Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

Hope you can help.

DH had semen analysis and his count is 57 mill and doctor said it was slightly low - I thought this was good (and that 20 mill was about normal)??  Although it was 117 mill in 2004 so gone down a lot.

Also his motility has improved from 24% to 30%, I know >50% it normal but is 30% really bad? Surely 50% of 20 mill is not as good as 30% of 57 mill or doesn't it work out like that? My question is is 30% really bad - do we still have a chance naturally (we plan to do treatment late this year but are hoping for a little miracle in between).  DH has started on all his different vitains again too and also on Proxeed Plus this time, he is going to get another semen test done after the 3 months as I am really nosey and want to see if it makes a difference, hope it does.

Also does anyone know for sure how often you should BD with low motility, I read so many different things - should it actually be every 48 hours?

I've tried researching this (motility and bd'ing) but am getting more and more confused.

I hope someone can help.

Big hugs Love

Lemonjelly xxx

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm no expert by any means, but my hb has low motility, morphology and low sperm count.  Can't help you with the nos as can't recall what's classed as acceptable levels.  Currently waiting to see fertility consultant. 

Doc hasn't given us any advice re: this, but have read on the internet (that reliable source!) that every 3-4 days is better than more frequently, so that's what we're trying.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts