexology was a good one, though very expensive, as was homeopathy but both therapists were very cautious about continuing during IVF, their reason being that they aim to restore the body to 'balance' and the IVF drugs need to work by getting you off balance.
I will however probably continue with stuff like 4Head, ice packs and hot water bottles unless someone can give me a really good reason not too.
Thanks for the support. I'll keep looking into the TeNs stuff (a good website seems to be www.tens.net) and will let you know what I find out.
LiziBee

·
Registered
139 Posts
Great, thanks Lizibee....

Andrea x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts