·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home Mum's

·
Registered
307 Posts
That was lucky! I was just about to post on the old thread! Can't post on this one now either cos Rebecca's just woke up.

Gill x

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Flakey

When Joe was born he used to drink the whole of the 4oz bottle they do in hospital and then sometimes another 1 -2 oz out of another bottle.
He was no trouble feeding and i had to increase his bottles once at home.
His first weigh in where babies usually lose weight Joe put on a full pound. Then another pound the following week.

I just wish he would feed as good now. I have come to the conclusion that he is just lazy. Because when he pushes his plate away i have started to feed him and he continues to eat. I said to him tonight your getting lazy with your food arent you and he said yes.

love Kimx  x x

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry Gill as i posted the link there wasnt anyone on here then once it had posted i noticed 2 members were watching.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi All,

Jac - hows the packing going??? hope you enjoy your hoilday. Yes Adam & freya are hard work at time but i have a brill DH who realy helps out.

Gill - Hope you get to post soon  ;D

Flakey - Wow cannot believe Scarlet and Phoebe are 3 months old. Sorry to hear about phoebe, but so glad you are not panicing. My Two are taking 5 1/2 oz 6 times a day, i think if my babies are not being sick then they hungary so i will feed them balls to the recommended amount ;D

Suzy do not feel bad about not B/f Jake he will not suffer if you decide not to go back to it.

Suel - the pic of you and chole are lovely.

Hi to everyone else, sorry if ive i have missed you out but forgive as my head is up my  ^shake^ at the mo with washing feeding and changing dirty bums you all know the drill.

I thought i was a proud mummy, but Melvin takes the proud daddy to new hights. Can i push the pram or the trolley round Asda if Adam and Freya are in it NO!!! Does he stop and talk to everyone who goes rrrr Twins YES!!!  ;D

Love Sam xxx

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Hi Everyone

Hope everyone had a good New Year.

Sorry I have been awol for a while, but its been very hectic over the festive season with family stuff.  Had a wonderful crimbo, of course the usual ate and drank too much.  New Year was quiet but thats just the way I like it.  My brother had an accident and dislocated his knee, so I had to do a bit of nursing looking after him as he wasnt able to do much with crutches. 

Anthony has started crawling Horrahh!!!!! In saying that there is no stopping him these days!!! lol off like lightening.  He had his first haircut at the weekend, I cried like a baby, off came his curls.  It does like more tidy though. 

Anyway enough babbling from me, just wanted to check in and will do personals if I ever get a minute!!

Lisa
xxx

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
Hi ALl

Will do personals later - just want to go arrrgggghhh !!  My lovely pushchair doesn't fit in my car !!!  I am going to have to swap with DH and he is not a happy bunny.

Its not the end of the world because I wanted a second lightweight buggy for travelling just need to get it sooner rather than later - any suggestions ?

Clare

·
Registered
655 Posts
Hi everyone

Clare just watch out sometimes the buggies are just as bad, my 3-in-1 barely fitted in my Polo boot (they're such a weird shape boot) and my buggy barely fits in either.  I have to really cram it in.  So I'd try to work out the dimensions it needs to be before you buy!

This is just a quick hello from me.

DH is jobhunting & I am on the typical NY health kick, can't do much about the sleep deprivation, or diet as such while stil BF (whata great excuse!!!! I'm really making the most of it  ;D), but determined to go to some yoga / toning calsses whle DH is kicking around and can mind Toby for the odd hour.

Also I only ate 4 biscuits today.  For me, that's good. :p  And I didn;t buy any choccy at the paper shop.  And we walked there.

Anyone got any more interesting resolutions?!
;D

lots of love everyone

Vicky x

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Aww Clare......been there!!! I got a Maclaren lightweight buggy which was fab but got it when Kitty was 3 months, not sure if i would have used it before although they do say suitable fron birth.

I ended up selling my travel system on ebay and got a pliko p3 too which is a bit sturdier and although it doesn't fold up very small it still went in my boot and should fit in most.

Try Kiddicare.com......loads of buggy bargains :)

Lisa ~ well done Anthony :)

Lizzy xxx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Clare. I've been there too :(  Silly suggestion but have you tried to put one of the back seats down ?? Would it help?

Amanda :)

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I girls I keep intending on posting and then find it so hard to catch up so as we at the start of a new thread, seems like a good place to start.

Clare - I can empathise on the buggy situation, just so glad I have a 4x4 as our double buggy takes up the whole of the boot, god only knows what we will do when it comes to going on holiday seeing as we have two dogs as well! I always forget to take it out on the occasions when I do the Tesco run after they've gone to bed too!!.  I have a second hand Mamas and Papas single pushchair, was part of a travel system, and that packs down nice and flat and isn't too wide either.

