Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
my baby Ana is 11 months old. Her first tooth has just come through which has caused her some discomfort but nothing too major. She has now had mild nappy rash for just under 6 weeks which I have not been able to shift, despite trying everything from Metanium to Zinc & Caster Oil Cream. I went to the doctor 2 weeks ago, as I thought it could be thrush (even though it doesn't look like thrush), but he "just" diagnosed mild nappy rash and gave me some hydrocortisone to get rid of the inflammation, which hasn't made any difference (and which I only used for 5 days). I have just changed over to Sensitive nappies, so will see if that makes a difference. I wondered whether it could be the teething that is causing the rash? Several people have mentioned this to me, but the doctor dismissed it. Ana has never had nappy rash before, and I haven't changed anything in her diet or on her skin, the only thing I can think of is the teething, but she hasn't had bad symptoms, so I am puzzled! I tried reducing her fruit (in particular apples) to reduce the acid in her stomach/urine, but that didn't do any good either.

Could it be the teething?

Is there anything else I could try?

Although she doesn't seem to be in any discomfort, the nappy area is horrid to look at and I am getting quite distressed about the fact that there is no improvement whatever I try!

Any advice/information would be much appreciated!

Many thanks!

BusyBee x

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
Hi Busybee!!

How are you getting on?? I Ana's nappy rash getting any better??

There are other creams you can but over the counter but i suggest if it is no better by now you could ask your hv or get your gp to have another look at her!!

Another good thing to do for your little one if the rash is still no better is to give her some nappy free time this can help the healing!!

Let me know how you are getting on and if i can be of any help!!

Luv V xx

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,
the nappy rash is still no better - but on the positive side, it's also no worse! Ana is cutting her second tooth as I write this, so I'm going to see whether there is an improvement once this has come through and if not, then I think I'll go back to see my GP.

BusyBee x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts