·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home......for Jules Rabbit  ;) and Sue's new cousin for Iestyn  :)  ^reiki^

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Mee peeeeeeeeeeeeed off!  Just lost a big post from when I last posted and don't have time to go back over it again....... so just quickly

Jules - it was Juel that like bunny's!  have fun!

Sue - hope all is going well with your SIL!  good luck.

Kas - can't believe it's a year you found out you were pg!  in a couple of week's you'll be looking at your first scan and thinking........ gosh Callums changed!

Minkey - we had the same problems with Chloe as you describe with Agatha.  The only tips I can give are: try changing the teat (tommee tippee nuby teats are meant to mimic the boob and Chloe was much better with these).  Also Chloe got frustrated getting into a feeding position being held and then being given a bottle, so try putting Agatha in a bouncer, Chloe would always take more this way.  I b/f totally until a month ago and now Chloe is fine on 3 bottles a day (started her on 1 bottle of expressed at 2 weeks and it felt such a waste when she'd refuse it).  Perserve with a little each day and you'll be fine!  Good luck.

Jayne - have posted on other thread!

Fiona - brilliant to hear how you guys are getting on.  Can we have piccies pretty please!

Vicky - great news that dh enjoyed his first day!

Karen - lol at your girls one screaming and the other putting hands over ears!

FC - bet  Tarnnia looks all snuggly in her new bed!

Amanda - how was the weekend and is Millie OK?

Dee - how was Freddie today after 2nd jabs?

Donna - we did the same with Chloe's cot a month ago, not that she moves just that she sits and stands a little too well!

Tracey - weaning between 17 weeks and 6 months, totally up to you when you go, when Max is ready!  As for own rooms again parents are different some go early (Chloe went straight away) some go later, when you are ready!!!!!!

First day went fine, lots of challenges but I like what I've seen so far.  Totally feel the "new girl" though!!!    Kind of finding my own feet but that's good!  Chloe was absolutely fine at nursery today which is good!  Clark is taking and picking her up tomorrow!  It was lovely seeing her face break into a grin and her little legs kick like crazy when she saw me peep round the door!!!!!  It's incredibly strange being back in the work world again!!! 

Thanks for all your good wishes!

Love Sue
xxxxxx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Morning :)

Sue....Great to read you are liking your new job :) Lovely also to read Chloe is enjoying nursery too, sounds perfect ! :)  xxx

SueMJ............Any news ??!  anything..... ?? :)  xxx

Millie has downed two cups of milk this morning and a slice of toast so hopefully no more watery poo's..... ??! Just going to feed the ducks today and do housework. Had a cracking night's sleep last night so feeling alive this morning for a change ;D

Chat later x x x

·
Registered
547 Posts
Hi everyone
Just a quick message got to get ready to go to dr's for my 6week check (7wks!!!) and I'd better get do it while Thomas is sleeping.
Minkey we had teh same problem with Thomas,I wanted to start introducing bottles as I'm gradually weaning him off breast and on to formula,He hated it and I ended up giving in and feeding him with me in tears saying to dh I will never be able to go any where without him,but Dee suggested the tommee tipee nuby teats the ones Sue as suggested below and thye were a god send he now as formula during the day in bottles which he is fine with and I have been feeding him on a night it was my last night last night,
We also tried Thomas with a bottle of expressed when he was 2 weeks old and he took to the advent teats ok but when we tried later he wouldnt take it,so I would try the teats. hope this helps.

Sue glad your 1st day at work went ok and chloe was ok in nursery.
To all teh sickly babies hope tehy are feeling better.
Zoe did you manage to get mason to go to bed at 9pm.I'm going to try and get Thomas to go to sleep on his own instead of in my arms and to get more routine and hopfully he will sleep better as teh last few nights hes been up alot or hes wide awake when we put him back in his moses basket,he loves to sleep on your chest/shoulder!!Thomas still hates bathtime too.
Going out into town for a few hours so dh as got Thomas,the most I have drank is 4 halfs since I've had Thomas and then I'v had enough so I will see how I go,dh is off thurs so if I'm feeling rough I know hes there to see to Thomas!!!
Get weighed tomorrow and I'm dreading it as I've been really bad I just cant get my head round it.
Well this isnt getting dressed,sorry for not mentioning everyone
Love Gemmaxxx
Oh mil and fil are coming back on 22nd March cant wait to see them with Thomas as they havent seen him yet.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Hi all!

