Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I am a newie here and I have recently been told that I have Multicystic ovaries, not PCO.  I understand that Multi... means that the cysts/sacs are in the ovary instead of on the outer edge.  Apart from that, I don't know much more, can anyone enlighten me or pass on their experience with this???

I am waiting for an appointment for a scan which will test if my tubes are blocked or not, technical terms, in know!!!

Look forward to hearing from anyone!

:) ;D

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Hi Elx,

Happy new year, I have had exactly the same diagnosis as you..although not sure I can make things any clearer for you as everyone I see has a different opinion on the matter!!  ^idiot^

Firstly I was referred to Bedford Hospital where I saw the consultant for an internal scan, she said that the scan was not normal but was not typical polycystic appearance either, she said she thought I probably was not ovulating.  I then told her that I had been using the clearblue moniter every month for the past year and that it had always shown a high and peak every month, to which she then said oh you must be ovulating then!!!!

She then sent me a letter saying that I had multicystical ovaries and there were no abnormalities!!???  I went to see my GP to discuss the results who said that mulitcystical is normal and that every woman has this, its just follicles.

I have had numerous blood tests and all my hormone results are normal so the GP ruled out PCOS.  However I have always had oily skin and spots which I have always thought was abnormal at my age!!!

We then went to Herts and Essex and the consultant there just shook his head in exasperation when he saw the letter from Bedford Hospital and said I quote "This does frustrate me, think of it in Latin, mulit and poly, they both mean many, it is the same thing, you will more than likely have polycystic ovaries".  I then told him again that my hormone results were normal, but he said that this didn't matter and that I could still have PCO, he said he would expect my AMH levels to he high with PCO.

Lo and behold my AMH levels cam back at 57.9!!!  So still nothing conclusive and I can't believe the differing opinions I have had along the way. :mad:

So after that to answer your question you probably have PCO, have you had your hormone levels checked?? x x

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.