12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL.

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Good morning
Thought i would try my new years resolution and try and keep up.
This time 3 years ago my waters had broken at 5 in the morning and i was just doing my mum's hair for her against her better judgement. It was all snowy outside so we called an ambulance to go to the hospital. But little did we know we had another 38 hours and 40 minutes to go.

Jules Welcome home glad you had a great time apart from the delay. the piccies look great.

Lisa Thinking of you.

Jac & Woppa Looks like you all had a great time. Love your piccies too.

Lizzy  I know you must be having a great day today. Hope Kitty enjoys her special day too.

Vicky  Hope you have caught up with some sleep.

Sam  Lovely to see you posting. We need more piccies though.

Mel  Whats your special day today then?

Hun  I know what you mean. You brought all the early days back for me in your post.

Amanda Hope your having a fab time.

SueMJ  love Iestyns piccies in the gallery. 

Cant remember any more posts from the other thread. So will catch up again later.

Love Kimx  x x

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
Hi All

I hope you all had a fabby Christmas and New Year.  I am only going to do a catch up from the beginning of the thread.  If I have missed you sorry.

Ange - Sorry to hear about Jay's sisters troubles ((hugs))

Jac  - hope you managed to get to the panto, I bet Jaqson was well into in.  I bet Glasgow was brilliant at new year.

Gill - sounds like you have been stocking up well. I am certainly enjoying shopping for Alex !

Amanda - Euro Disney, what a brilliant way to bring in the New Year !! I hoped you all had a great time with Mickey.

Woppa - what a bargain on center parcs !! that is sales shopping and a half.  SOrry to hear about your cystitus and hope its better now.

SueMJ - hiys hun - glad you had enjoyed Xmas with your lovely boy, Iestyn is edible

SueL -  pleased you all had a lovely if manic time

Lisa - I am so so sorry to hear about your Nan.
I think everyone has said everything about b/f,  I hope you are feeling better about it now.

Karen - I hope your earache has gone away now

Kim - hope your mum is feeling tons better
Hope Joe is OK and the lumps sorts out

Vicky - sorry to hear Toby was a poorly boy, must be something in the air at the moment

Jules - glad to hear you had a great time despite being out of routine, eating rubbish and a naff journey home.

sam - ((hugs)) love your post

Lizzy - what a difference a year makes !

As for me well I have been a bit AWOL from here because we have been quite busy over the Christmas period.  I will try and do a quick blast of what we have done.... well on Christmas Eve my inlaws arrived around 3pm before they had a fight over which Uncle got the first hug.  They were both so so sweet with her - methinks she is going to be one spoilt girl later on !!  We then took the brothers in law to my Mums to stay.  Xmas day we all went over to my parents for dinner, pressies etc etc which was fab, Boxing day we had my sister and her family to my Mums and again it was great to see my nephew open his pressies.  Just getting the hang of paper.  Since then it has been a case of meeting friends by driving silly distances or them seeing us by driving silly distances !!  New Year was quiet just came to my Mum and Dads which was great, a couple of beers, played some board games and chatted.  Been Sales shopping and bought tonnes for her and nothing for me !!

Apart from that Xmas has been a cold time and we have all been down with it.  So poor wee Alex has been snuffley and coldy which is not nice but she has done very well.  I did take her to the Drs as she was throwing up due to coughing fits but she is OK.  I really could have done without her demonstrating the art of sickness though on the Drs couch !!!  I am getting a bit of a complex though because everyone keeps saying how small she is or rather petite the Dr called it.

Overall, I am loveing being a Mummy, it is great.  DH and I had a chat last night about it all and I cannot believe we are already planning when we should start cycling again to try for a sibling - OK no panic it is quite a while away.  Is this normal ?

Anyway going to do my other catchups.... take care all

Clare

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Woppa i didnt get in the shower till 6 last night. I took the deccys down and had a good sort out of where to put Joe's xmas pressies. I have just done Joe & i some lunch after getting washed & dressed half an hour ago.
You slob it is definately a slobby day.

Love Kimx  x x

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WELCOME HOME AMANDA

Have seen you online hope you had a brilliant time in Paris.

love Kimx  x x

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Lol Kim ;D  Hello hun, hope your all well :)

I've posted somewhere else....go see ;D 

Loads of love x x x

·
Registered
655 Posts
Hi Peeps

Happy New Year one & all!