Gemmab - i did manage to get him up there Monday night, only cause DH was snoring on sofa and kept disturbing him!  ;D but he settled ok.  Then last night i went to mates and when i came home he was still up at 9:30 with Dh and his mates - that was a picture!

So tonight i am on my own, so i will try again.

Me - the dreaded AF arrived today - god thats been a while!  ;D and its awful! off down town later to post loads of ebay stuff i have sold so must pop in boots for some tabs to ease the pain!  :(

Me & mason had 6 wk checks yesterday - all went ok, he was a star and didn't cry at all. There was a little boy in waiting room who had just had his jab and he was screaming - all that to come!

Hope you are all well & good ~ take care!

Zoe x

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Hi All

Any news yet Sue?

Hope things are going well with the new job Sue and Chloe is fine in the nursery.

News on my front....my 6 week check is tomorrow (at 9 weeks!) Isabelle had her first jabs yesterday, my MIL came with me and also saw quite a few of my friends at the doctors as it was clinic day. Isabelle cried before she went in, I think she was picking up on my feelings and cried very loudly when jabbed, particularly for the menningitis one. However, she soon quietened down when fed her afterwards  :)....amazing what a well placed boob can do  ;D. She was also weighed yesterday...10lb 13oz...6oz on since last week.

We're starting on the route to a routine - bath round about 8pm, followed by a feed, into the basket and she doesn't come downstairs at all till the next day. The first couple of days this worked well...down by 9.15pm and awake about 1am for another feed. But since then she's taking longer to go down, still waking at 1am-ish for a feed. I asked the HV about this she just said persevere and she'll get the idea. Isabelle's very good at going to sleep by herself during the day but it doesn't seem to work that way at night, seems to have a tendency to feed herself to sleep...any tips??

We had fun with the Calpol yesterday...she's never encountered anything that hasn't been milk flavoured....let alone flavoured of strawberry!

The other thing I've done is registered Isabelle for an Aquatots course in April - have any of you done any of their courses or considering it? We're going to France in June, and we'd like to take her in the pool and thought it would be good for her to get used to water - she loves her baths  :)

love & hugs

Camilla

PS Get well soon all you little sicky babies

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hurray - I've got my daughter back!! Hannah is finally more or less back to her normal self again after 5 days lying on the sofa not doing a lot. She seems to have a reasonable appetite again although I am now waiting for the explosive nappies to come to a stop! Then I can feel a bit happier about going out and about again.

Hope all the other poorly babies are recovering as well - I hate it when they're ill.

SueL glad the first day at work went well.

SueMJ - any news yet?

Mel FC - well done on getting Tarnnia in a bed. I am trying to keep Hannah in the cot as long as possible as it can be difficult enough to get her to go to sleep as it is let alone if she could get out and wander round the room!!

Will try to get a picture of Hannah's birthday in the gallery

Hi to everyone else

Celia

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Hi everyone,

After posting a month or so ago saying I was going to be a regular visitor again I still haven't got round to it! Had a good read around today to catch up on everyone's news and to see how little ones are getting on.

I still can't believe that Henry is just about 7 months old now, where does time go once you become a mum? I started back at work last week and Henry now goes to nursery. I hate to admit i'm actually enjoying myself!!!

SueL - back to work too, Have you started a new job or back at your old one? Chloe looks great and did I read she's standing up????

Henry started to crawl a few weeks ago which I find very funny, looks a bit like a comando!

I really will try and make the effort to get up to speed again and keep in touch with everyone.

Take care, lol S xxxxx

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
SueL - don't know why the strange face landed on my post - its not meant to be there - sorry!!  ;D

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Hi Girls,

Wow I'm so emotional.... last night/the early hours of this morning, I experienced the most wonderful experience of my life, a very close second to the birth of Iestyn.

My most beautiful nephew, Samual Nicholas was born at 1.08am, three weeks early, weighing a lovely healthy 7Ib.  He's very tall already, taking after his daddy - he's 57cm!

Well, what can I say, I feel so totally honoured for my SIL and BIL to allow me to share such a personal time.  I have such an adrenalin rush.... just as well since I didn't get home until about 3.40am and then was up again at 7am!

Nick and Stace called me at about 5.10 last night to say that they were being transferred upto the Delivery Suite in about 25 mins, so to make my way over.

