Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, we took the big test on Sunday and it was a  ^BFP^ we are so happy, scared, nervous, excited - we have been ttc for seven years and there is no reason for it not happening. We have to wait until 5th Jan for our early scan and it seems like ages away. I just want to know if everything is OK. Our 1st treatment worked but we mc at about 10 weeks and it was a huge kick in the teeth! The 2nd did not work. I just want to shout ITS OUR TURN!!!! WE are trying to stay really positive ^reiki^ but at times its really hard! Sorry for going on just a bit mixed up tonight - must be the hormones  ^idiot^
On a lighter note any excuses welcome for me not taking a drink over the next couple of weeks welcome! ;D We are trying to keep it quiet at the moment :-X VERY HARD when you want to shout it from the roof tops hahaha

·
Registered
988 Posts
congrats hun on ur bfp!  ^pray^ all goes well for u and u have a h&h pregnancy.

5th jan does seem along way away, i am due to have FET on 22nd dec if my embies survive the thaw and my test date would be 5th jan (also my dp birthday) x

lets hope its a good day for both of us x

·
Premium Member
6,153 Posts
It is scary - my first treatment worked and my baby died in the 2nd trimester after 3 scans showing a baby 8 days too small, but growing. That was devastating.

My FET did not work and knocked me right back.

But now I am pregnant again and I had my 12 week scan today. This one is 3 days ahead of dates and has all the bits it should.

Keep going hun. It can be a different story.

As for excuses for not drinking - I don't really drink - haven't for years, so it is no surprise to people when I choose a soft drink.

It is not really anyone's business. You could just make something up like you have been having a few headaches lately and you have identified booze as a possible cause, so you are laying off it so you can enjoy your Christmas. Or you are doing some sort of 3 month detox from alcohol and don't want to break it just coz of Christmas.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
for avoiding alcohol, the obvious one is to volunteer to be the designated driver. or, if you are in a pub you can buy yourself short measures of coke or lime and soda so it looks like you have a spirit and a mixer, alcohol free beer in a glass is another good option. lots of bars do virgin cocktails and no one would ever know. if you are having friends round at home it's even easier, just keep some non-alcoholic wine in the fridge along with the normal stuff and make sure yours is always poured from the right bottle - i have done that a few times and no-one was any the wiser. that way, when you find yourself in a suituation where you have to say something like you've got a headache so not drinking, it will look less suspicious cause they will think oh but she had a glass of wine at hers last week so it's not that.
hope that makes sense...

·
Premium Member
5,306 Posts
I normally volunteer to drive so I have a valid excuse for not drinking - but then I've never been very keen on alcohol anyway so people never really question why I'm not drinking. Hazel's idea of blaming headaches is a good one, I never thought of that!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks ladies feeling better tonight!  ;D This is a great site to be able to write how you feel unless you have been there you don't really understand.
Good luck to you all!!  ^hugme^

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.