Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New place to chat chat chat  :eek: :-X

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hi everyone,

Had twins weighed today, Louise now weighs 7 05 and James 6 04.
Dont think Louise liked the cold scales as she wee'd as soon as i laid her down  ::)  They are nearly only waking for one feed a night now.  I havent had a kip in the day for over a week now.  Long may this continue!!!

Sal - Thanks for the chat today.  You gave me some good tips, they didnt wake till 4.15 pm, which gave me and mum plenty of time to enjoy our pizza in peace.  

Cant believe its February today, where did Jan go??

Hope everyone is well

Susan xx

·
Registered
655 Posts
Hi all

Just wanted to apologise for not being on here much at the mo.

DH is often using the PC in the evenings to research jobs / do applications etc so don;t always get the chance to log on.

Then I have loads to catch up on so never seem to get to the posting bit!

No job offers have materliasied yet but DH still hasn;t heard about the 3 he's been for so far, so they could still come up trumps.

Toby is doing really well he can now say "mmmm" when I say what noise does the cow make, and does a sort of miaow noise for a cat, theres no "m" in it but it's kind of there!!!!  He's also learned to wave hello & bye bye, he suddenly cottoned on to it!

Lisa I have found recently Toby getting a bit bored with the same old meals.  I think it's quite common around the age of 1.

I have got some recipe books & going to try out some new things.  he doesn;t like being spoonfed much at the moment so need to find finger foods that will make a proper meal.

Tonite I tried a spanish omelette with mixed veg & cherry tomatoes & cheese.  He absolutely wolfed it!  And loved that he could do it himslelf (with help from Daddy).

I know the lumps thing is really common but maybe you cuold try some new finger foods to get his interest back?

Well just remebered I left a pan of rice on the stove, better go & sort it

lots of love to everyone

Vicky x

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
hi tweety pie
MIA is the same nearly everytime i get her weighed she wees its as soon as her nappie comes off and the fresh air hits her bits lol she had a check up at the hospital the other day and she done it again but this time it went all over her trousers which the Dr didn't move out the way  ;D
            love baby wisper

·
Registered
458 Posts
Just checking things out quickly before I sit down for Pizza and a bloomin good fight - sorry footie match ;D ;D Come on U reds!!! I could burst into song right now. i soooooooooooo hope we beat the ****. Can't stand that creep of a manager.

Amanda - OMG - you're profile piccie of Millie is amazing!!!! How tall is that girl - I am surprised anyone dare bully her in nursery she looks huge.

Jac - I can't tell you how peed off I am at that old cow arriving. I still don't know what we are going to do. Leave it to chance i guess and if nothing has happened within a couple of years - accept it is time to have the old op. Saying that, I will try to ensure I don't go on the rollercoaster again every month and really really try not to knicker check and date check - might just throw the calander out. Well - maybe not as it's a Brad one. See you Saturday love.

Vicky - Naughty you not being on here much ;D ;D. What are you like - you don't have to apologise!!!!!! All of us are up to our necks in it and this board (thankfully) has so many mummy's on it it is hard to keep up!! I made Jessica pancakes tonight with cranberry wenslydale and then honey and lemon as she has a sore throat at the mo. Just sucked all the juice off though and threw the rest to the dog ;D

Tweety pie -  ;DJessica has only plopped and peed on us a couple of times in 14 (nearly 15) months. Still there's time yet.

Elaine - why is it that window cleaners and posties always seem to catch people in the buff or in uncompromising situations. I bet they take some right funny stories home with them at night. If our postie saw me in the buff, I think he would hurl!!! I am DAMN sure he will never see my sat on a potty!! ;D

Jayne - thanks for sharing that one too ;D ;D ;D. Go to Ebay and check out my 49 lottery tickets ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D for auction - waht some people will bid on!!

Kim - how do you cope when Joe does that???? I would cry I think - oh god, I'm dreading Jessica going to school!

Kas - We webcam to my mum and dad in Australia - it's fab (even if the webcam light does cause a blinding reflection off my dad's bald head ;D). Hope you have lots of lovely chats with your friend. And your babies can chat too.

