Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Wonder if someone could help me out.

I had a miscarriage a month ago and have been trying to concieve again using metformin and clomid (under instruction of my consultant).

The only thing is, could there still be hcg in my system from my last pregnancy?  I am worried about testing this month and getting a false positive result.

Hope this all makes sense!!

Thanks
Becky

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
It is possible to have HCG still in your system but this dependant on how far pregnant you were when you misc. If early and you had a full bleed, then the chances of hcg in system are very low but if 8 weeks + then cannot be ruled out but it should be only a low level. Did you have a blood test or hpt done after misc to check level was down? It´s the safest way of knowing for sure.

Ruth

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ruth,

I was 12+2 when I the baby died.  It was a missed misc and I had to go into hospital to have the labour induced a week after it died. 

I have not had any blood test or anything to see if the level is down.

I was going to test this weekend to see if I'm pregnant this month.  What should I do now to know if the pregnancy test is correct or not?

Thanks
Becky

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
You will need two blood tests carried out with a minimum of 48 hours between the two. We should be able to see an increase and a corralation with the two results.

Ruth

1 - 4 of 4 Posts