Not much going on here.  Our eldest is having a bit of the terrible two's or its a bit of regression as her behaviour has slipped since her sister moved in.  We are trying different things to make her understand that she is being naughty and gritting our teeth and ignoring some of the fake attention seeking cries.  I just call her "Matilda" at the moment as I know one of these times I ignore her cries it will be real tears and not just for show.  Youngest had her MMR on Wednesday and she is now crawling, but backwards!!  She is getting alot sturdier on her feet when i hold her up and she will stand against the setee unaided for a couple of minutes.  She's now desparately trying to pull herself up to standing.  Can't to experience these "firsts".

Hope this post find s you all well

Love
Karen and the girls x

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Hi

Clare - I know that one!! We used to put the bottom half of pram in boot and the carrycot attachment was strapped into the back passenger seat next to Amy!!!

Right going for a hunt around e-bay. We only let Amy watch one tv programme (wonder how long that'll last) Well it's Bear in The Big Blue House and she LOVES him so want some stuff for her

Love sarah x x x

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I found something - lets hope I win!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Karen,

Lovely to see you over here at last, been wondering when you were gonna join us.

How old is your youngest?  It's lovely to see you experiencing so many firsts.... it's magical isn't it.  Iestyn is now 14 months and still not walking.  He's been pulling himself up on everything for months now, but the last few days, he's been standing, holding on, then pushing himself away so he's 'freestanding' for a few moments.  Of course he's been getting loads of praise and laughter for doing this, so now, does it for even shorter periods, but lots of it, sometimes, barely moving away from the object he was holding onto..... It's so lovely to watch though.

Sorry to hear your two year old has regressed slightly.  I guess it was almost inevitable.  She had your one on one attention for the brief spell before her sister joined you.  I'm sure she will settle down again very soon.  I love reading your adventures, you are doing so well and are an inspiration to so many.  Definately think you were born to be a mummy!

Sarah - what you bidding for?

Amanda - How's Millie Mouse doing now?

Clare - What buggie/pram do you already have.  I have a M&P Pliko P3, which fits in my car lovely and a MacLaren Quest, which also fits it at the same time, but my boot is a decent size.  My SIL has the MacLaren Techno, which is the one suitable from birth and although it fits in my boot, it is considerable longer than my other two. 

Jac - How's the packing going, not long to go now. 

Hope everyone else has had a good weekend.  I've had a good afternoon, went to a friends little girls first birthday.

Dion had fun this morning, he took Iestyn swimming on his own, so I could get on and try and make an impact on his books/accounts..... he was gone for a good couple of hours and I did good, apart from about a quick five minute check on here, I focused on the job in hand and did do pretty well.

Reckon Dion's gonna have to do a few more Sundays yet though, taking Iestyn out so I can concentrate and get everything done and to his accountant.

He said he's really enjoyed the time he's had with Iestyn today, but now does appreciate how much time he can take up, so understands now how some jobs just don't get done!  Hurahhhh!  Especially at the moment, coz he is soooooo clingy. 

Love,

Sue xxxxxx

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
HI Everyone,

Well, I think I'm feeling better - no fever yesterday so that has to be a good sign. I hate taking antibiotics though and feel flat and low sometimes and still a little tearful, which I hate - doesn't feel right after wanting a baby so much that I feel that way. He is settling well I think and at night, sleeps for four hours at a time. I am going to visit a friend today who had a Caesarian a week after me so I"m looking forward to that.

I"m still expressing breast milk so thats hard work - eight times a day as well as feeding Jake.  I'm getting a lot of encouragement from a couple of friends to keep at it, but still feel undecided about it.

LOve,

Suzy

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Hiya

Just getting in a morning check before the girls wake, it's great as I can either have a lie in or get some jobs done.  Sue - youngest is nearly 14 months too and eldest is 26 months.  Rich had the girls on Saturday morning for me so I could go and get my hair done and then had the eldest yesterday morning whilst I took the youngest swimming (a punishment for her poor behaviour - what a horrible mummy).  So he know realises what a tie they are and why I'm frazzled and frustrated like he is that jobs haven't got done when he gets home.

Right off to grab a shower before they wake.  Speak later
Karen x

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi everyone, sorry we haven't been around, things have been a bit hectic and of course I was off work over Xmas and the New Year so no chance to log on.

Anyway happy belated New Year to everyone. 

Karen glad to hear from you and how you are getting on.  You seem to be coping really well - hope things to continue to get better and better for you all.