Lisa - Jessica went off lumpy foods for a bit and nursery said it was prob because she had a sore throat. Got her back on it with ripe bananas. Good luck - I get anxious re: Jessica's eating habits - I really try not to as I don't want her growing up with an eating disorder.

Gemma - i used to hate expressing - while some of the girls on here were getting ounces and ounces, I was lucky to get 2. I used to sit infront of the fire, boob in the grip of an Event expressor. Infact, that has just reminded me about the postie catching me with a boob out lodged in the expressor walking through the hall as Jay used to go out in the morning and leave the front door open and I used to walk around expressing.

Right - the family are back from Jay's mums and I'm supposed to have been out for Pizza - oooops!!! So I'm off to get Jessica ready for bed - early night hopefully or she'll have to wait until half time.

;D ;D She just came up to me, turned me 'round and said "lello" laughed and crawled off.

Bye

Love Angexxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
hi all
why is it that babies always wake up when your just about to have your tea
well MIA does anyway as soon as its brought in to me thats it ping ping eyes wide open and she starts playing up another cold tea for me  ;D it must be the smell  ;D does anyone Else's babies do this or is it just MIA
                  love baby wisper

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Omg ! Poor Eva....can you be alergic to Raspberrys ??? You must have been proper scared there for a while, hugs to you all and get well Eva xxx

Jac....Your such a name dropper ;D ;) !!  Put the phot's up if you get a minute :) xxx

Ange...She's not tall she's teeny ! Its just the camera angle make her feet look huge ;D  She's normal size really ;D

Come'on Eagles !! We need 3 points tonight desperatly, have to say we are wanting **** to win tonight, Ian can't stand ManU.

Millies a bit hot again today so I am on watch until Friday as I may have to cancel her measles Jab on saturday, I don't want to but they won't do it if the bubs are under the weather anyway so I hope she gets better soon, I want this jab done asap :)

Loads of love all
Amanda xxx

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Ok serious catch up from me required!

Ange - how you feeling?  Love your story on your false nails.  Me I don't think I could handle them!  Did you let the boss know about the fact he had "relations" with the successful candidate........ did it just slip out at some point in the day  ;D  Reading on, sounds like you gave him a wonderful send off.  Think your wish of the game going your way is going to be granted!  4 v 2!!

Vicky - how is dh's job hunt/interview trail going?

Karen - lol at your oldest and her RADA entry?  ;D   Did you work out the milk problem with your youngest?  Much love to you and the problems with your parents.  Think you are doing a fab job and only you and Rich know your children best.

Sam - bet it's lovely having a new fridge/freezer!  Glad the twins are both doing well and piling on the weight!

Imogen - really lovely to hear from you and Rupert.  He could only really be called Rupert couldn't he, your little Roo!  Glad you got through what sounds like a rough time.  Love his photo's.

Jules - glad you and Katelyn are both OK!

Gill - tots time sounds brilliant, think we have a wacky warehouse near us!

Flakey - funny when we come out of swimming, I haven't done hair, makeup or anything, more concerned with getting Chloe sorted!!!!  I still wear my maternity swim cossie cos I'm waiting for my boobs to sort themselves out when I stop b/f before I buy anything new!  How are the twins thrush now?

Karen - how's your nephew?

Lizzy - so you draw as well as do photography, very talented!  Hope you aren't shakey now, although I wouldn't be surprised if you were, some people shouldn't be allowed to drive.

Flo - gosh you did incredibly well with the b/f with Ben.  Much respect.  Are you and Ben  both OK?

FC - swimability, sounds good!  