Yes we have caught up a bit now, we slobbed yesterday (didn;t get dressed all day) and today went out shopping & had lunch out, just the three of us, a refreshing change after what seems like weeks of rellies (much as I love them all  ;) )...

Hope 2005 has got off to a lovely start for everyone.

I read 2005 is going to be a year of idealism & romanticism whatever that means...I guess we are all going to feel very loved up and mushy!!! ;D

And reach for our dreams, whatever they may be!!!

Most of us on here feel we have already reached them I know, but hopefully for all other FF members this will be the year!

Lots of love everyone, catch up later,

Vicky x

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Amanda - Welcome home.  Have replied elsewhere to you. 

Kim - Isn't it lovely remembering back to such a precious time in your life.  Hope you all have a lovely time celebrating Joe's 3rd birthday  :) 

Woppa - I had a slobby day yesterday.  Took all the decs down today and gave the house a good clean.  Planning a final slob out day tomorrow now and then it's back to the daily rush arounds from Tuesday with a nice early morning nursery run  ::)

Clare - Glad you all had a good Christmas, despite the colds. 
Very normal to be thinking about trying for a sibling for Alex.  It's something that has been discussed on this board lots, and I think the feeling is particularly strong in the early months after you have a baby and then (well, for me anyway) it subsides for about 6 months until the first birthday approaches, when it returns with a vengence.

Jac - Glad you all had a good time seeing in the New Year.  Wouldn't it be fab to be able to see in each New Year in a different country  :)  I love that pre-holiday excitement, it's just the best feeling.  Bet you're all going to have a fantastic time  :)  And Vegas in June will be a magnificent celebration I'm sure. 
Good luck with the detox. 
What films did Chase see? 

I am so glad that the decorations are down, and the house has had a good sort out.  Have left the outside lights on until the official day for taking decorations down, but chances are they'll just get switched off and taken down next weekend.  Going to take all my cards for recycling on Tuesday.  And then going to take Jack and Ben to the barbers on Tuesday after nursery and get Ben's first hair cut done.  So hope he behaves! 

My body clock's a bit **** backwards at the moment.  Dh is such an early bird, so whilst he's been home over the Christmas break he's been getting up with the boys and I've rarely surfaced before about midday and have been going to bed about 3-4 am.  So going to be a big shock to the system when I have to get up early for work on Wednesday.  Tuesday will break me in slightly gentler  ;D 

All the Xmas goodies are almost gone now, so back on my diet and exercise plan from Wednesday.  Will have to weigh myself on Wed am too, which I'm not looking forward to  :(

Sort of looking forward to getting back to work on Wednesday really and having structure to my day again. Also, my brain's feeling a bit addled too with only home stuff, tv and computer games to concentrate on ;D  It's times like this when I've been home for a bit when I realise that being in work is such a right decision for me.  I'd go demented without it. 

Love

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Jac,

I know what you mean about be emotional,lately i am crying at everything thats a baby, furry,or sick.

lisaxx

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Hey all......hows everyone doing :)

We had a lovely day yesterday......had to prise teenage stepson out of bed so Kitty could open her pressies (he went straight back to bed after!) She loved her big shaggy dog and has definately got the hang of opening wrapping paper ;D

Family and friends started arriving at 2pm and it was just a really relaxing day......loads of tea and cake. Kitty was just fab even when we all started singing Happy Birthday she wasn't phased at all.....and she loved her first cake although she did try and grab the candle :p It was just a really special day although it went slightly pearshaped last night when she went to bed and started projectile vomiting :( I guess all the differnent food and excitement was a bit too much......she's absolutely fine now.

I'm a very lucky mummy,

Hope you're all enjoying slobby days......we're all having one too ;)

Take care all, Lizzy and 1 year old Kitty!!! xxx

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hi

Just a quick question, how do i get Bens piccie back on the side. Tony did it for me last time..it dissapeared though. I have tried going onto my profile, and clicking on the link for uploading photo myself, but there isnt a button to click on 'upload'.

Help me please

Karen

·
Registered
489 Posts
Yippee..it worked.

Forgot to say before..went to go shopping this morning and the car wouldnt start..again. Called rac out, and he seems to think that there is a problem with the fuel. Some gadget thing (my words not his) that tells the fuel pump how much to pump isnt working properly and instantly floods the car....funny thing is he says this is what probably caused the first problem. So it looks like the engine replacement hadnt really been necessary ;D. Gotta call the garage again tomorrow to get them to take another look. Hope its back for Wed as i have to drive to Eltham for Benjamins rubella jab!!

Karen & Benjamin

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Hi Mummies

So nice to be back - and seeing how you all are. Jac - aww hugs for you. Haven't read back to see how Jaqson has been, as I've missed too many pages for our slow computer - but hope he has been, and is a well bunny.

Amanda, Sue, Dee, Mel, Woppa, Mel, Jayne (the night owl!!) and all my other buddies on this thread - hope you all had really happy New Year celebrations etc.

Lots of love to all

Fee xxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Hi everyone

Finally got into my spare room  for a good catch up  :) Just want fil to feel at home so don't like to keep coming in here  :-\

Any way had a great Xmas day  :), boxing day not so good  :( MIL visited for the 3rd time in a year  :eek: and then stayed ten mins!refused a drink (offered everything) she watched Amy take the wrapping off the present then her partner (who INSISTS on being called Grandad  :mad: ) said there is a beer with my name on it at my parents, so they got up and went  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  HOW MAD

Never mind. The step mil came over later with her daughter and Jamie's Nan and we had a nice afternoon  :) Only the 6th time she's been in the year but at least she came and stayed  :)

Then boxing day evening Amy did her party trick  :) Had another convulsion. So we went to a+e because it lasted longer than 2 mins and that is what we were told to do, only to be told next time don't bother bringing her in  :eek: only if she fits more that twice in 24hrs!!!  Nice caring NHS. I know there is nothing they actually do for her but as a mother it is reasuring to have her cleared by the Doctor!

Then New Year we went to a 50's party - greta fun will put some pics in gallery of Amy and I dressed up  :)

So sorry for no personals  ::) hopefully soon fil will be sorted and I can get back to being on here every day  ;Dioooo ttss and that's what Amy says about it!!!

Off to catch up

Love to everyone and HAPPY NEW YEAR

Sarah x x x x

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Hi all

Lisamarie - so sorry to hear of the loss of your nan ((((((((hugs))))))).

Julesuk - welcome home! Glad you had a good time, photo's look brilliant!

Allie - how you doing?

Karen - lovely photo's in the gallery!

FC - guess your special day was seeing Mel, Tony and Jessica? Lovely photo in the gallery too!

Sarah - not surprised you are mad at MIL and step-FIL. How about you get Amy to call him step grandad! Well it's got grandad in it! ;D Sorry Amy has had another fit and annoying to be given contradicting advice, I'd stick with the original advice unless told otherwise by your gp!

Vicky - how's Toby now?

Woppa - glad you had a good time with Jac, Chase and Jaqson - how could you Dougie and Eva fail not too! Loved the curry pics!

Hun - know what you mean about the thought of going back to work!

SamC - lovely post from you! :)

Lizzy - bet you had an amazing day yesterday! :) Please can we see photo's asap! Has Kitty been OK today?

Karen - hope the car's OK? :)

Fee - have posted to you on other thread, missed you matey.

Kim - wow can't believe Joe is going to be 3 tomorrow (nearly typed 34 then that would be scary!) On rainbow thread asked if he had his own email addy?

Clare - lol at Alex demoing on the dr's couch! Don't get a complex. Chloe is petite, and I was worried. People look at her now and don't believe she is 5 months! (actually neither can I). Millie is also petite. Remember reading recently that percentile charts only show that 50 babes on average are under the 50 line and 50 are above!! ;D Normal to think about your next cycle. Think once you've been pg you want it so much again, it's a feeling that has and will continue to raise itself on here forever. It's normal. Other couples think about no.2 or 3 or 4 so why shouldn't we? I THINK Clark and I are thinking that we'll have a year off ttc this year! ;D

Jac - glad you liked the photo's (for those who had probs getting into the photojam ones did them on shutterfly - Jayne did you try?) anyway here's the link http://share.shutterfly.com/action/share/welcome?i=EeAOHLNs0ZsW7po&x=1&sm=1&sl=0 hope it works! Your new year celebrations with the Wyper clan sound brilliant! Did you check out next stuff? Glad you like the venture photo's, how many did you want to buy? Did you do the deal on one free? I feel for you on the credit card situation.

Jayne - me too I'm glad the dec's are down!

Had friends round for lunch on Saturday (NY Day) played silly games which was good and had home made chilli, ginger and lime cheesecake and tiramisu.... scccccrummy and then cheese and bics!!

