Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Girls,

I am so scared. I had a bit more spotting this morning, i thought i had seen the last of it following last tuesdays brown spotting. The spotting this morning was pink and watery. It has gone away again after i took my morning dose of cyclogest but i dont know if it is that keeping it at bay ? i am getting some tummy pains now, not sure if its anxiety or the worst. I am feeling very tired, my appetite has gone and i have got a headache that i havent been able to shift since yesterday. I cannot bear the thought of loosing my baby now i really cant, i am so scared and it is completely out of my control. My Dr has brought my scan forward to Monday but going by my tummy pains i dont know if we will make it that far...  :'( :'( :'(

bell xx

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Bell  ^hugme^  really hope all goes well for your scan, try and relax and not get too stressed and yes I know that's easier said than done x  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
Bell I had lots of spotting, it can mean that things are just snuggling in firmly.

I know its really hard but stressing yourself out won't help. Try to relax and think ^reiki^ thoughts. Nothing you can do will change the outcome so try to enjoy this time as much as you can.

Sending you a big ^hugme^

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
bell if is brown old blood its normally ok, plus 50-70% of women who bleed go on to have healthy babies. Headaches are common in pregnancy coz the hormones (i had them every day for a few weeks) so it could be that hun. See what happens monday hopefully its good news, also talk to your clinic about the cyclogest as maybe they don't agree with you? ^hugme^ ^hugme^

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Hi

Good luck for your scan honey and remember that AF type pains and spotting are common during early pregnancy and don't always mean there's a problem. I've had everything this time round from spotting to full on bleeding with clots plus severe AF type pains and my 2 beans are still hanging on in there 27 weeks on. Headaches are also very common early on due to the increase in hormones. I almost developed an addiction to my 4Head stick!! Just rest as much as possible. I won't say 'try not to worry' as from experience I know that's virtually impossible to do! Just hold onto the fact that there are lots of us who've been through this and are now having healthy pregnancies or have bouncing little babies. Will keep everything crossed for you ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Hiya,

I have also had spotting, particularly early on.  Also had a heavy bleed and baby still ok.  It doesn't automatically mean the worst, though i can totally understand your worry.  Take it easy and let us know how your scan goes,

Tracy xxx

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Girls,

Thanks so much for your reassurance  :)

I feel much better today, there has been no more spotting since yesterday morning although i have still got tummy pains ( i am thinking that these are growing pains rather than something to worry about ).
I am glad that i have got my scan on Monday, i am really looking forward to seeing our ^baby^ or ^baby^ ^baby^ ! i wake up every morning with my hand on my tummy now ! Is it possible to see the heartbeat(s) at 6 weeks and 1 day ??

Thanks for all your support girls, i am not sure what i would do without you...  ^Cuddle^

bell xx

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Hi

Glad you're feeling better! I saw both heartbeats and 6 weeks but was warned that they could be difficult to detect that early, so don't worry if you don't. Good luck with your scan and let us know how it goes  ^hugme^

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Bell Just to let you know the same happened to me, and I too was worried sick. The consultant explained to me that the embryo as it settles in breaks into some of your uterine blood vessels as the placenta buries deep into the lining. this breaking into your womb lining can cause the spotting and although a great worry imagine it as your baby getting its tubes wired up ready to feed of you for the next few months!!

Lotsky

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi there girls,

Well it was panic stations yesterday ! i was spotting red blood so went to the hospital, Lovely gynae took a look and everything is ok... phew ! my blood pressure shot up to 150/90 and was only just under that today so they need to keep an eye on that now too ! what a mess i am at the moment  ::)

Well, didnt see much on the scan, Doc said its because i am only just 6 weeks, but he can see enough to tell me there is one  ^babycrawl^ in there ! what a relief, i have now got the stressing wait for the next scan next tuesday to look for the heartbeat, does the stress ever end ! i thought it would be plain sailing after the 2ww, how wrong was i  ^idiot^

Do many peeps see the heartbeat at 6weeks ? i am scared

My DH is still convinced i am carrying double trouble....

Bell xxx

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Hi Bell

Great news on your scan  :)  :)  That must have put your mind at rest  :)  :)

We had a scan at exactly 6 weeks and we saw the heartbeat, lots of ladies do  :)

x x x x x

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
Bell i saw both mine at 6 weeks but was told to expect not to as many don't.  Mine implanted really early as i tested BFP 8 days after transfer so i guess thats why the HBs were there by 6 weeks but yours could have implanted later.  The HB only begins to beat around the 6 week mark and its soooooo hard to see, i couldn't see one of mine until they pointed it out, the babies were only about 3.8mm so they are teeny tiny too - i thought they looked like little grains of rice  :)  I am sure you will see that little HB at the next scan.  Try not to worry, remember your BP!  ^reiki^ ^hugme^

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Hi again Bell,

I think we saw our heartbeat around 6+5 off the top of our head.

Good luck with your pregnancy- try to think that if your consultant is not worried, then there is nothing for you to worry about either!!

Lotsky x

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Bell - Just sending you lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ for today's scan.

Ronnie
x

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Hi Bell

with your scan today.

^reiki^ ^pray^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^reiki^ ^pray^

x x x x x

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Good luck for your scan today hun xx

·
Registered
221 Posts
Good Luck with you scan - I know what you are going through as I bled on and off until 11 weeks!

Take Care
x

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Morning Girls,

Well good news..... saw one healthy heartbeat and one healthy  ^babycrawl^ today ! We are totally over the moon and so relieved ! Dr said that i must of had a late implater as we couldnt see alot last week but baby has grown alot in the last week which is great (that explains the brown smudge i had on day 12 after ET). Going for another scan next monday and then the Dr will pass me back to my gynae to sort me out !

Just one small problem ( there is always something with me ) my blood pressure is still high. Last week it was 150/90, Tested this morning at 140/100 and then he made me pop to the chemist and get it checked just now and its 141/99. If it doesnt go down by tonight he wants to admit me into hospital for a couple of days to get it sorted out, as long as baby is ok i dont mind, at least they are keeping a close eye on it. Has anyone else experienced this ? my blood pressure was totally fine before i got pregnant !!!

Hope you are all ok,

A very Happy and reassured,

Bell xxx

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Bell

Fantastic news on seeing the hearbeat  :)  :)  :) 

I hope your blood pressure goes down  :)

x x x

1 - 20 of 29 Posts