Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home Mum's

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Hi

Mel - get those feet and shoes checked out!  The other swimming lessons should be fine as they are the next level on from where she currently swims, just changing the venue!  Hope you get your car sorted!

Jules - hee hee, sounds like you had a good evening, wine - new system - new tv etc!  :) Hope the colcoscopy goes OK (((((hugs))))))

babywisper - lovely when you can get new clothes out that fit isn't it!  Have you got any updated pics of Mia?

Karen - spa sounds like bliss!!!!!  :) and so does that cycle trailer and the nursery!

Sheza - are you ok?

Been very very quiet? where is one and all?

Had a lovely day with the family today....... Jamie Olliver's roast lemon chicken!  Scrumptious!  Work tomorrow  :)

Love Sue
xxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Dear Jules

Sorry to hear you are having the laser treatment again :( Good luck to you and here's hoping you don't have to have it anymore after tomorrow....hugs to you hun

Lots of love
Amanda xx

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Hi there......very quiet here at the mo, maybe everyones out enjoying the sun. Was going to do a sunny smiley there but can't find it!! ^sunny^ Found it ;D

Sue ~ mmmm, dinner sounds good.....i actually did a roast today, Kitty loved it too! Your ring sounds gorgeous, in fact your birthday sounds like the best ever, especially the pressie from Chloe. Its moments like those that make you realise how magical it is.

Kittys dress is yellow cotton with daisies around the middle but the top half has a shear fabric over it so you can see the daisies underneath. Really pretty....i got it from Mothercare.

Jules ~ hope it all goes ok tomorrow.....make sure you put your feet up after in front of your new home cinema, sounds fab!

Karen ~ your day at the spa sounds fab....i could do with some of that ;D

Sue ~ hope you are having a groovy time at Kylie....i took DH to see her for our wedding anniversary a couple of years ago. He was very happy indeed ;)

FCMel ~ i am going to the picnic, not sure if DH is coming now as we've been invited to a ball that night and we can't do both. I know where i'll be though ;D I'd love to take pics if people are ok with it....take my camera everywhere anyway. Hope you get your car sorted, cheeky kids eh!!! We had three wee boys ringing on our doorbell earlier and running away.....grrrrrr

Shezza ~ hope we get a pic of Zak in his new outfit :)

We've had such a lovely day.....chilled out morning, yummy roast, then i took some pics of DSS being a bit of a dude with his guitar (He's really good...we're counting on him being in a boyband and keeping us in our old age ;D) Then took the doggies for a walk in the woods......lovely day :)

Better go as DH is grumbing....hi to all mummies,

Take care, have a good week....Lizzy xxxxx

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Hi Girls,

Well back from a fab weekend!

We stopped at a hotel in Solihull last night, after dropping Iestyn off with his Nanny and Grandad in Gloucester for the night.

The Hotel was in a fab location, literally a 2 minute walk from the Town and eating places.  So we found a lovely Restaurant last night (pot luck not knowing the area) and had a fab meal.  I can't remember the last time I've had so much tasty quality food... hmm and as for desert, I felt like I'd died and gone to heaven.  I was trying to decide between Creme Caramel or the Hot Chocolate Brownie - the latter won.... only to find that it was all part of the same desert, a Creme Caramel, Warm Choccy Browning and three mini toffee apples... sooo scrummy!

We then drove to the NEC which was literally five minutes away and got there about 15 mins before Kylie came on.  The atmosphere was fantastic and well, what can I say, Kylie certainly knows how to put on a show and the concert was aptley names Showgirl!  She came on at 8.30pm and performed solidly until literally just gone 10.30pm - certainly felt like we'd had our monies worth!  She sang such a wide range of her hits, right back from day dot... to Current day.

She did choke me up and I had tears rolling down my face though as she sang 'Somewhere over the Rainbow'.  Carol, John, Luke and Adam sprung to mind instantly.  It's such a special song for them all.  ^Cuddle^

After the concert, we had no probs getting out of the NEC and back to Solihull for the night.  We didn't have to check out until mid day, which was nice not to have to rush, so we had a leisurely breakfast and then strolled into Town and then made our way back to my mum and dads by about 1.30ish, for dinner and to pick up my little boy, who was an angel from his Nanny and Grandad and just turned into the Monster on our return!

Iestyn never usually batters and eyelid if I tell him off, so yesterday was no different, but Daddy told him off and that was a different matter, his face crumbled, the bottom lip went and he sobbed!  Both Dion and I had to look away coz it was one of those really comical moments.

Well since then, anytime anyone says NO to him, he's just been doing the same - so I'm not sure if it's his new way of trying something different in the hope that by doing that NO will become YES!!!  So that's what he kept doing this afternoon when we got back to my mum and dads.  He was also just over tired anyway, he only slept an hour and usually needs at least two hours.