By the time I got there, Stace was really nervous, having quite painful contractions, sucking on the gas and air, begging for an Epidural.... this is the one thing she was always adamant that she wanted.  However, as my neice arrived within 45 mins of Stace's waters being broken, they wouldn't give her an Epidural as they reckoned that once they broke her waters, she would have Sam within the hour.

Needless to say, they broke her waters at just gone 6pm and by 8.15pm, she was absolutely sobbing (doing a great job though, even if she didn't believe it for herself) and begged the midwife to examine her.  She did only to find she was still only 5cm dilated.... no real progress, so she agreed to her having her Epidural.

The couple of hours where she was in such pain, honestly, if I could have taken some of it away from her I would have gladly, it was all I could do to hold back the tears.... instead, I rubbed her back, held her hand, told her how great she's doing, and when she said she can't do it, reassured her she can.... Kept waiting for her to tell me to pee off, but that didn't come, she genuinely did seem to appreciate my input.

The Anaethatist came quite quickly and by about 9ish, she had her Epidural in place - WOW, what a difference (think at this moment, she fell in love with the Aneathetist).

I was amazed at how fab this was, she could still feel the sensation/movement of baby/contractions, but without the pain - How good is that.  I always remember my Midwife saying in our Antenatal classes, you don't get any medals for trying to prove how brave you are and suffering such severe pain, so do not be opposed to thinking of having Epidurals and other pain relief etc..... Don't be a Martyr - I can fully appreciate what she meant now, especially when I could hear the woman a few rooms down, screaming the place down, only having Gas and Air, whilst delivering TWINS!!!

Anyway, without going through all the other nitty gritty bits, I placed myself at the bottom end - so I could get a full view! ^chuckle^.

Blimey, once his head was out, he literally flew out, blink and you'd miss it!

Now, this is where my emotions kicked in big time, I just balled, the tears flowed so freely........ could remember so clearly the moment Iestyn was born (albeit, he was pulled out of my tummy - but the emotions are still the same).

In fact we all blubbed - the most perfect, beautiful baby boy!

I am in love!

Thank you all so very much for your lovely comments, asking how Stace was doing.... well she did bl*ody terrific!

The only trouble is, I was kind of hoping seeing the pain she went through, that it would put me off wanting more. Nah.... Didn't work!

Sorry, I've not read back over everyone elses news just yet - Hope you are all well, I'm in for an early night I think.

Love,

Sue xxxx

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Omg !! He's beautiful.......your post was beautiful, what a wonderful night :) :) :)

MANY CONGRATULATIONS TO YOUR SIL AND FAMILY :) :)

And welcome baby Samuel.....your gorgeous and you have one of the best Aunties already....ohhh and a pretty special cousin in Iestyn too :)  Enjoy your life and be healthy little man !

Sue....you such a star for doing that for you SIL, a day/night you will remember for ever, no wonder you are so emotional ;)

Love to you all
Amanda xxx

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Hi Mums, Me again.

I've just had one of the most scariest, upsetting moments with Iestyn.  He just woke up, absolutely distressed, screaming, sobbing, throwing himself about his cot, trying to stand, then throwing himself down again, onto his front, onto his back, banging himself against his cot, getting mad with anything in his way, his pillow, his duvet, his cuddly toys, his dummy's etc....

When Dion tried to pick him up, he kicked, he pushed away, screaming like crazy all the time.  I then tried to hold him, cuddle him, he did the same to me... so put him back down in his cot and again, the same.

This must have gone of for a good 20 minutes or more, nothing we could do would settle him, when eventually Dion managed to hold him and hug him in quite tightly and reassure him, he eventually calmed.

This was all so out of the blue, I've never experienced anything like it, have no idea what was wrong.

Has anyone got any ideas as to what could have caused this.  He sometimes wakes up in the night, just crying, but this was sheer hysterics, where neither of us could help him.

Really hope it was a one off as it was so distressing, so any ideas as to the cause of something like this would be appreciated.  I was actually getting to the stage of calling NHS Direct coz he just was not right.

He has got a cold, and is probably teething (been saying that for months with no more teeth having come through yet) - but he's had medicine before he went to bed, so that should have sorted the pain relief.

Cor, talk about going from an extactic post to a worrying one.