Sunday we went to Swindon to visit family manic day (30 family!) Chloe was pretty good though but overawed, kept having to give her some space! She was thorough spoilt by her great aunts and uncles (the youngest great aunt is only 3 years older than Clark!!). Clark's dad (who hasn't bothered with Chloe hardly at all - not even a christmas card for her first christmas) wasn't there thank god as he and I tolerate each other. He caused major problems for Clark a few years ago and Clark didn't see him for 3 years! :-\ He has no right to be called grandad and wont be. Clarks mum's partner has that right as he's fantastic.

Today has been fab. Went for Chloe's first swimming lesson with Little Dippers and she loved it (Clark got in with her!), then lunch at M&S and then a walk on the beach from Hove to Brighton with Lou, Adam and Harry along with a plate of chips (each) and a glass of wine (each!!) . A lovely way to round of the Christmas period! Thanks Lou and Adam and of course Harry!

Anyway just off to donate on the Tsunami disaster

Happy new year to one and all!

Love Sue
xxxxxx

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Sue - The piccies on Shutterfly are gorgeous!  Can't believe how quickly Chloe is growing/developing!  I love her beautiful big eyes...... she just keeps blossoming!

Glad you had a lovely day with Lou, Adam and Harry today.

Sorry to hear things have deteriorated again between yourselves and Clarks Dad - his loss!

Love,

Sue xxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Sue - Your pics are lovely.  I have saved the link for shutterfly, but just haven't had a chance to have a good look at it yet or do anything.  Will do eventually though  :)
Glad you enjoyed Chloe's first swimming lesson. 
Sounds like a lovely afternoon had by all  :)

Lizzy - Lovely to hear all about Kitty's first birthday celebrations.  Please can we see some pics  :)

Mel - Glad you had a lovely time with Mel, Tony & Jessica.  Pic in the gallery is lovely  :)

Sarah - Sorry to hear that Amy had another fit, and that you didn't get the care you'd expected from the hopsital  ^hugme^  but glad that she's okay. 
Can understand you being cross with your inlaws  :mad:  Their loss though. 
Pleased that you had a good Christmas day. 

Jac - That's a shame about the photographs.  Wish I had some spare money - I'd get them for you  :( 

Fee - Hello.  Lovely to hear from you.  Happy new year  :)

Not much news this end.  Had a slobby day as planned today, and then back to routine tomorrow. 

Jack's covered head to toe in a rash, but I think it's an allergy as it looks like the one I get when I react to something - I'm such an allergic person and it seems Jack and Ben are inheriting this tendency, although 'touch wood' neither have asthma as yet.  I only threw out the old bottle of piriton a few days back too as it was almost out of date and hadn't been used for ages, and I was taking a lot of out of date medicines to the pharmacy for disposal, so thought I may as well take that too.  Will get another bottle tomorrow.  Haven't a clue what he's reacted to though  :-\ 

Love

Jayne x 

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Sue

Joe does have his own email addy but i cant remember it. Sorry.

Be back later for a catch up.

Love Kimx  xx

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Sue ~ lovely lovely pics of Chloe......she's looking fab and like she's had the best Christmas :)

Will get some pics done tomorrow hopefully!!!

Jayne ~ hope Jacks better soon,

Lizzy xxx

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
HI Everyone,

Just wondered if I could join your thread?

I have just bought my first baby, Jake home from hospital on New Years Day. He was born on the 27th by Caesarian Section - he was posterior and after being induced he got stuck at 6cm and was getting distressed. I feel like I am going through an emotional roller coaster. He is so beautiful and I feel so emotional about him - he is so vulnerable lying there in his big cot - I 'm so protective of him. Its like one moment I feel fine and the next I am in tears.

My DP is at home for the next two weeks and is being a huge help, and Jake is a trooper. I'm breastfeeding and he seems to sleep really well. THe past two nights he's slept for six hours and I've had to set my alarm and wake him for a feed. He feeds and then sleeps straight away and, apart from worrying he is alright in his cot and not dead(!!!!! - am a bit terrified about cot death), I am getting rest as well. We have taken him out twice, once for a walk with our dogs and yesterday we took him to the shopping centre. Each time he screamed most of the time - we found it pretty frazzling ;D. A friend of mine has had her baby two days ago so todays trip we are going to visit her.

Anyway it seems that every one knows one another really well on this thread so I'm sure it'll take me a while to get to know people.

Love,

Suzy

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.