Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi all,
Sorry Ive not been around for awhile but by the time i read the posts one or both babies start crying then i forget what i was going to reply.

Elaine - sorry about your Gran  ^Cuddle^

Amanda - what a lovely dream, i still do that when I'm awake, i then realize that its only wind and not a baby in my tummy.

We are all doing fine, Adam now weights a healthy 14lbs and Freya 12lb 8oz the HV has told me not to up there milk as there gaining weight to fast. I think if they are hungry i will b*oody well feed them, what do you think.

Sleep time is so much better now last feed is at 11pm bed at 11:45 and sleep until 7:30am so now feel we are in the land of the living. I cannot believe that the are nearly 3 months old eek!!! where does the time go.

Sorry have to go Adam is screaming his head off

Sam xxx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Mel (FC) - Really hope Tarnnia's okay today and you've not needed to go to the hospital.  

Elaine - Have replied elsewhere, but sending hugs here too  ^hugme^

Ange - Hope Jessica's feeling better today too.  What a shame, whilst you're in Oz too  :(

Karen - Will be lovely to meet you and the girls in Cranage  :)

Camilla - That always baffled me when breast feeding, as to what to do if baby had all my milk and was then sick!  Bit like you though, I usually had some reserve due to expressing or some in the freezer, but I suppose it would've had to be formula if not.  Fingers crossed it was a one of sick event today.  It's amazing how much mess it can make though isn't it?  Although saying that, if you throw a small amount of liquid anywhere it always seems more than it is when it's not in a cup anymore.  Suppose it's the same with baby's tummy!  

Hearing lots of stories recently about sickie babies, I feel soooo fortunate that neither Jack nor Ben have ever had sicky tummy upsets.  Jack had rotavirus (confirmed on stool sample), and that was bad enough, but at least the mess was more or less contained within a nappy.  Oh, and hewas sick once at night when in his cot and I woke up in the morning to find him smothered in cold sick! YUK!  But it was a one off incident and I dread the having to constantly clear up sick from a baby/child with a proper stomach upset.  Hope I've not jinxed that now  :eek:  

Have just weighed Ben (forgot yesterday again  ::) ), and at 15 months he's 25lb exactly, so that's just above the 50th percentile  :)  Pleased with that  :)  Jack's still up on the 75th, but it's because he's so tall for his age.  

Love

Jayne x

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
elaine im sorry about your nan...just call if you need a chat .

mel(fc) sorry i didnt make it yesterday...i live about 20 mins from sarah and i couldnt even get the car out till lunch time..dh just wasnt happy about me driving..just incase we got caught up in another snowfall....im glad the day went well .

sorry for not being around..im working full time as you know for a few wks..and the time i get in and give jack 8hrs of making up time of kisses and playtime its late. and all i want to do is eat and sleep.

its realy funny now as jack repeats what we are saying...so have to watch my p&q's now. :p

well i cant believe how much snow the south are getting..my folks live by the coast and my poor mum couldnt even open her front door as it was soo deep.....feel sorry for the old on days like this but wish that snow cloud would come over our house and give us at least 10 inches of snow...ohhh boy i'd be wrapped up and me and jack would have loads of fun in the garden.

right off for a dinner with the baby group girls......it will be good to catch up.

xx

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Hi all

Havent got much time but just wanted to say:

Elaine - really sorry to hear about your gran. 

Fingers-crossed - just wanted to check on Tarnia and send lots of hugs to her. Hope she didnt have to go to the hospital today.

Sam - Your babies sound like they are doing brill. Mine are approaching 4 months and 2 weeks and weigh around the 141b mark so at just over 2 months they are doing great. Remember that mine were 5 weeks early though. I would feed if hungry but you could try that feed for hungrier babies if you are not already. Isnt it great to get a good night's sleep.  :)

After 4.2 months Scarlet is finally smiling nearly as much as her sister. It blows me away cos we have had to wait so long for it. She's still quite quiet but I think now that the UTI has gone she will start to catch up developmentally. She has got a blinding smile though.

Love to everyone.

Flakey x

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Hi

FC - thinking of you and the lovely Tarnnia, hope all is OK.

Ange - is Jessica OK?

Karen - can understand why you can't "release" names of your little girls!  Hopefully one day!  LOL at the eldest doing the mickey take!

Elaine - lots of love to you, have posted elsewhere to you.

Camilla - bet Isabelle did like those disco lights....... disco diva!

Fee - hair photo on rainbow thread!  Have posted to you over there!

Elaine -  LOL at Eva falling asleep at your singing!  Chloe just laughs at mine  ;D

Dee - your vision on the bum bouncing is actually spot on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^  big boys and toilets..... worrying!  How's your tum over the gallstones?

Chloe has been at her swimming lesson today, she soooooo loves it!  Especially playing "boo" in the water!  Been to see a friend with her 5 week old, he's huge for 5 weeks (11lb) but looked such a "baby"!  Lovely having some snuggles!

I'm off shopping in Brighton tomorrow with Clark and Chloe, must get some new work clothes (well any excuse!)

Love to all
Sue
xxxxxxx

·
Registered
673 Posts
Elaine,

So very sorry to hear about your Grandma,

Luv
Gail x

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Mel, I have only just seen your post about Tarnnia, I hope that she is ok? Poor little love, you did say that she was quite clingy yesterday, bless her. Don't go blaming yourself though, she was having a lovely time, and you didn't know she wasn't well, she was giving me plenty of smiles!! Thank you again for inviting us, we did have a great time, and Katelyn thoroughly enjoyed herself (especially trying to escape out the door every 5 mins!! ;D)
Thinking of you all xxx

Sarah - was really great to see you and Amy, I can't believe how much she has changed! They really are proper little girls now aren't they?!  :) Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Amanda - wow, do you have news????!!!!!!! Are you trying to tell us something???!!! I hate suspense!! ;D

Elaine - so sorry to hear of your loss xxxx

Love Jules xxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mel, thats good news, really hope she is on the mend now, she must be worn out bless her :(  Love to her and you from us  x x x

Jules...Great to hear about Katelyn running out the door, can we see some more katelyn photo's please ?? :)  By the way...no news ???  I had a dream but I think that's all it will be :(  xxx

Sue...Enjoy your shopping, love brighton and I LOVE your new profile photo of Chloe, its gorgeous :) xxx

Elaine...safe journey down and thinking of your loved ones at this time xxx

Sorry, missed loads of peps put but big hello anyway
Back tomorrow
Love Amanda xx

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Awwwwww, glad that Tarnnia's ok, big kisses from us xxxxxx

Amanda - Nope, Katelyn wasn't 'running' out the door ;D, still only crawling, but very fast!!!!! ;D Bless you wanting more Katelyn pics, I shall ask my mate's Jac or Elaine to post them for me!!! ;D

She has just managed to pull herself up for the first time last week, bless my little 16 month old!!!!! ;D ;D

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ahhh Jules....speed crawling ;D !  Yes, we wanna see more Shirley Temple hair ;) xxx

Jac....That's not tea.....that's breakfast ! ;D ;D ;D  Take it easy ;)  xxx

·
Registered
509 Posts
Hi all

Just to let you all know that I am keeping up to speed by reading the posts but just don't feel up to posting at the moment - i feel very fed up and down for obvious reasons(for those who know me).

I will post soon

Take care everyone

Love Sara
xx

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Mel ~ good to hear Tarnnia didn't have to go to hospital........really hope she's full of beans tomorrow,

Hope everyone else is ok,

Lizzy xxxx

·
Registered
458 Posts
Morning all,

Glad to say Jessica is on the mend. She is still full of phlegm but has managed to keep everything down that she ate yesterday, including handfulls of sand ;D from Wollongong beach. Jay got burnt (he always does when we are in OZ - never learns) and I got to see photos of myself in a bikini ^scared^ ^scared^ ^scared^. I am on a lentil diet when I get home and heaps of excercise. I looked lie a beach whale - oh how motherhood has distorted my body :(

Elaine - sorry to hear about your gran. Eva and curry, hmmm...Jessica used to love the Organix fruity curry and the korma from the baby jar range but she is well past that now. Take care.

Sam - you feed them if you want - if they are hungry, how can you not? Sometimes the HV talk such [email protected] Either that or you tell her to come round and settle them if they are crying cause they want some nosh. I had to wean Jessica a week before I should have because she was draining me with all my milk she wanted.

Jayne - glad to see your little fellas are thriving. Jay is up for a visit to Tenby so maybe we can arrange something nearer the time.

Becca - Jessica gave me a shock the other day by repeating 'bugger'. It's something I say alot so I'll have to watch it too.

Flakey - I bet it lights you up seeing Scarlet smile so much.

Jules - I can imagine Katelyn being a handful at the moment. I bet she is fast eh? I fgeel reasurred hearing she is still bombing it about on all fours. Jessica wont go to my mum at the moment because she keeps trying to get her to walk ;D

Mel - glad Tarnnia is on the mend. It is so hard seeing them sick - you just want it to be you instead. And I bet it doesn't get any easier the older they get either. Enjoy all your cuddles and persevere hun. Jessica is much better now.

Amanda - sorry to hear the Marmite and dreams aren't a precurser for some good news....yet anyhow.

Jac - enjoy your tea. We'll have to have a think about how we can meet up within work time when I am back from Oz as my hours go up from 14th March which means I can drive a bit further afield.

Sara - hugs to you hun. Please take care of yourself. Maybe the third North West mini meet can cheer you up - it will be while I'm still away I think.

