Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I was reading through some of the topics, and the one titled "vitamin D" interested me....  the reply said we recommend multi vits from 6 months.  I have no recollection of ever being told or recommended to give them to my little girl, she is now 18 months - is this something I have missed and should be doing, I am a little worried now that she is missing out on something important.

She eats a balanced diet, loves everything from toast and dairylea to fresh and dried fruit and weighs about 23lbs, and I have never thought of giving her any dietary supplements.

Thanks
Rach

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Hi Rachel

Theres different thoughts on this.

Some health professionals say yes from 6 mths esp if breast feeding

Others say that if you are weaning and your baby has a well balanced diet, gaining weight, maintaining centile, not premature etc then no.

So its a case of looking at each child's situation.

From what you have said, your dd hasn't missed out as she has a well balanced diet.

Jxxxxx

·
Premium Member
7,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Janette

Thanks for the reply - had just never heard of giving her multi vits before. She has never been breastfed and was on Aptamil formula from birth, I started weaning at about 5 months and apart from parsnip doesnt turn her nose up at anything - in fact we went for japanese today for lunch....
Her weight fluctuates between the 25th and 50th centile, but she started nursery in january and it has been germ city here ever since so she was off her food for a bit. Her appetite has returned with a vengance and she is now back up to about the 50th again, she is also super active and never stops rushing around so burns off as much as she eats!

Might mention it to my HV next time I get her weighed, thanks again for the info - much appreciated.

Rach
x

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Hi Rach

I honestly think your dd is fine  :)..she is eating well and is spot on with her centiles.

Its mainly children whose diet isnt well balanced or not varied  :)

Jxx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts