Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this on Clomid thread few days ago but unfortunately noone able to advise me...just wondered if anyone here could help ???

Hi ladies

Well I've finished my 1st course of 50mg Clomid & managed to get away with only one bad day of side effects - but boy were they bad - Gareth is still alive but only because he left the house for an hour whilst I calmed down...  
Anyway, I've been getting teeny little twinges in both my ovaries but nothing too major & I've got my CD12 scan on Tuesday.

I ovulate naturally anyway (my CD21 prog levels always high - last was 61)...so consultant said I don't need to have any more BT's but that because I have high natural prog it could indicate I release more than one egg a month anyway....so he wants to monitor me by scan.....between CD10 - 14
Now, I assumed he would only want to do 1 scan...and since I usually have 28 day cycle & ovulate CD14, I reasoned CD12 best day for me to go....
Not sure I'm making sense here      

Basically, I'm wondering what he'll be looking for at the scan (a TVS)...how many follies is "usual" ? (considering I ovulate above average anyway  ) Will they measure my womb lining to make sure it's healthy - what is healthy ?  Will I have to have more than one scan ?  It's all new to me as 1st time on Clomid so any advice would be appreciated !  Questions questions...  

Thanks in advance
Natasha

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Hi Minxy,

I'm sorry you had a bad mood experience on Clomid! Opps!

What we were told and found in our treatment was...

Scan is to look at how many follies you have produced if and what size they are, you need um to be about 18mm but ones 15mm may have an egg in. There cannot be more than 3 viable follies (ones that may have eggs in) for them to give you an HCG shot to release them (legal thing on multiple births). They will measure lining of womb to check all good for implantation, I think 7mm is good. It is an internal scan using a probe ultrasound, commonly known as the dildocam on this site! No need for a full bladder if it is a bit full you'll get to see that too!

If follies not as large as they'd like they are likely to ask you back in a day or two as they can grow 1-2mm a day.

Average number of follies - there isn't one! It depends on you the level of Clomid you are on etc etc.

I went on 50mg got loads of them several at 10mm, a few at 15-17mm on first round then had to have natural cycle as this was seen as overstimulating!. Second round (IUI) on 25mg I had one at 19mm and one at 18mm and a few at 10mm really good lining and luckily got BFP!

Clomid tends to increase lining, follicle size and progesterone so if you are having a good natural cycle this should help boost things and help give a larger target for the boys to hit!

Good luck with your 12day scan and hope it is a good one for you!

Charlie xxx

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi...
Thanks for your reply....I've had loads of internal scans (TVS) before so not worried about that.
Also, I ovulate fine naturally so I'm not sure if I'd need an hcg shot to release the eggs ???
Congratulations on your  ^BFP^
Anyway, fingers crossed & thanks again for your reply....at least I now have an idea of what they're looking for.  ^afro^
Take care
Natasha

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.