Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home Mummies

Think this one will see you into the next month as well as the end of this! ;)

Love
Dee
xxx
;D ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Sue - Just wanted to wish you and your family a safe trip to Oz tomorrow. Hope the flight goes well with Iestyn (sure it will ;) ), and that you have a good time over there catching up with Bronwyn. I understand it's going to be an emotional trip for you, but I hope all goes well and you are able to have a good time.

Love

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Couple of tiggerific pics in gallery ;D

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Sue ~ have a good journey, hope it all goes well. Have you packed yet ;D

Hope you got your pic yesterday, Lizzy xx

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Almost packed!

Lizzy, yes my piccie arrived yesterday - it's absolutely gorgeous and I'm pleased to say Dion thought it was great too! I love the way they will only produce a maximum of 250 prints of anyone name - though I don't think that will be a problem with Iestyn's name - His print is number 1!!!!

So far everyone that's seen it - the first question they've asked is 'how much did that cost!' As far as I'm concerned it's unique and worth every penny. I love the way the Company are small and just rely on word of mouth for business.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Jayne, see you and Amanda are gonna be busy on the BB Forum, whilst I'm away - what a weird bunch of people. And yet again, although I am not anti-gay, I am fed up with every time I turn on the TV, having 'homosexuality' sensationalism in your face all the flipping time. It seems that Soaps, Home DIY/Makeover shows and now BB are being dominated by homosexuality as though that is now the 'norm' and to be hetersexual is becoming the 'minority' factor! Reckon we're gonna be having a generation of some very confused children............. There, probably now sparked off some trouble - just as well I'm leaving the Country tomorrow!

Anyway, well past my bed time - this time tomorrow night, I'll be up up and away!

Take care all,

Love,

Sue xxxx

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Hi everyone

Haven't bee around and have read back but really need to do the house work so just gonna be a quickie.

Not having a great time with Amy at the mo. She is teething really badly, had been refusing all milk!!! And for the last two nights has been having what I can only describe as nightmares!

She has had only 10oz of milk in the last 24 hours and has been like this for about 2 weeks now. Have tried everything, cups, mixing it in food, dream feeding starving her of solids! Nothing is working and she has begun to loose weight. Last week it was only an ounce but I know she has lost more because her clothes are loose on her in the last few days :( Trousers are loose round the waiste and vests that were tight are now loose. Very worried and concerned about her at the moment. And as it's a bank holiday can't really do a lot till Tuesday.

The last 3 nights we've put her to bed okay and then after an hour has started to scream and when we go into her she's asleep but kicking and throwing herself around her cot, doesn't want to be picked up put down etc. Takes around an hour to resettle her. Last night after 20 mins I woke her by sitting her on my knee up right and and just gently shaking her shoulders calling her name. She woke up and stopped crying, the problem then is that she wouldn't go back to sleep - was still very unsettled and didn't go back to bed until 3am!! :(

Just don't know what to do on either front - not sure if not drinking (she won't even have water) during the day is causing the crying at night?

We are shattered and now grumpy with each other, feel as though no-one will take us seriuosly.

Hope everyoen is okay and having good bank holiday weekends
LOve sarah x x x

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Dear Sarah...poor you and poor Amy. I hope someone takes you seriously on tuesday, its so worrying when they are off colour...hugs to you both xxx

Dear Jac...Good to see you are hosting more "jac n Chase" parties ! ;D great to see you all having a good time, love to Jaqson xxx

Very quiet on here lately :( Millie herself is off colour too. One minute smiling and happy the next crying & screaming like she's in pain. Been giving her calpol but she is also sleeping a lot, 13hrs at night and 3, 45min naps during the day...don't know what it is. I know we have all had colds but the only thing I have noticed abouit her is that she keeps rubbing her right ear, but not sure if thats cos she is tired or just wanting comfort?

Its exhausting at the moment, although she is sleeping well, when she is awake she is really hard work :( hate seeing her unhappy.... :( Thought I was really down today, and I was being a bit of a black cloud, just felt like I was not happy & couldnt be bothered to do anything.....then I worked out I am due on so thats ok then......;) thats what happens when you dont keep track anymore....you think your depressed when actually its just the old witch ;D lol

Anyone watch "28 Days" last night......bit odd but something kept me watching......Ian was a bit scared of the zombies....lmao !! would not go outside in the garden for a ciggie unless I stayed in the lounge too..... ;D ha ha ha

Anyway...love to you all
Amanda xxxx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Thanx Jac xxx I am gonna see how she is on tuesday, then see the gp if she is the same...its just not like her, she is so chilled normally.

Holy cow.....Jaqson 9mths already....blimey, thats the length of a pregnancy...how quick ! amazing...looking forward to seeing the new picture ;D

Thanks Jac
xxxx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
OMG!!!! Bought a Louis Vuitton bag in the charity shop the other week for £3.00 and just sold it on Ebay for £94.00 :eek: How happy am I ;D

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
6,838 Posts
Jac
What a fab boy you have there, that smiles just melts me ;D ;D

Love Jo
x x x

·
Registered
509 Posts
Hi Everyone

Amanda - Hope Millie gets better soon. She looks gorgeous in her picture!!

Jac - We also followed American Idol and i thought Fantasia was amazing too although i personally didn't like the tone of her voice. I thought Diana had improved 10 fold during the competition!!! Jaqson looks like a real litttle monkey. I bet he keeps you on your toes!! Hope the hangover has improved!!

Jayne - how lucky were you finding that bag!!! Thanks again for your message.

Sarah - I hope you have a better night tonight with Amy. Try to have a good weekend if you can.

Joseph is a little more settled now. We have increased his feed which has helped but he is still awake alot. The health visitor says that he is very alert and needs lots of stimulation!!! We have bought him a play gym which he likes - boy does the monkey take some stick from his left hand!!!! I still marvel at him everyday and i am sure that he is responding more and more everyday. I can't wait until he smiles at me! He is starting to get those lovely chubby wrinkly bits around his elbows and knees now and I love them!!!! I just wish mum was here to share in it with me. I spend some part of everyday getting upset about this even though I have the most gorgeous son. Hopefully it will get easier at some point. Thank god for a supportive husband - he puts up with sooo much from me.

Anyway i'm off to watch the end of BB as I videoed it ( I couldn't miss Hells Kitchen). I really want to smack Kitten - she is sooooo annoying!!!

Enjoy the Bank Holiday

Sara ^daisy^

I ventured into town today whilst Phil looked after Joseph. I wanted to get some new clothes as i have lost 1 and a half stone since having Joseph. The frustrating thing now is that I am in between sizes so nothing fitted properly!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The good thing is though that my bust size has increased slightly so i had to buy 2 new bras today - hurrah!!!

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Jac - That's such a cute picture of Jaqson. He is gorgeous ;D Sounds like you've had a lovely couple of days too ;D

Amanda - Hope Millie's a bit more settled soon. Maybe her ear is giving her a bit of gip :-\ It's horrible when they're ill. Big ^Cuddle^ to you both.
I had one of those days today too where I felt really useless and in a bad mood, and then realised I'm 2 days late, so no doubt AF will rear her ugly head tomorrow ::) (I've also eaten a shed load of chocolate today, so that's a definite tell tale sign ;D ).

Sara - Pleased to hear Joseph is a bit more settled now for you.
I've taped Hells Kitchen tonight, so may go and watch that in a mo, as dh is on wake up with the kiddies duty tomorrow morning (I did this morning - flamin' early one it was too with Ben waking at 5.30 for some milk and then Jack getting up at 6.45 :eek: ).

Got a new mattress being delivered tomorrow afternoon. Can't wait! The one we have at the moment came with the new bed just over a year ago, and it's awful. My back kills me after about 5 hours of sleep on it. So, I let Jack have a good old bounce about on it this evening, and he thought he was in Heaven! Never let him bounce on the bed normally, but seeing as it's going tomorrow he got to have a go ^jumpin^

Dh did some planting today in the garden and in the pots on our decking, and it look so nice out there now. Shame I have to go back to work soon and can't spend the rest of the summer out there :(

One of the tadpoles has 4 legs now and is looking pretty much like a small, black frog with a tail. They seem to like the fish food well enough too. I think once a couple of them change into frogs and Jack's seen the event, we'll take them up to the pond in a nearby park and release them there. Don't fancy putting them in the stream now. Think they'll be happier in a pond ;)

Love

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
LOVE all the bubs new profile pictures. Keep them coming girls.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
Jayne

Wow Louis Vuitton story is fantastic!

I take it youll be donating 50% back to the charity shop then!!! ^chuckle^ ^chuckle^ ^chuckle^ ;)

Brill xxx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Jayne....Fantastic !! What a bargain.....what are you going to spend the money on ??!

Jac...wow thats fast work....only saying last night you were gonna update the photo and hey presto!! Jaqsons new picture is here.......and its lovely ;D !! So cute :)

Sara .....fantastic news on the bust ;D !! xxx

Amanda xxxx

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Hi everyone

Just thought I'd post a quickie to say that so far today Amy seems back to normal - she's had 10oz of milk and we'll be trying her with a dream feed shortly. Last night she slept as normal so I hope she's on the mend from whatever it was.

Amanda - sorry to hear that Millie is not herself, sending big hugs to you x x Love the new piccie.

Jayne - what a bargain!!! How's the new mattress?

Jac - your little man is absolutley yummy ;D Love the new piccie

Well I have a little news that I didn't have time to write yesterday - I am returning to flying ;D Jamie and I have disscussed it and decided that if I have to work then I really should be doing that I love and am passionate about. The travel agents is okay but I miss the buzz of a flight and being up there. So contacted my boss and have arranged a rosta to work with me untill Jamie has learn't to drive. I am already part-time and only fly 10 days a month but the majority of these will now be late ones - lunchtime exit Uk and return late evening early next morning. Once Jamie has learn't to drive I will go back on a normal rosta as then getting Amy to nursery in the morning for the 10 days will be easier. The nursery have agreed to the 10 afternoons a month so all is set! Just got to go in this week for a meeting and hoping to return on the 1stJuly!!!
It will be easier as instead of being out every night for 4 hours it will only be 10 lates in the first half of the month. Still lots of Mummy and Amy time and more DH and me time! I love being at home every day with her but for the sake of not even half the month I am going to try it. So being a travel agent 5 nights a week lasted a month ::) I'm not normally this fickle!!!

Right off to bed I think absolutley shattered today and have a busy day planned with friends and visiting tommorrow - off to see DH sister in the morning as her son is 6. You all know the story and how I feel but going for the little boys sake.

Hope you've all enjoyed your bank hols
Love sarah x x x
P.s just uploaded some pics

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Wow Sarah!!!! Really glad that you have made your decision to go back flying, good on you!!. I still don't think that I can see myself going back?!, I didn't really enjoy it towards the end and I also feel that I have moved on now, been there done that sort of thing. But I suppose 6 years is quite a long time in a job, time for something new now. Not sure what though????!!! I am going to try and muddle through until Katelyn starts school and then get myself a 'proper' job then. I'll probably end up going back to office work?!

Hope that Amy is on the mend now - bless her!! Still must meet up sometime!!! Any news on your friends Body Shop party?? ;)

Jayne - Blimey!!!! That's brilliant, right then, that's me scooting around the Charity Shops tomorrow!!! ;D

Amanda- Sorry to hear that Millis isn't herself at the moment, hope she's a little better tomorrow! :-*

Jac - I too can't get over that Jaqson is 9 months already!!! :eek: Time is going far too fast!!! I've been watching lots of children's tv (as you do!! ;D) and on Cbeebies there is a character called Jaqson - have you seen it?!

Not alot to report from me, had a lovely weekend, just the 3 of us. It's lovely seeing Neale with Katelyn, he is so good with her. He said something quite sad yesterday, he said that he wishes that she was his because she's so lovely - bless him! I tried to say all the right things, I just hope that he doesn't think things like that too often. But she definately loves her daddy, always so pleased to see him.

I think I'm going to change Katelyn's pic too!!! ;D Will send a new one to Tony and see if he can do it for me!

Love Jules xxxxxxxx

·
Registered
655 Posts
Hi everyone

Just a quickie cos I could do with some tips.

I am trying to get into a routine with Toby. For want of any other ideas I am trying Gina Ford and some aspects of it are working well, but others not. The main probs I have are that Toby does not seem ready for lunchtime nap at 12 and often won;t go down until 1pm then wants to sleep later than 2.30.

Also, he won;t go down at 7pm for anyone, tonight I started to try & put him down at 7.30pm after he had been awake since 5.30 (he was a little later with the PM nap) and finally he went down at just before 9pm!! Was feeding / being put to bed / crying in rotation, for all that time.

This means I can;t really do a dream feed because I would have to stay up for hours, so just have to go to bed early & wait for him to wake, this was starting to be just the once at night, but is often still twice (e.g. 12.30, 4.30), which is hard.

I would really be grateful if all teh BF mums could tell me their routines were around 3 - 4 months (if you can remember!) and perhaps I can see if one fits us better?

Don;t know why but none of the books I have or anything is at all helpful they just all say "when your baby gets into a routine"!!

Thanks everyone, will try to catch up properly tomorrow.

Love Vicky & Toby xxx

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Evening everyone

Just a quick message from me tonight as I have to get to bed - it's taken me hours to read through the rainbow thread!

Took Christopher to the beach at the weekend!! It was so much fun and miraculously for this part of the country nice and sunny too!

Vicky - not sure that my "routine" (ha ha!) will help you as I'm not b/f but just wanted to say that C is now almost 16 weeks and although we've got a pretty good night time routine and feeding sorted we still don't have a day time sleeping routine. I'm a total hypocrite for saying this but if possible I wouldn't worry too much about it. Toby's still a teeny baby and as Jac has said he'll do a routine when he's ready. Other than dream feeding the other parts of C's routine came about by accident and by him putting himself into the routine rather than by me manipulating things. Sounds like you're doing very well!

Love to everyone else

Sophie
xx

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Hey all :D

Vicky ~ if it's any help, Kitty has only just got into a routine (she's 5 months on Weds) Although i've got the baby whisperer book, i found that she just tended to do her own thing and in the end i decide to forget routine and just go with what she wanted. I was combine feeding and the only thing i did do was wake her at 11.30 for a formula feed ~ she was still going down quite late though, usually around 10ish and then she would wake around 4am for another feed. Then 3-4 weeks ago everything just clicked, for no reason she started going to sleep around 7.30/8 and sleeps through for 12 hours ~ so we started doing a bath, feed, bed and it's working reallly well. Toby should get there soon, hun. Oh, that wasn't really v helpful was it!!

Jac ~ Love the new pic of Jaqson. Hope you are enjoying Corrie ~ i'm giving it a miss this week especially after ER last week. I always love reading your posts, you remind me of my SIL particularly what you said about Neale and Katelyn,

Jules ~ i bet Katelyn adores her Daddy, can't wait to see the new pic,

FC ~ what a lovely post, it's a fab feeling, eh!?

Sarah ~ i think you're nuts but congrats on the job. (I'm the worst flyer ever!!) Pics are lovely ~ she's one pretty girl :D

Sara ~ they love the play gyms, don't they ;D I like to think my mum's keeping a watchful eye over us and i'm sure yours is too ;)

Amanda ~ hugs to Millie

Jayne ~ hope you got your new mattress today, ours is awful too. i wake up with bachache everyday!

I got Kitty her first DVD on Saturday ~ THE CLANGERS ;D Do you know the girl whose pic was at the start of Bagpuss? Apparently her mum knitted the Clangers ~ how cool is that! She's doing really well (Kitty that is, not the clanger lady) Tried potato the other day :-\ so we tried carrot :D

Getting my hair done tomorrow.......no more grey ;D

Take care, Lizzy xxx

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.