Jac - gosh (((((((((hugs)))))))))) to you and your friends relatives.  How you feeling?  I too have visions of Jaqson bum shuffling!  With all the stuff that's going on here it's really strange but I feel really calm about it all, what will be, will be!  (((((hugs)))))) again for the old witch arriving.  How's your stepfather?  Great news on the Venture pics!  Chloe loves the fimbles and tweenies!  10 blimey girl, thought I was bad with 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D  LOL at Jaqson and Rowetta!  Glad Jaqson is good with the inhalers.  Clark was really bad asthmatic when younger and as he grew he refused the inhalers and now doesn't need them!  Strange boy -Clark not Jaqson!  :)

Susan - glad you had a good time with the MIL and that Louise & James are both thriving.

Fee - how are Max and Mabel and Laura without her soother?  :)  ^reiki^  ^reiki^

Jayne - glad you've been taking some you time, how you feeling?  Pics in the gallery are fab.

Queenvic - lovely to hear from you.  Maizey sounds adorable.

Kim - hope your pc is better soon and your back with us.  Glad you were "able" to leave Joe at playschool.  :-*

Elaine - haven't you got a maternity exemption cert to not pay for prescriptions or is Scotland different?  How's your lumpy head now?  :-*  Great post on dealing with the "time out" situations. mmmmmm lovely karvol breath!!!  Hope Eva's OK!  LOVED your story on Jackie!  ;D  Flippen heck on Eva and marshmallows......... not good.  Love to you all.

Amanda -did you get the gorgeous Millie a new coat?  Love her new pic!  Hee hee at the maltesers and nose rubbing and tea drinking!  ;D  Hope she's OK and the measles jab can go ahead.

Sara - how you feeling now?  Got rid of the lurgy?

Zoe - welcome to you and Mason!

Clare - have posted to you on rainbows.  Are you OK?  Where you off to in Cornwall, we go Dorset for Friday to Monday and then Cornwall from Monday to Saturday!

Gemma - you and Thomas will find the right time for a routine, when it feels right for you both.  Chloe and I are only just getting into one now.  Although she's always had a night routine, I've b/f on demand for her.  Now though she is having an afternoon bottle and she's on solids so there is more routine to the day!  You may find that first thing in the a.m. is the best time to express.

Camilla - lovely to hear how you and Isabelle are doing!  Wonderful sentence you said about the momentous occasion!

Kas - love your new avatar photo!  :-[ at the window cleaner!  Sounds like your doc is just taking care of Callum.  Wonderful news on your friend in Holland.

Lisa - get well soon.

Vicky - love Toby noises! 

Baby wisper - lol at Mia.  Think lots of babies do it!  :)  Goes with the territory!!!!  ;D

Chloe has learnt raspberries, hysterical, she really concentrates.  Sits there with her tongue out making noises and then looks really pleased with herself!!!!!!!  Lots going on here,  can't go into just yet but will  hopefully by end of the week!  We are off on our first holiday on Friday.  Really looking forward to it.  5 of the nct couples (including us) plus babes are going for the first weekend (farmhouse with indoor pool, jacuzzi, sauna and games room), then 3 couples are  going onto the second place (converted granary on a working farm) down near the Eden Project overlooking the Fowey Estuary.

Spoke to the farm owner last night and apparently they have friendly farm animals........ can't wait to see Chloe's face!  :)

It's going to be interesting though.  Clark sold his estate car as part of the old business last week. So we are going in mine.  Think it's going to be fun trying to load the car!

I cannot believe my little malteser is now six months.  Where does time go.  I've been thinking about her first half year and cannot believe how much she has developed and how much we adore her.  Miracles are so precious aren't they? 

Love Sue
xxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Hi there......hope everyone's ok. i think i had what Sara had....been sick, :(

Jac ~ so sorry the witch arrived.....was hoping there would be good news there. Hugs to Jaqson with the asthma.....thers loads of good drugs to keep it under control now. Can't wait to see the pic of him and Rowetta :)

sueL ~ aw, you're going to hasve a fab time.....it'll be great for the babies too,

Elaine ~ ((((hugs)))) Glad eva's ok.....v scary for you thoiugh,

Hope evryones ok......big hugs to all,

Lizzy xxx

·
Registered
458 Posts
^bow^ ^bow^ ^bow^ ^bow^ROY KEANE IS A GOD!!! ^bow^ ^bow^ ^bow^ ^bow^

Yahoooooooooooooo!!!! ;D

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
Hiya All

Its all chat chat chat on here isn;t it !!!