I think Iestyn is great for my Dad though - he absolutely adores his grandad and you can see the feeling is mutual.  My dad suffers with MS and it does tend to take over his life sometimes, but I've noticed having Iestyn around him, he is so different and looks so refreshed, I think he forgets his troubles!

Apparently, it was my Dad that got up to Iestyn this morning.  My mum woke up about 7.45 to find my Dad was already out of bed.  She got up to find my Dad sat in Iestyn's room, giving him a cuddle - he'd been there for 20 minutes.  I was really touched by this, coz I thought it would be totally down to my mum to take care of him, but it wasn't it was very much a joint effort.

Anyway, enough about me and my boy!

Sue - glad you got your ring - I look forward to seeing it soon.  I will get back to you about coming down, probably easier to try and call you later in the week.

FC Mel - Definately get those Shoes checked out, doesn't sound like they are a good fit to me!  Thank you for you lovely compliments about Iestyn.

Jules - Good Luck tomorrow.  Hope this is the last of the lasers you have to have. ^Cuddle^

Lizzy, that will be great having you on hand for photography at the Teddy Bears picnic.  Looking forward to meeting you and Kitty!

Karen, how envious am I of your spa day!  I would love to do that.  Hope the girls settle in to Nursery soon.

Shezze, I like the sound of Zaks outfit.  I'm with Lizzy, definately want to see a piccie of him all togged up.

Gemma, thanks for the welcome back here!

Hope everyone else is well, sorry I can't remember what was on the previous thread.

Take care all,

Love,

Sue xxxx

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Sue sounds like you had an amazing weekend!  I fancy seeing Kylie too she is really good, so bet it was a fab show!  Glad you had a good time in the land of Brum!

Got to chuckle at Iestyn and his tears!

Love Sue
xxx

·
Registered
547 Posts
Hi
Hope everyone as had a good weekend
Suemj your weekend sounds fab,glad you enjoyed the concert
SueL Glad you had a good birthday,did Clark put Chloe's footprint on the vase? dh wouldnt know where to start he would get paint all over ;D ;D
Jules good luck for tomorrow.
Shazza the outfit sounds lovely I cant stop buying clothes for Thomas.
Hi to everyone else
Thomas as got the cold bless him his nose is getting blocked so he than finds it hard to breath I've put some baby vapour rub on his chest but how can I unblock his nose?? He is also suffering with his gums as there loads of white lumps on his gums mum says this might be why he as the cold!!?
He is ok in himself him and dh as had a lovely time this afternoon while I was doing dinner and some housework dh got him really laughing I love that sound :) he just get a bit upset when he cant breath and is tired,he is sleeping less in the day now,I've started to make 9oz bottles now as he is getting hungryer he is only going 3hrs between feeds as he was going 4hrs and sleeping through but teh last few nights he as woken up and having water doesnt help he wants milk so I'm starting to think is he ready for baby rice? hes 13wks tomorrow I have said though that I'd wait til weve coem back from tenerfre so its easier if he just had milk while we were away.so should I start him with some baby rice???
I'm starting to worry about teh flight now with Thomas,should I give him calpol before the flight,get some plugs for his ears? etc.............
I'm going to give him a feed on take off and landing so he is sucking.
Well I've rambled on long enough
Love gemmaxxxxx

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Hi all!

Sue MJ - Sounds like you all had  a great weekend.  We get the bottom lip treatment regularly when there is any telling off to be done!!

Jules,  Lots of luck with the lazer treatment.  Hope it does the trick once and for all this time.  Hope Katelyn is enjoying the giant teletubbies!

Elaine - Hope you had a lovely anniversary.

Jayne - Hope the job reevaluation results in promotion for you.  Sounds like it is time you got your reward.

Mel - Hope Jessica is feeling OK after her MMR jab.

Sorry can't rmember all the posts - foggy brain again.

Thanks for all the well wishes about Kirstie's thumb.  It is still having to be redressed every night and she has to return to A&E's review clinic again Tuesday.  It seems OK, not giving her too much trouble and no sign of infection.  Hopefully it wont take too long to heal.  Still feeling a bit p'd off about it happening in the first place to be honest but it is done now and thankfully it looks like there will be no lasting damage.

I was thinking about trying to make the teddy bears picnic but I think it might be a bit too close to my due date!

Anyhoooo enough from me for one night - bed is calling.  Need my zzzzz's!

Allie

xx

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Allie,

What's your due date, coz it would be great to see you again and how much Kirstie has grown up, coz she was only a little bubb when I last cuddled her.... be good to see Bump too!

Gemma, sorry Thomas is suffereing a bit with his cold.  What your mum probably means is that a lot of littlun's get really 'snuffly' when they are teething.  I know Iestyn did for ages with his first four or five teeth, still does now, with some of them.

