Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI Ruth,

I'm 16 weeks preggers with twins and for the last 4 weeks have had constant coldsores ... is it something I'm lacking in my diet or is it just a hormonal thing?  I have been using Zovirax as my chemist said it was ok to use .. just wondering if there is anything you can recommend ... apart from a motorbike helmet!!

Many thanks,

Westies

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Sorry to say, no idea. Have you mentioned it to your midwife as they may have come across it before. Motorcycle helmet does sound extreme!!

Ruth

·
Premium Member
4,658 Posts
Hi Westies,

I am not a nurse, but like you i suffer with minging coldsored, i had one a couple of weeks ago, as i was only 6 weeks pg i didn't want to risk Zovirax so i used DH's aftershave instead  :), i found this cleared it up quicker than my Zovirax usually does, i have also been told that neat vinegar works very well.  My coldsores are usually hormonal ones as i normally get them at the same time as my af, also stress has caused me have a breakout of them

Mish3434

·
Premium Member
2,762 Posts
Hi Westies
my Mum suffers with them a lot, apparently certain people tend to get them a lot as once the virus is there is stays there and erupts now and again. She gets them when she is run down, so it could be that your hormones are playing up at the mo.
She uses Spirits of Camphor, most chemists should have it, but check it's ok to use when pg.
My mate swears by toothpaste too  :eek: dunno if it'll work for you too hun.
take care matey
Gaynor
XX

1 - 4 of 4 Posts