·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Hi Mums

Karen - I think you're doing great - and Callum sounds wonderful.  Because he's breastfed he may be little and often rather than huge. Some children are naturally little and often rather than lots and long gaps. My daughter never took more than 4oz at a time and regularly less. My friend's daughter, born at the same time, regularly took an 8oz bottle. I did have to go on to bottles around 11 weeks because she wasn't putting weight on - but she continued to do little and often. Which is a pain in the small  hours because you're knackered.  You son sounds absolutely adorable. cooing at the great wide world. ahhh. You sound like such a good Mum xxx He's a happy boy.

Amanda
I know this won't make up for those lost comments from Mum but

I THINK MILLIE IS FANTASTIC, A BEAUTIFULLY BROUGHT UP GIRL AND I THINK YOU'RE DOING A WONDERFUL JOB!!!!

Fee xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
455 Posts
Morning Mums,

Had a worrying day yday, woke up and found a lump under my right arm. Went to docs but she wasnt worried and said if it doesnt get any bigger, not to worry.  Thought i wasnt going to see my babies grow up  :'( :'(

Had a really bad night with James, thought something was wrong with him, gave him water and milk and he drank quite a bit.

Everyone seems to be getting on really well, and i feel like im going from bad to worse.  I cant describe how i feel, i love them to bits and do everything for them but i just seem on edge all the time  :-[

Sorry no personals, but i just cant keep up with all the news.

Susan x

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
Hiya

Just a quick post from me - just want to sat that everyone on here is being the best Mum they can be and thats fantastic.  Ours Mums and MILs just did things differently which doesn't mean our way is bad.

Alex is on the bottle so a bit different to b/f but she likes to take what she wants - some times its 2 or 3 oz sometimes its 6 and there is no rhyme or reason to it.  Just what she wants at the time.

Susan - with a whole 4 weeks more experience I can say that sometimes things here sound better than they are for me.  When I say that Alex has been nadgy she has maybe spent 3 hours crying uncontrollably despite everything you try and stop it, I think everyone has their moment of despair.  1 is easier than 2 for sure but you will get there.. my sister did give me some advise one night when I just could not cope with the crying.  Ignore it for a bit have your tea and then go and see to her .... if she can cry like that then there is nothing serious.  Try and relax if you can because babies really are more resilient than you give them credit for.  Oh yeah and the housework - sod it

Clare

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Hi just a quickie,

Amy had another convulsion last night, it wasn't as violent as the others but it was longer 7 mins. Jamie had just been saying that she looked at bit twitchy, I looked up as he walked away from her and she started to get that look!
Seeing consultant in 10 days and it can't come quick enough!!! We were brave last night though and dealt with it all on our own, no ambulance just us. 20 mins later she went up to bed as normal because if this is going to be the norm for her and us then we can't molly coddle (spelt wrong!!) her very time or make a real big issue it just has to become part of life.

Still just want it to all go away. It's terrible to watch especially when she looks right through you as she's having it and she's non responsive. I just think she must ache so much afterwards and feel tired - not nice I wish I could take it all from her and have it myself.

Off to put all stuff in my new kitchen now
Love sarah x x x

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Sarah

I just have to say i think you are a great mummy. With all the worry of Amy's seizures i think i would be tearing my hair out. The fact that you are treating them as the norm at the moment is so very brave and very sensible. It cant be easy for you or Jamie when you see your little girl going through them and i take my hat off to you both.

I hope and pray Amy will grow out of them eventually. There is a little girl at Joe's playschool who had violent fits and was taken off in an ambulance each time. Touch wood they seem to have stopped since last year i really hope this happens for Amy too.

Sorry to go on just wanted to say what a great mum i think you are.

Love Kimx  xx

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Just a quickie!!

Katelyn's jab went ok, but she came out in spots yesterday. Called HV who said that it was too early for anything like that to come out yet?! So, waited to see how she was today and she is COVERED!!!!! So, off to doc's earlier, he just said a virus - they seem to say that for everything???!!!!  :-\Have been told to stay away from other children until spots have gone.

Will post again later xxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Sarah

Kim is right, your a great Mum :)  I don't know how you cope, I think its amazing you seem to calm with it now, I know the seizures are still bloody scarey, but you must be making it easier for Amy by being calm and not scaring her. Your so strong, good luck for your appointment in 10 days, I'm praying they can do something for little Amy

Loads of love
Amanda xxx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Jules........poor Katelyn :(  Was that the MMR jab or the single ?  Hugs to you all xxx

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hi Susan

I just wanted to send you a huge (((((((HUG)))))))))).  Try not to look at how other people seem to be coping - they ALWAYS seem to be doing better than you but what really matters is finding the best way for you to cope & enjoy your babies as much as possible.