As for baby rice, I gave in and started Iestyn at 14wks.  I figured that it's all very well the health professionals saying 16wks, but not every baby is going to be text book - in fact you show me one!  I felt there would be lee way either side.  I know years ago it used to be 12wks or even younger, but it meant that mums started (with the same mentality as what I've just said about text book stuff) giving a couple of weeks or more earlier than that and that was riduculous and dangerous - so I think with them saying 16wks, it's allowing for a slight variation, without being daft (cor blimey did any of that make sense).

Now, having said all that, if you can wait until after your hols, I would, that would make life a lot easier for you in Tenerife.

As for the flight, if anything I would give Medised (for the 'drowsy' effect!), but it's probably not necessary (I survived a trip to Oz and to Corfu when Iestyn was six and seven months old without it).  For his ears I would just make sure you give him a bottle or a dummy to suck during take off and landing.

All the best,

Love,

Sue xxxx

Love,

Sue xxx

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Sue - My due date is 29 July.  I will definitely be waddling by then!  But it would be great to meet up with everyone.

Right I really AM going to bed now.

Allie

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Just popping on to say - hope your appt goes well today Jules, fingers crossed this lazer tx does the trick, hugs coming your way.

Will catch up later on with everyone else ;) .

Mel
x x

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Just got Kitty's Tigger.......he BOUNCES ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Thank you all so much for your well wishes for today xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This is so strange, I am here all by myself! Neale took Katelyn off to work with him this morning so that I could go to app by myself. So, this is how it's going to feel when K goes off to pre-school next year!!!! :eek: :'( :'( :'(

Speak to you all later xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jules

Hope everthing goes well today. Thiking of you and hope its the last lot.

love Kimx  x x

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
Jules

Hope all goes well today, I have had the same, its horrible. Which hosp are you going in to today, I am in Goring Hall for the afternoon for my GA so maybe Ill see you!!!

Hope you feel better soon

Love Lou xxxx

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Lou ~ is it your op today?

Loads of luck if it is.....hope it all goes well for you hun,

Make sure you get loads of pampering :)

Much love, Lizzy xxx

·
Registered
547 Posts
just a quicky as i'm supposed to be dusting!!!!!! ;D ;D
just to say a big thanks to SueMJ you made alot of sense thanks alot,got some baby rice but i'm going to wait til after our holiday.will get some Medised in,he seems ok today still getting a blocked nose and a cough but is brill in himself in fact hes laid under his play gym telling a right tale,hes prob telling his hanging friends hes been bloody shopping again,we went back to meadowhall with dh for some last min things,dh as had today off so he feels like hes spent some quality time with Thomas over the w.end I just love watching them together.
Jules hope its gone ok today?
Lohe u hope all goes well with you today.
Hope everyone else is ok got to finish the dusting ;D
Love Gemmaxxxx

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hi everyone.

Hope you all had a good weekend.

Gemma - When are you off to Tenerife? It is lovely watching daddies and babies together, isn't it. Hope you get your dusting done!  ;D I'm supposed to be making a chilli for tea  ;D ;D ;D

Lou - Hope your op went ok and you get spoilt rotten afterwards!  :)

Julesuk - It is wierd, being in the house on your own, isn't it! Hope your appt went well too.  :)

Allie K - Hope Kirstie's thumb is better. Naughty horse!

SueL - When you mentioned "land of Brum" i immediately thought of a little yellow car! How blinkered is my life!!!  ;D Your ring sounds lovely. Are you going to post a piccie? We didn't buy pressies for our 10th anniversary, we went to Barcelona instead. It was fantastic!

SueMJ - Kylie sounds fantastic, nearly as fantastic as your dessert  ;D Rebecca doesn't bat an eyelid either when we tell her off. DH thinks it might be because she doesn't understand reprimands, but she's not averse to wagging her finger and going "Ah! Ah! Ah!" at other people, if she's not happy.

LizzyB - What sunshine???  :( It's p1ssed it down solid for 2 days here!

MelFC - Hope you got Tarnnia's shoes sorted out.

Rebecca's 100% better now after the tummy bug. Not really much else to report here apart from . . . errrrr . . . me getting a  ^BFP^ the other week. I would have posted earlier but feelings seemed to be a bit raw on here recently. I hope no one is upset with my news.

Gill x

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Aw Gill,

Many congratulations to you and DH!!!  :-* ^hugme^

Well done you!!!

Loads of love & best wishes for the next 8? months.

Take care sweetie

Shezza ^monkey^

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Gill

Such a matter of fact post there, i had to read it twice. God you should be jumping for joy. I am so pleased for you and i dont think you will have upset anyone.
CONGRATULATIONS i am really chuffed to bits for you.

Love Kimx  xx

1 - 20 of 103 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.