Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Hi Kim

I had a moses basket and a cot, Katelyn was in the moses basket for a total of 7 weeks!! She went into the cot in her own room from then on.

You don't have to have a moses basket, it's nice though as it's very portable. She used to be in it downstairs for most of the day and then I would take it up to my bedroom at night.

You could also use a carry cot? If you are getting a pushchair with one with it?

Hope I've helped a bit?!

By the way, I brought mine for £20 out of the Friday-Ad (local free-ads paper), then just brought a new mattress, so you don't have to spend a fortune!

Love Jules xxxxxxx

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Hi Kim,

Henry slept in a carry-cot inside the cot - wanted to get him used to those bars from an early age  ;D ;D ;D.

I kept him snuggled right up in his carry cot until he was 3 months old and then he went into a sleeping bag in the cot.

I used a carry-cot as we had the Quinny travel system so had the maxi-cosi dreamy carry cot - very handy as you could carry it up and down the stairs etc.

S xx

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Hi Kim

We used a rocking crib for all of 3 nights, my DD screamed her head off in it so I guess she didn't like it.  We then put her straight into her cot bed (she looked really lost in there) and what a difference.  One happy baby!

I would recommend borrowing a moses basket if you can because they are not in them for very long and most of the people I know who purchased one said their babies wouldn't go in them so felt like they had wasted there money.  Even my H/V said they are a waste of money!

If you do go ahead and get a moses basket, I would also get a cot as well just in case your little bundle of joy doesn't take to it.

I second Shelley's tip, if you get a buggy with a carry-cot just use that.  Do make sure though that the carry cot is suitable for a baby to sleeping in during the night (not just for naps during the day).

Terri xx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.