Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so I am being very naughty this morning  :)

In an attempt to stay caught up with all the gossip from here on in, I am starting us off with our next thread.  ;)  Is that a cop out or what!?!  ;D

Hope you are all happy and well this morning.

Me and my mate went out for pasta and wine last night ... had a great girlie gossip but was home and in bed by 10.20pm.  Good job really, as Freddie decided 1/4 to 2 was get up time this morning!!!
Any ideas/hints tips on how to get him to start sleeping through again would be most welcome.

Well will be back later to catch up with any news!  ;)

Love
Dee
xxx
;D ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Naughty Dee!  ;D  ;D

Sorry to hear you're having broken nights again with Freddie.  It tends to happen though that you get a good sleeping patern going and then it all changes for whatever reason, teething, sickness, whatever, but one thing I've learnt is sleep patterns never remain consistent, but change with the age and ability of the child. 

Personally from Freddie's age, I used to leave Jack and Ben if they woke in the night for 10 mins, then go check their nappy, make sure they were generally okay, warm enough, not too hot, etc. and then leave them again.  If they cried then, so be it.  For me, once they were old enough, and 4 months is definitely old enough, bed time was bed time and night time was sleep time.  The end!  After a couple of nights, 3 at the most, they always started to sleep through fine again.  It's not easy to leave them, but it does work. 

Whatever you decide to do though, I hope you manage to get some unbroken nights again soon.  It's amazing how fast you get used to them! 

Sara - I agree with the others in not worrying about Joeseph being up late for that one night.  When we took Ben to Menorca last Sept he was 10 months old and to begin with I wouldn't go anywhere of an evenign because of his routine and bed time, but dh persuaded me it woud be fine, and it was.  There's no harm in the odd break in routine every now and again.  You still have to go and have fun sometimes.  Joeseph will be fine with a late night  ;) 

Okay, can't remember anything else now cause Dee started a new thread  ;D 

Didn't manage to get online yesterday.  Work in the day, which was hectic, and then spent 3 hours last night picking snails out of the flaming fish tank!  A couple must've come in on the live plants a few weeks ago, and have been happily breeding away in there - there were hundreds of babies!  So, the plants have been uprooted - they were doing really well too  :'( - and are in a bucket now, and the fish tank is stripped bare, the gravel has been cleaned, and today I need to buy some snail killer to go in there, as there's bound to be some teeny ones hanging about.  Will have to treat the plants separately too - although am sorely tempted to bin them and get new, but thoroughly check them before adding to the tank. 

Was reading on the net last night that the snail killer, which contains copper sulphate, can be dangerous to the fish too  :(  So going to need to be very careful.  Apparently it's not always completely effective either, and the only way to erradicate the snails completely is to strip the tank down and empty it all, clean it and start again.  Which is a nightmare really because the biological filter is nice and mature now and I was just about to start adding more stock.  Fingers crossed I've caught it all just in time and will be able to erradicate them with the snail killer stuff.  I hate killing them, but it must be done.  I've saved as many as possible, and they went in a local pond this morning. 

Anyway, that was exciting for you to all read wasn't it?  ;D ;D 

Right, best go do some work! 

Love

Jayne x

·
Registered
307 Posts
Jayne -  ;D

Are you bored at work today, by any chance???

Gill x

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well Hello to every one

Feels like a lifetime ago since i was on this site, do not no where you all find the time, still mustn`t make excuses.

Mel it was great to see you yesterday, i knew i new you from somewhere but just did not click, until i saw Jessicca`s sticker and the penny clicked, will hopefully be able to catch up with you next week, cannot beleive where the time has gone and how fast, Jessicca is beautiful.  Take care

Love to every one else  xxxxxxxx

Charlotte & Larrissa xxx

G

·
Hi

thanks Dee for starting a new thread as i am too tired to try and catch up!!

hope all mummies and babies are well  :)

Ellie is still not sleeping i have tried everything. if i leave her she  stands herself up in the cot then you hear her fall backwards , bang her head then she screams again!!!!  I know her teeth are coming through but this is at least our 3rd week with no sleep.

we ahd her photos taken in boots yesterday they dressed her up as a baker with a white floppy hat on holding a wooden spoon, a rolling pin and a loaf of bread in front of her. she looked gorgeous, we drew qiute an audience!!!

we had play group at our local sure start centre today and i booked Ellies 1st birthday party. we are hiring the whole building and garden using their kitchen and toys and they charge £15 hr regardless of how many children.  Im so excited and still 3 months away!!!!! ;)

going to have a chill out hour while my little cherub has a nap

Love

Donna x

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Hiya ^wave^

Dee sorry no suggestions from me just yet on sleep ! i guess i got all this to come !

if only i can have 8 hours sleep - i promise i will be a better person , i promise to be a better daughter, wife , mother, aunty and uncle if i need to be  ^evil^

Jayne cant understand why they make snail killer for fish tanks that might harm the fish ? have i missed something here from lack of sleep ?  ^evil^

Charl - Hiya ^wave^

bluenose - will you be posting a pic of Ellie dressed as baker ?

hello ^wave^ to every one else

yesterday Jonathan and i managed to get to NCT pals house by ourselves and today we went to mom and tots group for under 6 months , this was our very very first outing without daddy helping ! - blimey busy or what about 20 mommies and their babies

Jonathan said yeah right ! he slept through the whole experience - as though to say mommy this is not my scene - i cant be bothered to open my eyes to look or to join in  ^evil^

nappies are all washed and dried now and ready to put the first one on tonight wish me luck !

Love Mini xx

·
Registered
655 Posts
Hi everyone!

Justa  quickie..

Toby can build a tower with his stacking cups!!!!  I know it's only a little milestone but I am so proud of him!!!  It makes all those afternoons of building towers up for him & him knocking them over worthwhile!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

He has also learned to do a kind of ear piercing screech when he is cross which I am not so chuffed about.

Apparently this morning he was cross every two minutes from when he woke up to when he went back down for his nap   ^evil^ ^evil^ ^evil^ ^evil^

By the way, regarding the sleep issues.

Well, Toby is a year, he has NEVER  slept through the night (by that I mean from when he goes to bed until morning time) on a regualr basis.  he does it occasionally now, perhaps 2-3 nights in a row, then back to waking at least once again.

I have not taken the tough approach like jayne, I guess maybe I should have, but I am a softie and can't bear to leave him crying.

However, all I can say is I seem to ahev got used to it, I used to find it really hard, and I do still find it hard when I get up 2-3 times if he's ill or whatever, but honestly it just seems so much part of my life now!

The other thing is as well that if he sleeps through, it is only ever to about 6am, because he just can;t seem to go any longer without some grub, whereas if he has a feed in the night, I may get a lie in til 7.30.  Woohoo!

So it does have some benefits..

I think he is always going to be an ealry riser tho, he is bright as  button first thing.

Oh dear, that was supposed to be quick!!!

Oh I forgot I put some photos in the gallery the otehr day, of Toby on his birhtday.

lots of love everyone

Vicky x

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As promised .. the naughty girl returns to try and keepup to date from that point in!  ;)

Jayne - Don't think I am ready/prepared to follow your strict rules yet.  Freddie took a 7oz bottle during this mornings early wake up ... was still up at 7am and had brekkie and a bottle - so he must have been hungry.
F had tea at 4.30 followed by a bottle then another full bottle at 7.00 before bed - maybe I should change his formula to hungry baby??
Hope you have managed to sort the snails/fish out! xxx

Oh Donna ... I am dreading those ones!  At least now Freddie has nowhere to go .. can't get up etc! Everything is crosssed that Ellie begins to like her cot and snuggle into it soon xxx

Mini - Good luck with the nappies ... you brave girl! LOL!
Seriously, good on you ... hope it works xxx

Vicky ... Way to go Toby!  Tower building eh?  Point him in the direction of structural engineerining! LOL or demolition! LMAO! xxx

Speaking of which ... what do you all think, knowing their personalities now, that your children will be when they grow up?
(In 20 years time ... I will come back and haunt you! LOL!)

Love to everyone else who hasn't managed to see/post on the sneaky new on yet!

Dee
xxx

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
So this morning Kitty comes up to me in the bath, points at my nipple and says 'Wasat?'

'It's my boob!'.......she thought this was really funny so we did this for 10 minutes ;D

Dee ~ hope Freddie gives you a better nights sleep :)

Vicky ~ well done Toby ^pompom^ Are you not exhausted hun? Maybe all this construction work will wear him out ;)

Mini ~ hi there, good luck with the nappies and well done you :)

Donna ~ the photos sound fun, hope we get to see them :)

Jayne ~ good luck with the snail/fish malarky :)

Charl ~ hi to you and Larissa

Yay it's Friday tomorrow,

Much love, Lizzy xxxx

·
Registered
307 Posts
^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ @ Kitty!

Rebecca did something similar the other day. I was in the bath and she just kept leaning over the side and grabbing my nipple. Everytime I shouted "Oi!" she did it again and laughed!

Vicky - clever Toby!

Jayne - got any more interesting snail stories  ;D ;D ;D

Gill x

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi

I haven't posted in yonks.  Pretty much since my little spud, Paul came along in October 05.  Are any of my old board buddies about......Dell, Hun etc etc??  Hope everyone is doing well.  Haven't had time to look back through the posts but i will be trying to log in more often from now on.  The baby just seems to take up so much of my time and i'm a bit stressed out at the mo as i'm due back to work next week.  I just don't feel ready to leave the baby yet even though i'm only returning part time.  My MIL who was to be my babysitter is unwell at the mo so i'm not sure what i will do yet.  I am getting in a bit of a state about it all to be honest.  Does everyone feel like this??  If i could afford to, i would not go back to work.  I just don't want to miss any of the little things i see him doing on a daily basis.  I'm actually getting panic attacks at the thought of leaving him. Pathetic i know.  Its not that i'm with him 24/7, i do leave him with my mum regularly but this just seems like i'm abandoing him!  I'm also still feeding and i had hoped to continue this but as i have trouble expressing milk now and it takes so long it looks like i will have to put him onto formula which i had hoped not to just yet.

Shazzy
xx

·
Registered
655 Posts
Hi all

Hope everyone going to Cranage has a lovely time!

Shazzy sorry about your feelings about returning to work.  I'm sure everyone who has done so on this boards has shared your anxieties.  But I'm sure he will be absolutely fine. 

I must admit I have rarely left Toby with anyone apart from Daddy even for half a day, never for a whole day, more due to no-one really offering than anything else!  It is nice to have a little break sometimes tho.  With dh away at the moment, my week without a break does seem quite long and tiring!

Well Dh is home again tonight, for all of about 48 hours, but it's great to have him back!

Lol at the boob stories!  Toby also often points at mine.  Coincidentally he was posting things down my cleavage today lol.  Jigsaw bits, a piece of chewed up brown paper, and a ball.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

He thought it was funny the way they fell out of my t-shirt at the bottom!

I have got to arrange a weekend of mammoth househunting next weekend, we are going to try & see 8 houses altogther which with Toby in tow should be funny.... :p

Right off for an early night, Toby has STILL got a runny nose and it's been keeping him awake all week, I have been up at least twice every night so far this week, and Tuesday night I think it was 5 times...I lost count!!!  All I remeber is he ended up in bed with me, which is not something I normally allow!

Lots of love

Vicky xxxx

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Mummies

It's day 2 of the promising to catch up .. and here I go! ;)

Lizzy - ^roflmao^ At least you weren't at the swimming baths! LOL! xxx

Gill - you too! ^roflmao^ ... the  "inquistive actions" would have definately brought stares! LOL! xxx

Shazzy - Know that feeling.  That's my main worry at the mo and what I am going to be posting on here tonight about.  Pot calling kettle here ... but you ain't abandoning him and why not do half and half with the formula/breast?  That way you don't have to give up totally if you aren't  ready too?
Sending hugs to you ... cause as I say - I am knowing the feelings too well at the mo.

