Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Girls,
I've just coming to the end of my 2ww on a 2nd IUI cycle. Sadly, I don't think its worked ( tested today - 13 days after basting & BFN & also have familiar AF pains).

I have quite a stressful job but for one reason or another will have most of May and some of June off. I'm thinking this could be an ideal time to do IVF without the worry of work. But it would mean starting straight away in my next cycle. Does anyone know if this is possible or do you have to give it a break ? I know I should phone the clinic, but am worried they will say I should waiting until my period arrives & I'm concerned I need to start drugs as soon as it does.

Also, I've got an NHS appt for IVF to start treatment in September. They said you need to leave 3months betwn treatments. If I had IVF in May/June and it didin;t work, it would be three periods until Sept - do you think this is what they mean?
Sorry - probably stupid questions, but I've done a search and can't quite find any answers  :-[
Any help gratefully received ! Thanks Girls

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Hi Grace

Did you have a medicated IUI? If so with what stimms?

TBH I think it pretty much boils down to the clinic whether you have a break or not, my clinic like you to have at least 1 full cycle between treatments i.e. if you have a bleed now and then you could start stimms after you next period ( my clinic generally do S/P with Cetrotide so no D/R)

I would give them a call and see what they say

Good luck

Sam

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Samper. I had 50mg of Clomid with IUI. If I can't do it next month, I'll have to wait until Sept/Oct
Gx

·
Premium Member
5,678 Posts
It may be they like you to wait 3 cycles to make sure the drugs & it's effects are out of your system. As far as clomid is concerned it's effects aren't normally long lasting so I think a baseline scan should show things are ok to proceed pretty quickly but between one cycle & another who can can say. it's all dependant on how you respond to the drugs I would say

1 - 4 of 4 Posts