Love,

Sue xxxx

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
Hi All

Will post propery later as things have been a bit hectic around here

SueMJ - fab stor what a special SIl you have and a beautiful nephew

SueL - glad to hear the first day went well

Hi to all the other mummies and babies

A quick update from me.... well we had a visitor the last couple of days and had a really nice time out and about yesterday.  Today was seeing my sister and nephew as they were down visitng my Mum and Dad.  My nephew is cute but has the devil in him at times.
Nearly finished knitting a sweater for Alex - just one seam and the buttons to sew on !
I am getting slightly frustrated that my AF has still not recommenced after Alex's arrival - not wishing it on myself but just have that feeling that knowing my luck it will decide to arrive when I am on holiday.

Take care all

Clare

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Ooh, just a bit more to my night last night - I was on camera duty and then I was on 'dress baby duty' as Nick helped Stace have a bath, so had some lovely quality time with him.... Also dressed him in Iestyn's vest and babygro!!!  He does look a bit like Iestyn as a newborn too - just with a little less hair!

Love,

Sue xxx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Blimey Sue...is this the same person who posted a while ago ??! Poor Iestyn, that sounds awful, a real bad dream perhaps ??  I don't know, all I know is that if a baby crys like that for 2hr + then you need to get help...but perhaps Iestyn's crying was bad enough for you to have called them anyway....god, I don't know ??? Just glad he is ok now and calm again....you must have been real scared, do you think it was a bad nightmare ?

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
That's all I can think of too Amanda, is perhaps a bad dream as it was so out of the blue, but what can be so bad for someone so young to dream about?

I was scared, am still shaking a bit now.  Dion was mortified, he's even more protective over him than I am and that's saying something.

Love,

Sue xxx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Elaine....sorry hun, I meant to post to you earlier about Eva's throwing her backwards, M used to do that too, had to make sure she had cushions behind her incase she hit her head, it was mainly just before she started moving about properly (crawling) so could be a sign of frustration ?? It dodn't last long with M once she was able to move about on her own. Horrible to see though I always worry about their backs....you know sometimes you pick them up and they fling backwards and you can feel their backs click ! yuck ;D

Hope she settles soon
Love Amanda xx

·
Registered
108 Posts
Sue - I was just about to post that there is a little bit on night terrors in the birth-5 book, but I see Amanda has posted a link which is probably a bit handier than digging out this.

Elaine - Xander has done this a lot, like Amanda says, its stopped since he's been mobile but watch your chin in the meantime in case she throws herself forward too.

Hugs for you both, its scary when they do things so out of character.

Had an exam today at college so feeling a bit brain dead so will catch up with everyone tomorrow if I can - thanks for all the welcome backs though, they've been appreciated.

Fi xx

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Hi

Amanda - really pleased that Millie is on the mend!

Gemma - glad Thomas is doing well with the bottles!  Sod the weight!

Zoe - sorry that af has now arrived back  :-*

Camilla - sounds like Isabelle is doing fab!  Tips for evening sleep, how about leaving her with a muzzy and then removing muzzy later?  Routine sounds good!  Chloe does Littledippers (www.littledippers.co.uk) and has swum since 8 weeks old (she now swims underwater pushing herself to the surface and has the idea of holding on, turning, reaching etc and she'll float on her back) totally recommend it.  I love taking Chloe.

Shelley - absolutely brilliant to hear from my bun in oven partner!!!  Henry crawling is amazing, Chloe isn't doing that but as you say yes she's standing - not unaided - and using me to pull herself up.  I'm in a new p/t job 1 mile from home but doing UK HR Management still!  Very different from driving 32 miles to and from work each way and doing 12 hour stints!  Love your profile pic!

Elaine - ahhhhhhh that's not going to be Eva's personality, just a blip (probably teeth?)  :-*

Sue - wow your post is just sensational.  Loved your text too, thank you.  really pleased Sam and mum are happy and healthy and you make a fab birth partner!!!  If Clark had been crap might just had to have booked you!!!!!!  Lovely pics thanks for sharing (you can tell he's long!)

Is Iestyn ok now (Chloe occasionally does the hysterics and you have to hold her tight to calm her down) ?  Ask your h/v if you are worried.

Clare - glad all is well with you and Alex, how you feeling?

Lisamarie - are you ok? ? ?

Fiona - hope you pass your exam!

Day 2 fine for both Chloe and I today!  Got a lovely new wireless lap top and all is well!

Love Sue
xxxxxxx

1 - 20 of 125 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.