Heather - As always it's fab to here how big and strong Brennan is growing.  ;D
Hope the constipation thing sorts itself out. xxx

Well news from here is all related to going back to work.  I am feeling totally naff by the thought of it ... makes me feel sick and three times today I have found myself in tears (not like me).
Am in "discussions" with my boss about when the return date should be ...
Option 1 ... as per what work think - the beginning of May
Option 2 ... as what I think - the end of May.
Law/Mat Policy states that if you are absent due to a pregnancy related illness up to the 4 weeks before your EDD then you can be put on to Mat Leave (words there aren't right but you get the gist)
Well they put me  on Mat Leave cause I was absent.  My argument is that it wasn't pg related ... flippin heck I have the scars to prove that - the gall bladder having to be removed post Freddie.
So I want those 4 weeks back.
Flippin heck (again) ... I could have waited until I was due to return to work before I had the op and then I would have been given at least 6 weeks on the sick according to my consultant!  ::)
So I went into work to discuss all this (2 weeks ago!!!!!!!) and I am still waiting for answers from the boss.
My childminder needs to know!  (She has people "breaking down her door"!) I need to know!  Worst case .. I only have 4 full weeks left with my boy  :'(  I need to know cause I need to prepare, especially mentally, to be able to leave him.  :'(
Sadly, I have to go back to work full time (although have requested that I use holidays to work part time initially) ... and I work 45mins to an hour from home which puts loads of time on the week.  I NEED the lottery win!!!!!!!!!
Anyway, enough of my whinges  ::)

Hope everyone else is ok ... where are you all?

Love
Dee
xxx

PS ...s

Jayne - I've posted to you and your snail family on the other thread!  ;)
Apart from snail minding what have you and the boys planned for the weekend?

Amanda - Posted elsewhere to you too ... but thought an extra hug here might help ((((HUG))) xxx

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Vicky

Hope you get a much more restful night tonight.

Get well soon, Toby

Love
Dee
xxx

PS - OMG ... Don't envy your plans for next weekend!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Dee - I'm so sorry to hear that you are feeling so awful about going back to work hun, I do feel for you, lets hope your numbers come in tomorrow night xxx

Vicky - Katelyn has the runny nose and an awful cough at the moment, I too was up with her last night, she's already been up twice this evening, so it's gonna be one of those nights tonight I just know it!! Hope that Toby is better soon xxxx

Jayne - found you again!!!! ;D ;D ;D, you can run but you can't hide!!! ;D
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Heat - lovely to hear from you, I had wondered how you and Brennan were doing xxxx

Gill - any more news on the weather in Spain?!?! Only 7 weeks to go now - yippee!! xxx

Lizzy - love the 'boob' story!! Katelyn hasn't discovered mine just yet!  ;D xxx

Well, I don't think I've posted since my trip to the doc's?! So, I thought I would update. He decided that I should try taking half of a tablet EVERY day, instead of a whole tablet every other day, and it's working!!!!!!!!!!! :) I feel great, no night-sweats, no anxiety, no sickness feeling, etc.....

So, I shall carry on like this until all the tablets are used up, and hopefully that will be that.

Thanks for all your support again xxxxxxxxxxxx

Love Jules xxxxx

·
Registered
509 Posts
Jules- Glad to see the what the Doc had recommednded seems to be working for you.

I go back on April 8th - not sure what he will suggest. I don't think the tablets are working anymore but my DH is dead against me getting any stronger ones so I am not sure  what the answer is ??? ??? ??? ???

Maybe I should try without and see how I feel? Or just carry on? Who knows?

Anyway I'm glad that you are feeling so positive.

Sara

p.s which tablets were you on again?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Hi Sara

I'm glad that you have another app with the doc, and that you aren't going to just leave it, I'm hoping that he will have some answers for you. I definately found that the tablets helped, I have been on them for 6 months now.