Prams - had probs with ours too when we first got it.  I used to put the base in the boot and the top half in the back seat.  I eventually changed my car (worst mistake I ever made) but we now only use the buggy and this fits fine but again makes me really annoyed that I changed my car when I did (honestly you use the big pram for such a short space of time and then go to the buggy stage so quick you couldn;t believe).  Don't make any rash decisions, check things out etc before you change to a new pram etc!

Well Josh is progressing well.  Still haven't had his 18 month assessment (annoyed with HV over that one).  He is well and truely on his feet, starting to walk down stairs as well and is so independent.  His speach is also coming along leaps and bounds, it is amazing to see and hear how fast he is developing.  I started a swimming class with him last Thursday and he loved it - never mind how much mummy enjoyed it.  I really felt like we had done something useful together and it gave me such an "aah" feeling afterwards.  The only main problem I have with him at the mo is his clingyness - when we go to mother and toddlers or anywhere else for that matter he goes ape if he loses sight of me.  Been told this is a faze and hope so as it can be draining when he screams and bawls the place down even when you are in the same room as him!!

Well must go and check up on a few other areas of the boards to see what is happening.

Take care everyone - will check again with you all again soon.

Love Barbara

·
Registered
458 Posts
Morning all,

I am off again today on annula leave much to Jay's annoyance - says I am never in work at the moment ::) which of course isn't true.

Sue Mj - you've got me panicing now - no Pampers in Oz ^scared^??? What did you do - what nappies did you use?? Glad to hear that Dion got to give you some respite to get on with the books. Yesterday Jay looked after Jessica for most of the day while I got on with heaps of washing and ironing so I didn't have to do all the ironing in the evening. He was exhausted by the end of the day. She just wants to play all the time and crawl around. At least it wears Jessica out too. I will be pecking your head about the long journey. What did you do on the plane to keep Iestyn entertained?

Jules - how did you manage on your journey too? You know, it seems it really is true that babies do what they need to when they want. Jessica is walking holding our fingers at the moment but WILL NOT walk holding one hand. She just started walking behind her pushalong hippo this weekend. Definatley don't worry about Katelyn - when she's ready she will do it.

Becca - sorry to hear that Jack was poorley over Christmas and New Year. Hope it didn't make things too difficult for you over the festive period.

Jac - I am trying to vacuum pack all Jessica's old clothes at the moment with the hope of needeing to use them again in the future. It means taking them all out of the huge bags they are already in and I'm expecting some tears as I revisit some of her teeney early clothes. If I don't get on again - have a fab time in Egypt - I imagine Jaqson will keep the whole flight entertained, he is such a lovely boy.

Sarah - Like you said with Amy, it is just confidence getting our babies to take those steps on their own - not sure how I'll manage when Jessica is bombing it around - she's already a hard one to catch when she can bbe bothered crawling more than a few feet.

Suzy - I got mastitis while I was BF in about the 7th month. What anti biotics are you on? I managed to carry on but found it really painful. I was told to feed her off the sore breast and express. My boob throbs at the very thought of it!! Manybe you could look at changing the anti biotics? Is that possible. Also, if you are keeping up your supply, maybe if Jake is doing well on the bottle, you could opt for combination feeding?

Gill - I cannot for one minute imagine your little smiler sobbing. I hope she feels better soon and give her a cuddle from me. What was it?

Flakey - I'm with the 'feed them when they're hungry' brigade at this stage. It's good that they are good feeders. And remember, they will still be having growth spurts.

Sam c _ it amazes me how well you cope with your lovely twinnies. As for the dads - Jay was totally like that when we were out - always wanted to push the pram ::) Its so lovely though isn't it.

Lisa C - awwwww - poor you having to see all Anthony's locks come off. And WELL DONE LITTLE BOY on crawling ^clapping^.

Clare S - we bought a Graco travel system 3 wheeler at first which was okay to get in the boot of the Golf but wasn't really practicle in other areas. We bought a Bruin Toledo buggy which folded really well and didn't take much room but our little puddin' was too wide for it with her winter clothes on and the foot muff wouldn't zip. We went out a couple of weeks ago and bought a mothercare pram for £110. It folds okay but is quite wide. Still manage to get it in the boot and I'm really pleased with it - it's such a lovely cosy pram. Hope you get one to suit.

Vicky - my new years resolutions include getting my course work done before the week they are due in - broken already as I sit here with reams of paper strewn about the floor trying desperately (apart from being on here at the moment of course) to get it in for Friday. My other is to exercise three times a week on my power glider or I am flogging it. I've managed once this week so far so have to do some today to make it twice in a week, but I'll let myself off for this first week. Good luck to DH on the job hunting.

Karen - sometimes I think Jessica is going to turn into a monster when she hits 2. I am dreading the morning I wake up and our little angel has transformed into a crabby little horror. Hope your little girls tants are fleeting.

Babara - it sounds like Josh is really coming on right now. Walking down the stairs too!! Wow.

Fee - hi to you. I got some Clarkes shoes in the sales for £15 each that should have been £30. It's funny, I am not a shoe person myself. I know some of my friends that spend a fortune on shoes, but where Jessica is concerned, I spend a silly amount on shoes even though I kow she's going to grow out of them really quickly.

Mel Fc - well done on the bargins.

Lisa Marie - we got things for Jessicas party like breadsticks and humous, dips and dippy things like carrot sticks, sarnies and veg sausage rolls, some cup cakes and jaffa cakes and a few other things but a lot of it was wasted. I'm sure your nan will be looking down with a big smile on Hannahs birthday hun.

Lizzy - hope the pnd depression is chipped away at by Kitty's smiles. :)

Susan - welcome and congrats on your beautiful twins - there are so many twins on here - it's so wonderful.

Donna - welcome to you too. I have found it really hard going back to work although I think I would still keep Jessica in nursery for her morning sessions even if I did have the good fortune to give up. Being around in the afternoons means I get to see alot of her progress but it sounds like it's really frustrating for you. I don't think you're going mad - I think it's normal to be jealous. My dh works full time and we've had some problems recently and we've worked it out that it all comes down to him being jealous of the extra time I have with Jessica.

Kim - well done Joe. Everday they do things that make us feel so proud don't they!

Sue L - hope Chloe is feeling better now. I know it's an awful thing to say, but I love Jessica being clingy.

I don't beleive this - as I'm typing my server has gone down. I will be so angry if I loose this post - best right click and copy it incase. Poo - I can't as I need to switch it off to do it. [email protected]

Well, I'm going to try and finish and hopefully it will be back on.

Jayne - can't remember your last post but hopefully things are okay with you.

Sorry if I've missed anyone.

Jessica is doing well too at the moment. She seems to have been free of a cold for about 2 weeks now but has had a constant runny nose. She was seen by the HV last week who has tiold me I have to get her off her night time bottle - says she definately should not be having bottles at her age :(. I didn't realise. Does anyone else still give their older bubs bottles. Jessica is 14 months now.

By the by, we did change her routine. Used to get her ready for bed and take her straight into her room and give her her bottle and put her down. She would wake twice a night at 1.30am and 4.30am. Based on the HV advice, I changed her routine on Friday and got her ready for bed and brought her back down for milk and supper (Readybrek), took her back up, brushed her teeth, sang to her and put her down and lo and behold, apart from the first night when she really created, she has settled into it and has slept through for 2 nights. Yipppppeeeeeee!!!! Long may it continue.

She was due her MMR on Friday but Jay really doesn't want her to have it so we are looking into it in more detail. I think I want her to have it. What are others doing?

Right - I'm off to get this bl00dy course work done. Pity me, please. I need it ;D.

Love Angexxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hi

Sorry no personals, theres so much to catch up on. I am finding it a bit hard to get on here as much as i would like to, and i miss so many posts just being away for a few days.
Well Benjamin had his Rubella jab last week. He was great again and didnt even flinch. I think the nurse that does the injections, is so brilliant. She doesnt let the child see the needle at all, and she talks to them all the time, then sings Balamory when she does the injection. He was a bit grumpy for a few days, but seens ok now. He has his mumps one booked for June, so lets hope hes as good with that one.
We are going to start doing the spare room up this week for Benjamin to move into..he has so many toys now, that his little nursery is not big enough anymore. This means we had to order more bedroom furniture for our room, as the spare room has built in wardrobes and most of our clothes are in them. It also means we have to move the computor to his nursery, so we will be off line when that happens...hope its not too long though.

Hope you are all ok, and those of you feeling poorly, start to get well soon.

Karen

·
Registered
458 Posts
Karen, have you had to pay for seperate jabs? We've been told that ours will be about £70 each and as it is the 5 in 1 now, we would have to give Jessica about 10 injections. Don't know how true this is though as the woman that came round to do Jessica's progress check on Thursday was not actually a qualified HV, but a support worker. I also don't understand why she would need the 5 in 1 when sh has already had her polio.

Anyone else any ideas on this??

Love Ange

ps - just having a wee break from my assignment ;D after doing a full hour on it.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.