Right - it's hot hot hot here again today but I will be wrapping up. We're off to the flicks this afternoon. Last time we were here, we took my neices to see Lord of The Rings and I froze as the aircon is really strong. Not sure what we're going to see yet. Maybe Meet The Fockers or Closer. Going with my oldest nephew (25 - makes me feel old) and his girlfriend. My 2 youngest nephews (20 and 21) have just flown to Cook Island for a holiday they won so we had to say bye bye to them for a couple of years :'(

Jay is making lots of positive noises about moving - asking about mortgages, looking at properties for sale on the net and he even sent an email to an Aussie recruitment company yesterday ^afro^ ^jumpin^. I've just got to make sure I don't pressurise him or nag him but also not let him slip into a rut when we get back to England.

Right - I'm ofski for a vodka and coke before the flicks, I know its only 1.20pm here but I am on holiday you know ;D ::).

Love Angexxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
458 Posts
Oooooh - just been to see Hide and Seek - Hush little Baby.....it would have to be the 'creepy' song wouldn't it ::) after us just having the words posted. I was so pleased to see the verse too as I always make it up as I go along and get it wrong after looking glass.

Love Angexxxxxxx

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hi all
Apologies, no time to catch up properly but just wanted to say Elaine, so sorry to hear of your nan ((((((hugs)))))).

Mel so please Tarnnia is on the mend, hope she continues to get better during today.

Been snowing here since I got up this morning, but not settling.
Will catch up later
love Karen XX

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Mel - Really glad to hear that Tarnnia didn't end up at the hospital.  Sending her lots of get well wishes and hope she's back on top form very soon. 

Sara - Sorry to hear you're feeling low again.  Big  ^hugme^

Ange - Glad to hear Jessica's feeling better too  :) 
Excellent that Jay's making all the right noises about a possible move to Oz  :)  Fingers crossed for you  :)  Oh, and when you do go, can I come and visit  ??? :) :) :) 

Jules - Yep, some pics of Katelyn would be lurvely  :)  Hope you're all well. 

Elaine - Ouch to the B12 jabs!
Glad Eva enjoyed her curry  ;D  Isn't it strange how most of us don't think to feed that sort of food to our babies, yet there's no real reason why not - except the nappies of course  ;D  But I imagine the nappies wouldn't be so bad if curry/spicy food was a part of their regular diet anyway :)  Not tried Ben with curry really yet - he did have the jar one though and liked it - but I think he's going to be a good eater anyway, unlike his big brother who is about as fussy as they come!!!!  ::) 

Day in today for us.  Have got LOADS to do around the house though.  Want to make up some dishes for the freezer too.  I'm so good these days and have hardly touched a ready meal for a couple of years now (except a pizza or takeaway!), but I still like to cook and freeze portions for us, so I have the convenience of a ready meal without all the useless additives. Plus it's cheaper to cook from scratch anyway, so makes sense really.  So, going to spend some time in the kitchen today.  Have a couple of loads of washing to do also, and should really do a bit of dusting as I didn't do anything over the weekend, but think we'll live in a bit of dust this week and I'll sort it on Saturday!  The floors could do with a hoover too mind, but hey, I only have one pair of hands!  Plus, I need to sort out some paperwork and then have a nice bath, wash hair and paint nails ready for work tomorrow - Wednesday's don't half come around fast!  I used to think Sat and Sun went fast when I worked full time, but these 4 days fly by, seemingly as fast now as the 2 days did.

Right, best get on. 

Love

Jayne x

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
After the requests  :) (thanks again by the way!! :-*)

Elaine has very kindly put some recent pics of Katelyn in the gallery - thanks matey xxxxxxx

Mel - hope Tarnnia is doing ok today?! Big kiss from us both XX

Sara - So sorry that you are feeling so low honey, if you need a chat (I've been through it too, still going through it I think??!!! :-\) Just IM me xxxxxxxx

Ange - It's been great hearing from you all the way from Oz, sounds like you are having a FAB time! Bring some sunshine back for us!!!!

Jayne - hope your busy day is going ok?! You are really good doing all that cooking in one go!! x

I've got a cold again  :(, 3rd one in a month!!!!! God knows why I keep getting them??!?!!

Having a girlie night in at mine tonight with 2 other FF girlies (Allison and Caroline, aka Minky!) went shopping earlier and got some nibbles etc..., really looking forward to seeing them both, we haven't got together for ages, I'm sure we have loads to catch up on!!! Neale's out, yippee!! So we have the place to ourselves  ;D

Right, best go and give 'Shirley'  ;D her tea!!!!

Love Jules xxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Jules....the photo's are gorgous as is Katelyn, she is sooo bonny, thanks for putting them up :)  Have a great night with the girlies ;)

Amanda xx

1 - 20 of 123 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.