Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Ruth,

Just got back from 2nd iui - procedure was a bit of a struggle again & nurse announced that I have a minute cervix "just a pin prick" - would this cause a problem in natural conception? DP has "sleepy swimmers" (nurses words).

Feel like an old, deformed freak at the moment!

Thanks, Jess x

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
A pin hole cervix can cause problems with assisted conception techniques but doesn´t affect natural conception. Unfortunately if your dh has got slow swimmers the closer the sperm is put to ovulation then the better and therefore IUI will give the best chances of pregnancy. Lots of women have a pin hole cervix and get pregnant.

Ruth

·
Registered
492 Posts
Jess

Just wanted to say know how you feel. I don't have a pin hole cervix, but they just can't even see mine (its so far back) to do the IUI. Just had BFN today so don't know what we do from here.

I feel a bit of a freak too as I'm told they've never had this prob before.

Hate to say try to feel positive and good about yourself cos i know when people say that to me it stinks but you've just got to trust the experts and see yourelf as a bit of a change for the nurse from all those boring regular cervixes that she always sees! Hope you get my point and good luck.

Cathy

·
Registered
43 Posts
I too have a minute cervix - and for the first three treatments they could not get the catheter through at all! I had to have an op to get my cervix dilated - and now they have managed to get the catheter through each time - but sometimes it is a struggle. Last time it took two nurses, 3 speculums and two different types of catheter  :eek:!

Hope you don't have to go though the process too many times  ;)

Jules

·
Registered
119 Posts
jess p said:
Dear Ruth,

Just got back from 2nd iui - procedure was a bit of a struggle again & nurse announced that I have a minute cervix "just a pin needle" - would this cause a problem in natural conception? DP has "sleepy swimmers" (nurses words).

Feel like an old, deformed freak at the moment!

Thanks, Jess x
are you at heath rd hospital in ipswich? cos if you are so am i!!! small world although i'm only on metformin at the mo having one follicle a month but nowt happening

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks girls,

Feel better for that - really thought I might be the only one in the world!

Jess x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.