I'm no doctor, but please don't try to deal with this on your own, I have been told that PND doesn't just go away.

They are called Efexor (venlafaxine hydrocholoride), apparently they are quite a new type of AD. I was on 70mg to start with and now on 37.5mg (well half of that!)

If you need anything else, just ask.

Love jules xxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
509 Posts
Thanks Jules

I don't have PND. My depression is mainly caused by the death of my mum combined with the stresse of a new baby ( well not so little now!!!)

I am on Fluoxetine, 1 a day. I think they are 20mg  ??? ???

I was seeing the doc monthly and this last time was put back to 2 months but the last 2 months have been very hard with all the anniversaries etc. Hopefully now I can move on.

Thanks for your support Jules

Sara

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
julesuk said:
Jayne - found you again!!!! ;D ;D ;D, you can run but you can't hide!!! ;D
xxxxxxxxxxxx
;D ;D ;D I'm glad to be found again :)
So pleased to hear that the new dose of AD's is doing the trick for you. Hugs to you and Katelyn.

Dee - Awwwww :'( I Really feel for you, and can feel the pain in your post ^hugme^ I wish there were some way you could stay home with your wee boy forever, but if nothing else then I hope you manage to get those 4 weeks back - I agree completely that you should have them as your absence was not pg related - and get to start at the end of May as opposed to the begining. I think once you are back in work you'll be surprised how easily you fall into the routine, and it won't be as bad as you imagine, although at the same time can also understand that returning full time adds so much extra pressure and intensifies the feelings of distress you're having for leaving Freddie. Huge

Sara - You went through so much losing your mum so close to having Joeseph - 2 huge life changes at the same time, and it's so understandable that you're still struggling and grieving. As Jules says though, regardless of whether the depression is PND or not, please don't try and go it alone. If you ever want to talk, I'm happy to listen and would be happy to IM you my number, or meet you in chat, whatever. I hope the doc can help you with your meds. Maybe it needs something as simple as a change in type of AD. There are some new ones out recently that might be suitable. Big hugs to you ^hugme^

FC - Glad you had a lovely day with the lovely Reid family :) The pic in the gallery is fab :) Looks like great fun!

Vicky - Hope you have a lovely 48 hours with dh home :)

Lizzy - ;D Yep, they start to get very interested when they see you with no clothes on from this point ;D It gets worse too! ;D
Jack's now at the age where he's starting to get a little bit shy about his body, and shuts the door when he goes to the toilet and we're not allowed go go in, won't go downstairs with nothing on if he knows the curtains are open, etc.

Heat - Sounds like Breannan's coming on lovely :)
I never had too many problems with Jack or Ben on the constipation front, but on the odd occasion Ben seemed to be struggling a bit, we gave him a small dose of Lactulose which worked very quickly. My HV advised a little orange juice in some water too, but it didn't do anything for him, so we went for the Lactulose.

mini said:
Jayne cant understand why they make snail killer for fish tanks that might harm the fish ? have i missed something here from lack of sleep ? ^evil^
It's only dangerous if the dosage isn't correct or if you use it in water that's too soft. Some people though say that they've used it and it's killed the fish anyway, even though they dosed properly.

Anyway, it made no difference in the end with me because I used it all correctly and the flaming snails weren't even affected and just kept crawling around ::) So, we're off to get Zebra Loaches tomorrow - bottom feeding fish that love to dine on pond snails :) That should sort the little beggars out! ;D

Hope the washable nappies are going well :)

Sorry, I know I've not mentioned everyone, but my eyes are going here and I need to get some sleep.

I have laryngitis today - started with a cough a couple of days ago and knew I was sickening for something - so voice is very croaky right now. Don't feel too bad, more uncomfortable and tired.

Had a lovely chat today on the phone to Kim. Lovely to finally talk to you Kim :)

Talking of ^phone^ Mel, I must give you a call sometime soon too. I know we IM'd recently to say we would chat soon, so once my voice is back to normal, I'll give you a ring, if that's okay?

Love to you all.

Jayne x

1 - 20 of 106 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.