Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home Mum's

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Morning everyone

Well we seem to have escaped the snow here.

Flo - Welcome Back.  We're off to a play thing on Wednesday, love to see them running around (well it will only be our eldest)

Sue - what a heart wrenching story about Tom and a lovely sentiment from you to show your belief.  I sincerely hope that he pulls through and your friends can have him home soon.  great news on Iestyn with his walking and such a cute haircut.

Donna - I love a good wedding.  We've been married six years this year and I till get out my wedding video and pictures every now and then.  We were going to go away for ours but my sister married the year before without telling anyone so I couldn't not give my Dad the chance to give away at least one of his daughters.  But I couldn't have dreamt of anything better, I'd do it all again, same place, same dress and of course same man!!.  My MIL made my favours.  She found a company that did the sugared almonds and then brought some mini round plastic plates, some voile, fabric flowers and ribbon and did them all.  We had disposable cameras on the tables at the reception and have an album full of pictures of our guests that have been taken randomly, its great to look at.

Jayne - sorry to hear Ben's got a cold, our two have too.  Great story of the shoes.  I've just still got the youngest in pram shoes at the minute but can't wait until she is properly on her feet to buy her her first pair.

Jac - I've got a bum shuffler too.  She's so fast and it just shows how dirty my carpet is!!  She's standing up against the setee (but I put her there) and is now pulling herself to kneeling alot and then trying to get one foot up.  if I sit her across my leg so her legs are bent in a sitting position, she wil pull herself up to standing and then support herself with her arms on my shoulders.  She still can't crawl forwards, just backwards to get back up to sitting for more bum shuffling.  Don't know what's worse this stage with our frustration of wanting to see them do it or when they finally get there and then can get in to so much more. 

Elaine - hope the UTI clears up soon.  Like Jac's theory!

Lisa - Hope Anthony gets better soon.

Hello to all the other Mum's and hope all the other bubs are well too.  Not much to report on here as we are all full of cold.  I've got a couple of busy weeks with visitors and things to do, love to be kept busy.  off to visit work again this week too.  So going to have words with people as I am getting nothing that I need to keep me up to speed for when i get back.  My assistant is caretaking some of the bits and another Manager is doing the rest.  I think she's aiming for world domination though (my assistant), but she'll be in for a shock when I go back. 

Bye for now
Love
Karen x

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi everyone hope mums and bubbas are keeping well.

Just a quick update for you and of course a vent from me.  Dh had arranged for us to go away last weekend - Thurs to yesterday morning.

Well having thought Josh was getting better and having commenced his antibiotic on Wednesday night I reluctantly agreed to go - what a big mistake.  We thought we had taken Josh on hols but no it was Damian the child from hell.  Honestly girls it was a nightmare the poor mite wasn't a bit well, screamed and yelled constantly and just wanted you to sit on a seat and nurse him - he kept pulling your hand to take you to a seat, sat you down, hopped on your knee with his blankie and went shzz, shzz to get you to sooze him.  I wanted to come home on the first flight Sat but would dh agree oh no - he wanted a break even if it was with a screaming child  - men.

Honestly girls I really hated dh for doing this to us - if we had been at home I could've coped and I reckon so could Josh but being in a foreign country even if it was Spain and the apartment we usually go to, it was a total nightmare.

He has rallied a bit now but lesson learnt, if he is like that again before we are due to go away I AM NOT GOING.

Well vent over now 8.28 and I have to start some work.

Take care all.

Barbara

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Hi all

Quick question - pretty gross one too - but does anyone know anything about green poo? Scarlet has suddenly started pooing green. urgh!!! I havent changed anything I do so it seems a bit odd to say the least.

Also, Im having a nightmare putting Phoebe to sleep at night. She just isnt sleepy until about 11:00pm regardless of what I do. Could she be an insomniac??

Flakey x

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi Flakey

Siobhan is the same, she had black (tar like) at the beginning, M/W and H/V say this is normal.