You are still at such an early stage - but long enough to have an accumulation of sleep deprivation and stress / worry... You are also still recovering from a major operation.  You have hormones flying all over the place.  You have also just had the most life-changing event ever happen... the arrival of your first child(ren)...  Try to be kind to yourself - you're doing BRILLIANTLY...

Now I look back on the first few weeks / months with my twins & it all seems such a blur - I was in a permanent zombie state.  It DOES get easier, little by little... one day you will suddenly realise you are coping - maybe not in the 'perfect' way you imagined you would but believe this - NOBODY is a perfect mother - we all just do the best we can at the time.  No matter how much we longed for our children there will be times when you feel that you can't cope - I was sobbing uncontrollably as I was trying to leave hospital & as soon as I had fed / changed one of them the other needed changing / feeding & I couldn't see how I could ever leave that room - complete panic that I couldn't cope... 4 weeks later I took both babies Christmas shopping on my own... I was destroyed afterwards but I did it!!  There are still days when I think I can't cope but they are definitely only occasional days now.

My advice, apart from the brilliant advice you've already had - get as much rest as you can, take help from anywhere, hang the housework, etc is when it all feels too much is to just put both babies in the pram & go out - it feels so much better when you get all those admiring comments - reminds you how wonderful it is really (and no-one knows what a state your house is in or that you've only just got dressed at 4pm...)  Oh, and try to find the time somehow to have a shower, brush your hair & put some make-up on occasionally - that helps too!!!

More (((((((HUGS))))))))))) - let's talk again in a few weeks' time - I guarantee you will be feeling better.

Sal xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hiya

Just back from Manchester - lots of other thickos on the course didn't realise there was more to do over the page so I'm not the only one handing my assignment in late! ;D

Just spent £170 on underwear from Bravissimo (my fave undie shop) and I have ordered some Aquaflex weights for pelvic floor muscle toning (stop laughing - the lot of you - I did my PFE and still pee myself if I run!!!!!!)

Kas - about the feeding - sounds like your little one is possibly having a growth spurt at the moment.

Amanda - ditto to what Fee said and I can't wait to see you both at the meet. Is your DH coming?

Susan - don't worry about not keeping up - I'm dreading going away in Feb (well, that is totally untrue actually, I can't bloomin wait) what I mean is I'm dreading trying to catch up when I get back. So much happens on here with our little ones changing each day that we just want to tell everyone. I had a lump under my arm, turned out to be the beginnings of an abcess through an infected hair follicle - hope you are okay. ^Cuddle^

Clare - glad to see Alex in still dictating things in your life ;D

Sarah - I am so sad to hear that Amy has had another convulsion - can't they bring the appointment forward. I know it's only 10 days but still, it might be worth asking. I can only begin to imagine how horrid it must be for you. It must be so terrifying. I'll IM you later hun. Sending lots of kisses her way and for you to.

Jules - if it's just a virus, why do they sound worried about keeping her away from other kids?? Poor little love - hope she is on the road to recovery soon. Jessica seems to have a permenant rash over her back but it is very pathcy - we think it's proberbly an excma type thing and have just been putting Sudecrem on it as it doesn't seem to bother her too much. We're going to buy some Oilatum porducts this weekend for her to wash in.

Sal - lovely words from you to Susan there. You obviously know your stuff ;)

Hi to everyone else - i've gone blank from the last board. I'm off to scoff some more homemade lentil soup. I can eat as much as I want of it on the slimming world diet that I am sort of doing. I'm not a member but nabbed my mates book to write down the sort of stuff I'd eat. Us all being vegi helps too. Feel like I should treat myself as I walked into Manchester city centre to the Corn Exchange from St Mary's (those who have had tx there will know how far I'm talking about). My feet are burning where my shoes were slipping against my socks as I walked. Jessica is with my mil and sil until 4 so just enough time for a brew too.

Bye for now

We are all Ggggggggggggggreat mums on here  ^bow^ ^bow^To all of us ;)

Love Angexxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
jUst a quick me post and vent ..... so pigged off its untrue

Went to the clinic for the first jab today came back unjabbed.  I am gibbering in my head first off she is called AlexanDRA not AlexanDER and is a girl !!  Second I got a lecture about not coming to the jab clinic and how the letter was only a reminder she was due never mind the bit at the bottom which says clearly phone and advise if you cannot make this appointment.  Finally, the reception let me make an appointment and did not tell me she needed to be over 8 weeks old and that the couple of days meant she could not be jabbed !!!  So fed up with it!!

clare

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi Mums

hope you don't mind me joining you :)

Clare - I can understand why your annoyed at the clinic, I think I have been annoyed with them from when I found out I was prg, never got the correct information. :mad: I have been given an app. for post natal, only thing is I called the surgery to cancel as I want to see a female, only to be told the app the H/V made for me was wrong anyway, the GP does not do these clinic on that day :-\  and told me to call the H/V clinic which they don't understand CONFUSED :-\ I am.

