Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Peter

I wondered if you may be able to anwer a few questions I have.

1) Why do not alot of women make it to blastocyst but can indeed get a positive from a 3 day transfer

Therefore:

1a) What happens inside the womb that won't happen inisde the lab that makes its more successful

2) If you are unsuccessful in reaching blastocyst, would you of been successful with a 3 day transfer if the embies we're at 5-8 cells?

2a) If no blastocysts on day 5 or 6, is it worth selecting the best of that collection and implanting 2 of them, incase mother nature works differently

I'm like an absolute nervous wreck. It seems like a lifetime between each early morning call telling me how they are doing. I'm currently on day 4 with approx 8 embies. Yesterday they we're at 5-8 cells. The embrologists are very confident that I will reach blastocyst but being such a negative person I keep preparing myself for the worst.

I know in America and Candada you are very up on blastocysts. Do you encourage your clients if they respond well.

Is there any further advice you can give me. Hate the waiting around and being out of control.

Many thanks Peter, you've been such a great support to me and my hubby.

Ali.x

·
Registered
856 Posts
Happytoddy said:
Hi Peter

I wondered if you may be able to anwer a few questions I have.

1) Why do not alot of women make it to blastocyst but can indeed get a positive from a 3 day transfer

This kind of history would be pretty rare. Normally if embryos will not go to balstocyst in the lab then they are unlikely to do so if transferred.

Therefore:

1a) What happens inside the womb that won't happen inisde the lab that makes its more successful

Who knows? There will be thousands of interactions which we cannot mimic in the lab.

2) If you are unsuccessful in reaching blastocyst, would you of been successful with a 3 day transfer if the embies we're at 5-8 cells?

Possible but unlikely.

2a) If no blastocysts on day 5 or 6, is it worth selecting the best of that collection and implanting 2 of them, incase mother nature works differently

Possibly although I don't know of anyone who does this. It is an ineteresting thought though!

I'm like an absolute nervous wreck. It seems like a lifetime between each early morning call telling me how they are doing. I'm currently on day 4 with approx 8 embies. Yesterday they we're at 5-8 cells. The embrologists are very confident that I will reach blastocyst but being such a negative person I keep preparing myself for the worst.

Try and think positive and not to worry

I know in America and Candada you are very up on blastocysts. Do you encourage your clients if they respond well.

Yes, absolutely.

Is there any further advice you can give me. Hate the waiting around and being out of control.

Just relax and try not to worry!

Many thanks Peter, you've been such a great support to me and my hubby.

My pleasure and good luck!!

Peter
Ali.x

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Peter

Firstly thanks alot for your reply and that your keeping well.

Thankfully after a few sleepless nights and high anxiety levels I made it to blastocysts. I ended up having 7 of the 8 make blastocysts. From various responses on FF, I hear thats pretty good going.

2 blastocysts we're transfered on Saturday. We we're just wondering what the actual success chances are once you have blastocysts transfered.

Also whats the success in thawing the 5 remaining blastocysts should unfortunately the worse happen with this cycle. We are obviously praying that everything will work out but we're also be realistic thats there's no guarantees.

Thanks in advance.

Your a star!

Ali.x

·
Registered
856 Posts
Happytoddy said:
Hi Peter

Firstly thanks alot for your reply and that your keeping well.

Thankfully after a few sleepless nights and high anxiety levels I made it to blastocysts. I ended up having 7 of the 8 make blastocysts. From various responses on FF, I hear thats pretty good going.

Excellent going! Well done!

2 blastocysts we're transfered on Saturday. We we're just wondering what the actual success chances are once you have blastocysts transfered.

Between 35-40% in my clinic, it varies elsewhere.

Also whats the success in thawing the 5 remaining blastocysts should unfortunately the worse happen with this cycle. We are obviously praying that everything will work out but we're also be realistic thats there's no guarantees.

Thaw rate should be 80-90% in experienced hands

Good luck!!

Peter
Thanks in advance.

Your a star!

Ali.x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts