Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m not sure if you can help but I have something puzzling me and thought I’d ask anyway…..

I found out on my ultrasound scan on the 20th May that I’d suffered a miscarriage….prior to this I’d had severe pain in my left side and bleeding…enough to take me to A&E on the 16th May.  They examined me and after taking bloods and giving me a check over to discover my cervix was closed they reluctantly allowed me home.  I believe I was showing some symptoms of having an ectopic pregnancy….Anyway the pain eased and then a few days later I had my scan to reveal nothing inside..she never checked my tubes just my womb.  In A&E my bloods came back at 8000 but by scan day 4 days later they were down to 600...I had a further 2 blood tests taken  on a weekly basis until they were down to normal again.  Yesterday I started to have pain in my left side again in exactly the same place as before…after having a shower I noticed something in the basin and on examining it I am convinced it is the sac…It is about the size of a thumb nail and very stretchy but more of a solid shape….not at all like cm.  Can this be possible after all this time and if so, do you think my pregnancy was ectopic and my body has managed to expel it on it’s own ???  Any thoughts would be appreciated.  Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,142 Posts
Hi,

I'm really sorry for your loss ^hugme^ Usually with an ectopic pregnancy your body wouldn't be able to expel it on it's own, as it has implanted outside your uterus.  It could be something small that was just remaining in your uterus though.  If you have any more like it, or notice an offensive smell, see your gp.

all the best,

emilycaitlin xx

1 - 2 of 2 Posts