Does anyone know how much weight a baby is meant to put on, in the first 5wks roughly? 

My H/V (whom I not really keen on) Siobhan was born 7lb 5oz, but gained 10oz since her birth, the H/V said she not gained much (but it was the way she said it) I told her Siobhan has had a cold for a few weeks, she said it must be that.  I can't really talk to this woman without feeling I am doing something wrong :(

Her feeds are all over the place, bottle fed 5oz, sometimes 3oz.  Sometimes she can bring up a lot.

SUZ
XXXX

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
Suz

Change you HV if you are not happy.  My HV reckons its approx 1oz a day per week with a day off - so about 6 oz per week but don;t forget that babies lose weight in 1st wek and need to regain. 

So far today I have had a 6oz, a 2oz and a 1oz feed and they all take an hour or so to do

Give me a call if you need to chat about it ever.

Clare

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Hi

Jayne - wonderful advice, liked how you handled the situation.  Love how you describe Ben!

Karen - don't think you need to lose weight!  Still if you do, good excuse for SHOPPING!

Sue - your day yesterday sounds lovely!  Book sounds good.  Did you get to finish it!  Some friends of ours have just got back from their wedding and apparently he has marked her fertile days in the calendar!  All I can say is, if they are doing that before they start ttc then godhelp them!

Karen - glad you got the nursery places sorted for the girls.  Sorry your mum is giving you grief (((((((hugs))))))).

Angie - oops at no instruction to pto.........  hope your hands have recovered!  Good luck on finding your pelvic floor!  :)  Nice walk!

Lisa - glad you got Anthony through the MMR.    Have a wonderful family meal on Sunday.

Kas - the dread of the injections is almost worse!  :-*  if you can calpol before!  Have fun at Lakeside!  :)  I was pretty good on Wednesday and didn't spend much!  ;D  Some of the babes in our nct group have woken up again for extra feeds after going longer, frustrating for you.  (((((((hugs)))))))) you could try more feeds during the afternoon (what I do with Chloe) to get Callum to go longer at night (might work, might not!).  The b/f you're doing is fine, Callum is probably going through a growth spurt.  To increase your b/f supply if you can spend 24 hours in bed together or just put him to you more often for your supply to increase.

Gill - bet today was wonderful and emotional for you!  ;D

Susan - the lump may be a blocked duct?  I had a lump under each arm throughout the whole pg and up until my milk supply had sorted itself.  At least you got it checked.  Don't apologise for no personals.  You have twins who are establishing themselves who are under 3 weeks old and you are doing great.  Remember hormones are a horrible thing!  :-*

Clare - ditto!  :)  sod housework, these babies are so wanted so the housework can wait!  ;D  So sorry the clinic can't get their act together (((((((hugs)))))).

Sarah - you sound so incredibly brave, I take my hat off to you and Jamie.  ((((((((hugs))))))) to Amy.

Jules - glad Katelyn's MMR went well too, just hope she recovers from her "virus" quickly!  Love to you.

Sal - how you doing and the boys?

Suz - welcome over!  Siobhan will drink what she wants, when she wants it!  :)  Don't worry about lack of weight gain.  I was a little worried in the first weeks but have just accepted Chloe who was born at 7lb 15oz (50th centile) and at 5 mths was only 13lb (9th centile) she's incy compared to others of her age but she's happy and so am I.  Can you change your hv?

Managed to rescue dinner yesterday, just!  Didn't get to eat until 10.30 though cos the decorating chap didn't leave till then!  Think we have some solutions for the bannisters (which currently Chloe could fall through......!)  My mum nipped round for an hour today so I took the opportunity of removing paper from one of the hall walls!  Do another one tomorrow.

We have friends coming round for dinner tomorrow night with their baby (7 weeks younger than Chloe!) and then out for lunch on Sunday.  Looking forward to the weekend!

Love Sue
xxxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Hi Girls

Had a good rant with my sister, this is a thing that's been running for years, never a postiive word about either of us. I am the eldest of three and a bit of a piggy in the middle, my sister is Daddy's girl and my brother Mummy's boy. I am going to say something to her before rich does as he is seething too and it will come better from me than him. Thanks for all the words of encouragement and support.

Sarah - sorry to hear about Amy's seizures. I admire you and Jamie so much it cannot be easy for you to deal with it calmly but it will be the best thing for Amy not to see the two of you distressed. Good luck with her appointment.

Jules - sorry to hear about Kaitlyn's spots. My youngest had the jab on the 5th and only yesterday came out in some spots on her chin. However these could be teething rash but given that she's a bit crabby and off her bottle, not how she is normally when teething, Im reserving judgement. Hope it clears up soon.

SueL - hope the leg is better. Are you planning on changing your bannisters? We had the same problem but didn't want the expense of changing them just yet. We opted to have a Kiddiguard installed across them. It's like a really taut roller blin that covers gaps up to 130cm wide. We've got it at the top of the landing as well as stair gates top and bottom. We brought it from the baby care direct website {url www.babycaredirect.co.uk [/url]

Gill - Many Happy returns to your little girl, hope you have a lovely day today.

Clare - your surgery sounds like ours. couldn't organise a p!$$ up in a brewery. Our HV rang and called us by our children's birth surname so had to explain that and that her younger sister would move in later. She came out to see me when they had both moved in and then her colleague rang to organise a visit for the youngest once the had her records through. They obviously don't speak to one another. Then they said I could drop in any time to one of the clinics to have her MMR done and then I arrive and they say that I should get an appointment through.

Sue MJ - hope you finished you book. I love a good book, currently reading the second Bridget Jones one as I haven't had chance to see the film yet.

Hope everyone is is ok.

Not much going on here. I'm looking forward to a quiet weekend, well as quiet as it can be with two kids!! No seriously we having nothing planned other than me taking the eldest swimming on Sunday so just going to go with the flow.

Love
Karen x

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Thankyou so much for saying such nice things about Jamie and I you have brought on a flood  :'( but not and unhappy one.

I hope we appear calm to Amy and in control, I think we do as she seems quite calm when she comes round now. It's so difficult but I really don't want Amy to frightened of them and as she will never have known any different the only way she can become frightened is through us being that way. The only way after she has one is to be completely normal. Putting her up in her cot at 8pm last night was the hardest thing ever but for her sake it had to be done. In the same way I don't want other people to be frightened of her having one. I would like to go to her friends house for tea and parties, so if people see that we're calm about the whole thing then hopefully they will be  :-\ Very difficult.
It is also hard because at the moment we have to be so careful of who we leave her with if we need to go somewhere or have a night out - whatever. But we wouldn't change her - our perfect fitting fairy  :) ^fairydust^

On a good note she has been a darling today, played all morning whilst I sorted out the kitchen, came to Tesco with me and then stayed with Grandad whilst I went for a swim and was good as gold. She was supposed to come swimming with me but she's had conjunctivitis and didn't want the cholrine to aggravate it again, or pass it on.
I have been swimming 3times now this week and am almost back to the standard I was when I got pg! I am one of these people who wants instant results though so am fed up because I am not a dress size less already  ;D

Clare - we have one fab hv and one who says that everything 'is her age' we have a running joke at baby club when her name is mentioned we all say 'it's her age!!!!!' I always make sure I go when I know it's the othe ones day.

Jules - big hug for Katelyn

Karenm - enjoy swimming

Ange - really made laugh about your assingment  ;D

Right off to bed I think taking DH to work at 5.30am and then fil and I are hanging new curtains and recovering chairs!

Have great weekends
LOve sarah x x x

·
Registered
655 Posts
Angie I did not do mine, & have to cross my legs when I sneeze (not easy in the supermarket)  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

where do you get the Aquaflex thingies from?!!!!

Vicky x

·
Registered
655 Posts
Sorry I 'm not doing much in the way personals again everyone, I have read all your posts, & sending love to you all.

It's nice to see some new Mummies on here now.  Hope you can stick with us, know how hard it is in those first few weeks, like you havne';t got enough to do!!!

Hope we can help with your questions.

Sue MJ hows the cc going.  I am really worried about how I am going to get on when Neil eventually finds a job.  Toby has got really used to one or other of us being with him ALL the time.

I had to do tea & clean the kitchen up by myslef on Weds for this first time in ages & put Toby in living room while I did it and he screamed the place down because he couldn;t see me so then I put him back in his highchair & he carried on screaming by then he was in such a state....

I am still settling him awake in teh cot & he is getting a little better I think...I still have to go in once cos he does start howling when I leave him and then I usually stroke his back (he insists on sleeping on his front now) for a few moments & then I can go out again & usually don;t have to go back in again...

He's also got a snuggly now it's a bit of one of my old nighties and he sucks it...yummmmmmmm!  He's not found his thumb at all?!

Hope veryone is OK today,

Jac hope it's lovely & hot & sunny  ;D

love Vicky x

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.