SUZ
XXXX

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Hiya

Big catch up required!  ;D

Lisamarie - glad Hannah's birthday party was good, especially from a value for £!  Hpoe the paddy's stop soon and she's better.  Sorry can't help you on MMR.

Suzy - hope the tablets are doing their job and so is seeing the psychiatrist.  Glad Jake's funny symptoms seem to be OK.

Dee - how did the 6 week check go?  How's Freddie's colic? and you?

Lisa - love to you and Anthony.

Ange - ooohhhhhhhh don't you hate it when you lose stuff off the pc!  The hall, stairs and landing is a big job and I can only do it when Chloe isn't around!  it's all got to be off my next Friday as that's when the decorators start!  Bet those newborn cuddles were lovely.   Get well soon and take some time off!

Flakey - know what you mean about the cats getting less attention these days..........  still try to make time for Lu but it gets harder!  Good luck for Phoebes appt on 10th, we'll be away then so I wont be able to log on to say good luck  :-*  How's the routine going? and the diet?  Glad the weekend was good including the outing!

Gill - did you manage to find a holiday?  My theory on lending friend baby stuff is that we wont need it - yet!  :)  Sounds like you had a hectic time last week!

Sarah - how's you and Amy?  Think it's appt today - thinking of you all.  Great news on your friend.

Karen - did you get any news on the youngest being discharged from physio?  Hope the oldest cold has cleared.  I use a drop of olbas oil in Chloe's room as well!  Not long till you see your sis!   Lovely post about your wedding and doing the same again.  LOL at your work situation - ditto!  :)

Lizzy - lol at peeing on life of brian!  Love the life of kitty photo's they are absolutely amazing, going to have to relook now I know which one is you!  Relooked and those pics blow me away - and it's lovely to finally "meet" you!  Ah an advert I know, yes how cheesy!  ;D

Sue - wonderful pic of Iestyn, Bailey and the lego table!  Adore his new haircut!  Sorry you are suffering with bad dreams, not nice  :-*  Isn't Iestyn clever - 2 languages!  Thinking of your friends and little Tom and praying for a good outcome.  Think you need a new tv! and can't believe the little man will be walking v. soon!

Kim - Joe is doing brilliantly with his dummy or without it!  :)  Hope he's better today and not sick (((((((hugs))))))).

Vicky - fab pics in the gallery, guess you managed to make em smaller!

Jac - I cannot imagine life without Chloe, I know what you mean!  Are you OK, how's your newish job going?  Not seen the kfc ad....... I miss all the good ad's never saw the malty one either!  :)  Love hearing about Jaqson, can just imagine him running around in a cape, wellies in the snow!  Bet you were freaked when you looked at those test results wrongly!

Elaine - bet Eva loved those swings!  The pics say it all!  Love the sound of the loch.  Hope those antib's clear up the infection  :-*

Kas - more pics of Callum please!  I'm afraid I'm like that with Chloe, she has an album of a pic a week in, the best pic of the week is added to the album so by the time she is 1 she just has to look through 1 pic album not 500!  ;D  How were the first jabs? and dont you just love chuckles!

Fee - are you winning on getting someone into finish Hall?  Masses of love  ^reiki^

Sophie - was lovely to catch up properly, without interruptions!   Shall we take bets on when C will walk!

Jayne - hope you are OK?  How's Ben and the cold?  Glad you got Jack and Ben's shoes, bet they look brilliant, pic please! and did you get some for yourself!!!  ;D

FC - how's the party organising going?

Bluenose - exciting, wedding shopping  :)  bet you are having an amazing time!  Shelley has posted a couple of times but she was minus laptop when she went on mat leave.  Think she is going back to work March?  so hopefully hear from here then.  I've got her no. will text her!

Flo -  fab to hear from you and Ben, happy new year to you too!

Amanda - enjoy Jude Law tonight!  ;D  CD46  ^eyes^  :-*

Barbara - poor you and Josh, hope your dh had a good break!  :-*  :-* to you.

Flakey - Chloe occasionally has green poo..... lurvely!  :)  As for sleeping, one of the babes out of our nct group wouldn't sleep before 11, the mum ended up going up earlier, keeping the room dark and nursing him to sleep and it has got earlier he now goes at 8, she just kept inching it forward (((((hugs))).

My mum reckons that Chloe will bum shuffle.  She's incredibly sturdy on her legs and holds herself up (on me, furniture etc) but she has this hysterical pelvic thrust!  ;D and puts her feet flat on the floor and thrusts around!  Not interested in turning/rolling.  But will sit and play for ages!

She missed her swimming lesson yesterday as she's so chesty but it's been rescheduled for tomorrow so I hope the chest clears a bit by then as it's first swim underwater unaided.

We've had the top half of the bannisters done on Saturday, the lower part needs to be done this Saturday and we got a good deal on new doors for all the rooms, so half of them will be hung on Saturday too!  

Decided that as the stairgate will be at the bottom and I can close all the other hall doors, if I'm in the kitchen I can put a gate up between there and the hall and it means Chloe has a playroom in the hall which is safe and roomy!

Love Sue
xxxxx

·
Registered
417 Posts
Morning,
Well, we didnt get the snow :'(, well it snowed but didn't settle, snowed for about 10 mins and yet my mum who is literally less than 5 mins drive away had a blizzard and the kids were making snow angels :-\  I was going to drive round there to build Callums snowman ;D

The injections were ok yesterday, he cried a bit and promptly fell asleep, he did have a temp last night and the grizzles and is a little clingy this morning, but is fine.  Hated going though, even the nurse said she hates that part of her job.

On the subject of green poo, my health visitor said that this happens if they have a lot of gas in their tummies, she said not to worry if it happens, we only get this occassionally, its sort of a grey/green (sorry TMI).  Hope this helps Flakey.

Suel, I cant get my pics to upload, can anyone help me?  I also want to change his pic on the side of my profile, he has changed so much.  I too cannot imagine my life without him and dh and I were talking about how much our lifes have changed already and the way we do things.  My poor cats are suffering as well, although now Callum is in bed by around 7, they do get lots of fuss and attention then and like to snuggle up on the sofa with us.    Like the album idea - might just have to pinch that, his album is nearly full already ;D

Elaine - Eva has changed so much since I last looked at her pictures properly.  She is a real cutie.

Barbara - sorry you had such a rough time away.  You will need another holiday now to make up.  Hope Josh is better now.

Sarah - hope Amy is ok and that the appointment goes well.

Kim - are you going to come to the next essex meet with Joe - would love to see him again.

Right, Callum is yelling at me so best go and see what he is after - a play no doubt.
Love Karen XX

·
Registered
458 Posts
Morning all,

Well - I know it's nearly afternoon but I took the Docs advice, had a day off work and let Jay deal with getting Jessica up, washed, ready and fed along with himself this morning and I stayed in bed. Woke up about 10 minutes ago!!! :eek: Shaking like a leaf as my blood sugars are down - didn't eat much yesterday either. I really don't like sleeping in like that though as it's usually the type of pattern that sets a seizure off. Ah well - survived it this time!!

Sue - just reading about your friends little boy - it is so cruel that someone so tiny should suffer. I hope they are doing everything they can to help him at the hospital. Thinking of them. I'm not surprised that old fella made comments about Iestyn, he is so gorgeous - I love his little cheeks and his new haircut is fab.

Jac - those spit tests take a few days for the results to come back - maybe you're not out of the water just yet!! I don't know what KFC ad you're all on about but being a vegi, I wont watch it anyway. Not long til the next meet now - I wonder will Jaqson be walking by then - Jessica just needs the confidence now - she flaps if I try with her just holding one hand, and I mean flaps, it's really funny. She tried to grab at my other hand which I usually put put infront of her as a carrot and she waves her free arm up and down. I usually give in and let her hold that one too and then there's no stopping her.

Flakey - I can't remember, are you still BF. If you are, it could have been something you ate, caffine based for Phoebe to be awake. What is her daytime routine like? As for green poo, I know it can be sticky black, green when they are first born but I don't know about Scarlet. Give the HV a ring if you're worried.

Karen - when do you actually go back to work? They want me to increase my hours from March which I am willing to do but am dreading more time away from my little angel. Hope your colds clear up soon.

Babara - I know what you mean bout going away with bubs ill. I still can't get over the fact that we went away in the van last year with a supply of Calpol, Calgel and Medised because she was ill- won't be doing that again. Hope Josh is feeling better soon.

FC - I get moments like that too. I can't beleive how many snaps we have of her. Not too many of Jessica with other people though. She'll think she had no family when she gets older - it's my fault though, I can't help taking pics of her and digital cameras just make it so easy. Oh, and thankyou so much for the group pic. I found it the other day. It is lovely.

Jayne - Jessica has some Clarkes boots with flashing lights on - she bangs them together. Have a nice day of doing nothing today and thanks for the Ebay advice. As it's a £80 purchase, I'm going to accept it this time but I'll be putting a note on my ads from now on being very specific.

Woppa - I'm with Jac on this one. Three lots of antibiotics seems a bit extreme. Louise Hay says your'e peed off, usually at the opposite sex or lover and blaming others and she gives a positive affirmation to do which you have to repeat in your head - "I release the pattern in my conciousness that created this condition. I am willing to change. I love and approve of myself." But there again, she does give one for suicide too which is a bit of a waste of time if you're dead! I like her though and use her affirmations from time to time.

Lisa Maire - I have checked out the MMR thread as Jessica should have had hers a couple of weeks back. To be honest though, I still don't know what to do for the best. Hope Hannah is feeling better soon.

Lisa - hope Anthony is on the mend soon too. I had to wash the big sofa cushions yesterday where Jessica had been sick. Jay had supposed to have washed them but had just sponged them down so we we got up the next morning, they smelled really bad. Don't feel bad about putting him nursery, sometimes I think it's a way of gauging how they are. I've thought Jessica has been dreadfully poorley before now and have expected nursery to ring me to pick her up but they haven't and when I ask how she's been when I pick her up, they say - fine, just snotty. Nursery will ring if he's not okay. You try and get some rest too.

Donna - planning your wedding - how lovely. There were a couple of people that posted along with the trimester boards we used that seem to have disappeared. I'm hoping one or two of them make an appearance at the meet, but I must admit, I do worry about them and their babies when they just drop out of contact like that.

Kas - we haven't had any snow either. Hope your little one is okay today.

Flo - nice to hear from you again. And a happy new year back at you. Look forward to seeing more of you around on here.

Sue - I'm so jealous of you being able to take Chloe somewhere for lessons so young. It was the same with Amanda and Millie too. It's not fair, I can't find anywhere within a 10 mile radius that will take Jessica before she is 3. I so wanted to get the underwater pics of her as a little baby too. That chance has gone now. Enjoy your time with Chloe in the water. I take Jessica myself on a Thursday afternoon but haven't done for a while because of her constant on/off colds. One of the reasons I've told them at work that if I extend my hours, I still want my half day on a Thursday is so I can keep this up.

Sophie - glad to see Christopher is on the verge of walking too.

So how many babies do we have on the verge at the moment then??? Wonder who will be the first - Jessica will proberbly be the last!!

Jessica is copying more and more now (or trying to) so the stage has some for me to clean up my act and stop swearing so much. She is back to not really sleeping through at the moment after maybe 4 days of doing so with this supper introduction thing. Since she has been off her food which is for about a week now, she has been turning her nose up at any supper bar her milk. I'm worried that after her being such a fanatastic eater with loads of variety, that after this stint, she is going to hate all savory foods. The only things she is anything like willing to eat at the moment are fruits, puddings and toast with Marmite on. She'll have cheese too but she won't eat any veg at the moment of quorn or anything. She's been pretty poor at nursery with her dinners and weetabix too. I just hope this is related to her teeth and it soon passes - she does seem to have loads of back ones coming through all at once.

Right, I've lost 5lb in 2 weeks ^scales^so I'm off to treat myself to peanut butter and jam on toast before walking up to nursery to pick Jessica up. I could get used to this lying in bed and taking it easy. Big lottey win this weekend please if you are listening Universe. Also have some Ebay parcels to post - went yesterday but the post office was shut with a handwritten note on the shutters saying 'closed due to robbery'!! They have 3 Alsatains for christ sake!!!!

Bye for now - hi to anyone I've misses -sorry but I can't remember everything off the 15 :eek: page last thread.

Love Angexxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Hi all  :) 

So much for the lazy day  ;D  Have been in and out of this house all morning  ;D  2 nursery runs, a quick trip to the petrol station as car looking seriously low on energy (not the only one!), and of course, the petrol station is by the video shop, so Jack just HAD to have a DVD!  ::)  It's on at the moment.  Do you think he's watching it  ???  :mad:

Ben's just snot from head to toe and dead grumpy.  So, instead of Calpol today he's had medised and gone to bed where I'm hoping he's going to stay until at least 5.00 pm!  :)

Have just put a chicken in the oven ready for our tea tonight - yum!

Kas - Your pics need to be under 90 kb in size to upload.  Have you cut them down to this size.  You should be able to do this with the software that comes with your camera/scanner.  Let me know if you still have problems after doing this and if you want, you can email them to me and I'll have a look for you  :)

Ange - Your lie in this morning sounds lovely, and well deserved I reackon.  Good for you in taking the day off. 
Well done on the weight loss  ^afro^

Sue - Sounds like the bannisters and doors are coming along well  :) 
Hope Chloe's better soon and that she's a bit better for underwater swimming tomorrow. 

Barbara - Oh no!  What a nightmare few days away for you.  Sorry to hear it all turned out like that  :(  Hope Josh is okay now. 

Karen - Hope all the colds leave your house very soon too.  Miserable aren't they! 
I had to put a stamp back on my job when I went back to work after mat leave too.  I job share, and my colleague was also out for world domination I reackon!  She's always wanted to work more than the 2 days she does, but doesn't seem to want to look elsewhere either.  I soon got things back the way they should be though  ;D  and shocked a few people along the way I think.  But there, we go  ;D  Besides, I've had this job now for 6 years, and it was full time until I went back after having Jack, so there was no way I was about to let her take over.  It was the same when I went on mat leave after Jack.  The temp they got in then bluntly said to my face at the Christmas doo (I went back in the July) that there was no way I was going back!  Well, she got a shock when I did. Haven't heard from her since  ;D  What is it about being on  mat leave that lets people at work think they can take the p***  :mad: 

Jack's actually started watching his DVD now (it's Little Bear and Jimmy Neutron he's got) whilst I've been typing this post.  Think he just needed the peace of Ben going to bed for him to settle down a bit.  Probably couldn't hear it before above all the grumping Ben was doing  :p 

Okay, off to print off the Ebay sales from the weekend now and pack them up ready for posting tomorrow.  Did okay actually with them  :)  Thanks also Sara for your purchases  :) 

Love

Jayne x

·
Registered
458 Posts
Yipppeeee- Jay just rang from work - he got promoted right out of the blue (well sort of) not enough for me to finish work just yet but ta for listening anyway Universe!!

Love Angexxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Oh wow Ange, that's brilliant news.  Congratulations  ^clapping^ ^banana^ ^jumpin^

Love

Jayne x

·
Registered
547 Posts
Hi guys
Can I join you all??? I've been reading your thread for ages now and cant believe I'm finally able to post on here.
my little boy Thomas is 8 days old now and we are so in love with him we still cant believe he is ours.
he weighed 9lb 7oz when he was born he went down to 9lb 5 and half oz on sunday,midwifes weighed him today and hes back up to 9lb 9oz,i'm breast feeding which hes taken to brill hes very greedy and sometimes it seems hes never off my boobs!!!!! The last two nights hes slept til 2.30am going back down at 3.40am than not waking up til 7-7.30am which I cant complain about infact

·
Registered
547 Posts
Sorry dont know what happened there  :p
I was just going to say I had to wake him up at 2.30 this morning for a feed as he was still asleep from 9pm.
I've been told to stop using baby wipes for a few days as his bum is sore as he does loads of poo's.midwife is coming on fri and we are going to have a go at using the breast pump so at least than dh can have a go at feeding him and it will get thomas used to the bottle. dh as been brill since we came out if hosptial as i had to have a emergency section i cant lift anything heavier than thomas so hes been a star doing things round the house and it so nice to see him and thomas together.
well will have to go thomas is wanting another feed.
hope to get the chance to post more.
love gemma and thomas xxxx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Hi Gemma

Welcome ! and congratulations again on baby Thomas :)

Sounds like your doing great with the feeding, good luck with everything

Love Amanda xx

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hello Gemma,

Welcome to the world of mad mums and their special little ones.

Hope the BF keeps going well for you. My boobs are somewhere my knees now!!!!

Love Angexxxxx

·
Registered
417 Posts
Can I ask a quick question please girls.  After saying that Callum was fine this morning after his jabs yesterday Im now a bit worried he has slept nearly all day, in fact I had to wake him at 3pm and then he seemed almost drunk.  Ive now had to bath and put him to bed at 5.45 (normally 7pmish).  He wouldnt b/feed from me either.  Could this just be a normal reaction to the jabs ive looked through the book they gave me and it says nothing about being sleepy.
Be back later
Thanks
Karen XXXXX

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Kas

I cant give you any advice cos Joe hasnt had them. But if your worried phone NHS direct and they can advise you.

love Kim x x

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Hi Kas

I agree, about getting direct medical advice if you're worried. 

Ben was also very sleepy for about 2 days after his jabs, with the worst of this being the day afterwards.  He did take his feeds okay though.  But it was literally a case of wake, feed, sleep for 4 hours, wake, sleep feed for 4 hours, etc. and incredibly grumpy if I tried to keep him awake to play. 

Hope Callum's alright again soon. 

Love

Jayne x

·
Registered
417 Posts
Thanks everyone,
you can tell im a panicky new mum cant you?  didnt even cross my mind tocall nhs direct until it was mentioned.  Anyway i called and they reassured me that it was more than likely a reaction to his jabs.  They said that if he still refused his feeds last night then to contact someone, but thankfully he woke at 9 for a feed then fed 4 more times during the night ;) so knackered mummy this morning.  He seems much more alert today and has had his morning play and chuckle, now feeding again.  Did worry me though.

Lizzy I finally managed to look at Kitty's website, its truly beautiful and extremely moving, she,s a georgous little girl -those eyes!

Jayne, thanks for the offer with the pics, ive sent them to Tony, it keeps telling me my server wont allow uploads!

Going for some brekkie now.
love karen xx

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
HI Everyone,
I've been on the antidepressants now for six days and they've made a huge difference already. I can now sleep, my anxiety has pretty much gone, and my appetite has mostly come back ( so long crash diet  ;D - but I wouldn't recommend pnd as a way of losing weight  ;D). I still have flat and depressed times, mostly in the mornings - and I'm still adjusting to the huge change of being a mum.  I've been making a big effort to go our every day - today we went to the beer garden of a pub for lunch with friends ( its a public holiday in Australia). Jake slept most of the time.

Thank you all for your support. Will try and get to  know you more soon. Whoever said this thread moves fast is right, and there are so many mums on the thread.

Love,

Suzy

1 - 20 of 94 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.