Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all
usually i follow the icsi thread. i had my mid cycle scan today and my dr said that i have mild pcos. we have had severe male factor problems relating to our fertility problems. is the mild pcos something to be concerned about? dr said it's not a problem - but i guess i wanted to hear from people who have it! i am overweight - but mainly because i eat way too much c**p. my cycles are irregular but always come in at around 28 - 35 days. will they put me on any drugs for this?
any advice...please...!! ::)
thanks SO MUCH
eva x

·
Registered
604 Posts
Hi Eva
Aside from the symtoms you have mentioned, do you have any ithers such as acne or increased hair gowth? It maybe that you suffer with PCO, that is polycystic ovaries but without the normal symtokms that go with PCOS. If it is mild and it is not stopping your ovaries from responding to stimulation with drugs, then the likihood is that they will do nothing. If it is, or they think it is interfering with the response to your stims, they may consider putting you on medication such as metformin but it really does depend on how severe it is and how worried your dr is about it's effects on your tx cycle.
Chick

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi Eva

Like you dh & I sought help for MF but on the first scan they discovered I have mild PCOS on one ovary. My doc also told me that I shouldn't be worried about it but the shock of discovering I have a condition I knew nothing about was overwhelming. I have no symptons at all..I suppose I am overweight but I am not obese, never had problem periods & hair grows only where it should  :-[

I was sent for tests for glucose tolerance which came back as borderline which means I have insulin resistance. Because of these results I was prescribed metformin which they wanted me to build up in my system before we start our first cycle ICSi on Jan 5th.

I guess every clinic/person is different but it might be worth asking yours if they think metformin is necessary for you.

Hope it all works out for you..let me know if you ever want to chat about it. Having not long discovered this myself I can imagine how you're feeling.

B xx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts