Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Am i early menopause please help:-(

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Think I'm not posting in right area but i need some ones help. I had twins 18 months ago via icsi, i am endo stage 3/4 and diagnose 05, since having my twins Ive been have having serious night sweats and hot flushes i wake up wet through 3/4 times a night and I'm constantly hot through out the day which is very unusual for me as I'm normally always cold, Ive gone off sex and don't want hubby to touch me i feel awful as i love him so much, I'm moody all the time and cry alot feel so down :'( :'( :'( i went to see my GP a few months ago and he did routine bloods but said it cant be menopause as too young so wouldn't test me not even for hormonal in balance the bloods were normal, since then Ive seen my endo consultant and he said same and wouldn't test me, I'm at the end of my tether not knowing wot to do but i know i cant go on feeling like this. My mum started menopause at 42 and my Nana 41 so not sure if this is what I'm experiencing. Hope some one can help as i don't know what to do.

Thanks
              Louise

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Oh Louise,
You poor thing , I also cannot believe your doctors would not do the basic hormone tests for you ???  Whats the story there ?  IF I were you I would go back and ask for them again and if they still refuse tell them you are changing doctors you have no other option .
It might not be the menopause but a simple hormone imbalance but until you have your bloods done there is no way of knowing .
Sorry XXX

·
Premium Member
7,539 Posts
Louise - Sorry to hear you are having a tough time. If the Dr won't test you could you consider getting the tests done privately? I think you would need to get your FSH and Estrodial tested (I think tests are normally around £30 each) - a high FSH (day 3) > 30 or 40 and estrodial levels of 30 or below can indicate the menopause.

Karenanna xxx

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I would go back and insist that they do something. Actually I have had something very similar - moody (but maybe that's normal for me  ;D ), night sweats and hot flushes - strangely I never thought of the menopause. Maybe I should get tested too!

·
Registered
766 Posts
Your mum and nanna went through menopause quite young and it could be likely that you might be heading the same way. Does your GP know that you have a family history of going through the menopause young as this might change their mind about testing you.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I wonder if its a post twin thing or a PND thing? I went through a patch of night sweats and hot flushes, still not quite gone. I assumed it was just hormones up the creek after twins but now am wondering...... AF is also a bit more all over the place. Also had PND, but not owned up to it until 18 months, now on the old happy pills!

I would go back to the doctors, maybe see another one and ask for hormone tests, someone recommended also thyroid and T3 and T4 as they had read research relating to hormone imbalances post-IVF and post-twins etc

Hope it all sorts out soon, and congrats on your twins, you're entering the fun, talkative and walkative stage  :)

Sal

·
Premium Member
5,184 Posts
Hi Lou,

Definitely go back and ask to be tested as it sounds hormonal and they should do something about it. Are your AF's regular? They can tell you alot and will indicate if the menopause is on the way  ^hugme^

Hope you feel better soon x

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi
        Thanks girls for all your replies, i have made another appointment with a lady doctor on 24th DEC, and I'm going t ask again about been tested. Never thought about PND think i will get more info on that.
    Sorry not sure what my periods are like as I'm on 6 months of the pill with a break half way due to endo pain, but the period i just had was strange but not sure if its because of the 3 month break, i go back to see consultant in Feb 11.
            I had my thyroid tested with my routine bloods they did but it was normal. But I'm thinking because of ivf and twins your body goes through so much maybe its just an in balance. Well i will update you ladies once Ive been doctors hopefully this lady will sort me out.
          Lots of Xmas wishes to all luv Louise xx

·
Registered
888 Posts
Loubey - good for you for making another appt!  ^bigbad^ I also think that you should not take "no" for an answer regarding the testing.  Even if it is PND they should take hormone tests (FSH and E2) to see what your levels are so they can start to rule out anything else.  As someone diagnosed with POF (Premature Ovarian Failure aka Premature Menopause) it CAN happen - and as early as your teens for some!  There are significant health ramifications of going through it early (increased chance of osteoperosis, heart disease etc) so you definitely want to know one way or another.

Hope you feel better soon and good luck with your Friday appt.
Calgary

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
It was totally normal for me.i went through a stage like all the things you decribe.terrible night sweats.moods and emotions all over the place.o thought same things and doc did bloods and all was fine.

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
I have to say I've had similar symptoms that turned out to be hormone related but it was more PMS with me. The night sweats and awful periods stopped with a v high dose of evening primrose and I was put on Citalopram for the mood swings. However I would either insist they do bloods or have them done privately just to make sure. I have to say with your symptoms I am amazed they've refused as it would be the first thing you'd think they'd think of! I was 39 at the time with no early menopause history in the family and they immediately checked all my bloods - hormone levels, thyroid function tests (thyroid problems can cause these symptoms too by the way so that should be ruled out too) renal and liver function along with a full blood count for good measure! xx

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
calgary99 said:
As someone diagnosed with POF (Premature Ovarian Failure aka Premature Menopause) it CAN happen - and as early as your teens for some!
I am 31 and I was diagnosed with POF at the age of 17. So yes, definately something to rule out. Thinking of you xx I know exactly what you are going through so if you ever want to chat..I am here.

Also, are you on the pill? I know that when I am on the pill or HRT it levels out my hormone levels and I feel better ie., hot flushes a minimal, etc. Perhaps if you are on the pill you could try a different one?

xx

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Thank you for all your replys i have been to doctors today and she is doing an fsh and Lh level to rule out menopause, but as nanna and mum went through it early she said it could be that, she also had me do a questionaire about depression and i answered 9 with a yes and 10th i said no as i dont feel suicidal,  so she has started me on anti depresants and to go back in 4 weeks as she thinks i may have PND, so feel slightly more positive as ive now been listened too and have so many nice people on here to chat too.
Hope all you wonderfull girls have a great xmas and new year  Louise xxxx    ^santa^

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.