Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello  :)

Just wondered if anyone could help me, I've been ttc for just over 3 years and I was told on Monday that i have multicystic ovaries.  I have searched on the internet but i can't find any information about it.   

If anyone could help me i would be very grateful.

Take care

Emma xxx

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Emma,
i have PCOS and have never heard of Multicystic ovaries before.  I did a search on google for you and this is what came back.  don't know if it is of any help.

What is the difference between polycystic ovaries and
      multicystic ovaries?

Multicystic ovaries (multiple cysts of 25 mm) are a variation of normal physiology. These are associated with
multiple identical births (twins, triplets, ...). They happen commonly with ovulation induction (clomiphene, menopausal gonadotropins, FSH, ...). These are associated with increased pain and with surgery to relieve the pain.

These are contrasted with PCO and multiple cystic follicles.PCO (multiple follicles of about 8 mm at the rim of the ovary) is best described at: PCOSupport.org. Multiple cystic follicles (multiple follicles up to 10 mm)
are part of normal ovulation.

Jackson
  XX

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jackson

Thank you for the information, much appreciated.

Take care

Emma   :)

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
Hi Emma

I too was told I had multi cystic ovaries but when I asked about them was dismissed by the consultant.  There is also nothing on the internet about it

When I spoke to the Dr doing the scan he seemed to feel that the issues were similar to PCO and it could be treated with Clomid.  He also asked if I found difficulty losing weight (I do) etc as it is all linked.

I hope this helps

Clare

1 - 4 of 4 Posts