Gemma - nice to see you on hear... watch out the weeks go really quickly !! Your Dr may not be too happy about going to slimming classes so soon after pg - I mentioned it to mine and she ws not happy at all even though I am overweight and I am not b/f

Camilla - Hi to you too glad to hear you are enjoying helping at the parentcraft classes.  As for Gina Ford I looked at it for a laugh !

Jac - sorry to hear AF arrived not nice - hugs to you and Chase.
Good news about the piccies though !

Elaine - it is not uncommon to be allergic to certain types of fruit.  I know people who have to have all fruit cooked before eating.  Excema is so horrid for them and such an indicator of potential allergies.

Kim - Joe will get there with playgroup - they are little devils at knowing what makes you feel at your worst.

Kas - hope everything goes OK at the pead and it really is just a hyper Dr.

Susan - great weights on the twinnies - weeing is soo funny but not when it goes ont he clothes and up the back !

Vicky - Toby sounds like he is coming on leaps and bounds !  Fingers crossed for DH and his job hunting

Sue - hope you have a fab holiday !!  We are going to Deveron which is near Truro and Falmouth area apparently its very lovely.  I saw a Sunday Time article on working farm holidays down that way and they look fab.  I cannot believe malty is 6 months !!!

As for me a very stressed but quiet day - DH and I had words yuk ! but we are OK now.  We are both just very very tired not helped bythe fact no matter how tired I am I get 2nd wind after the last feed hence this post at stupid am !!  Well today the car got its MOT and tax HURRAH !! So back to 2 cars. Did the weekly shop how exciting and then when Alex went to sleep I unplugged the phone and had a 3 hour kip on the sofa - how good did I feel after that.  Well tomorrow I have my first acupuncture session sice Alex arrived and I am so ready for it as my excema has been bad since she arrived so this should sort it out.

Take care all

Clare

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
Just found out why my excema is bad I reckon  :mad:  Just had a bath with Alex in mild and gently Johnson's baby bath and my arms are covered in a red rash  :mad:

Grump over

Clare

G

·
Hi

sorry no personals as i am just nipping out to collect my new car which DP has bought me!!!! i complained that he was never romantic and all i wanted was a bunch of flowers occassionally but he had to go one further.

i am finding it more difficult to keep up with the board as Ellie is so alert now and just wants to play from the minute she wakes up till the minute she goes to bed.  She cut her first tooth on monday and she is so happy again it must have been really bothering her. she was weighed on monday and has put 1lb 7oxz on in 3 wks she is now 18lb 8oz.  i just sit and look at her in awe!!!

i will hopefully try and keep up

love
donna x

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
ohh Elaine - what a scare with Eva. Hope she's OK and that the piriton hasn't meant she's asleep all the time. Bet it was the marshmallow then if she's had raspberries before.

Clare - poor you. Has it calmed down today? hope so.  Midwives at our local hospital say that Johnstons is the worst and not to use it - so much for the adverts eh?  We've always used Infacare - but now my GP says that can be irritating to excema too. Nothing to suggest, sorry

Jac - Jaqson is a lamb about his inhalers. I've got a drama queen too - so I can just imagine LOL!

Hugs to everyone - no news really but enjoying reading about these lovely bubs

Fee x

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just a quickie....

Sue....have a wonderfull holiday, its all sounds gorgeous. Please take loads & loads of photos of Chloe's beautiful face so we can see her reactions :)  Enjoy yourselfs !

Well done Chloe on the raspberry blowing....did Daddy teach you that  ::) ;D !!

Love us all
x x x

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Hi all

Jac - It's good that you've now finally been able to have a firm diagnosis for Jaqson's asthma.  At least now it can be controlled to stop his wheezing and coughing. 

Elaine - Scarey time for you with Eva!  Glad she's okay.  Sounds scrummy though what you were giving her - love those teakcakes too  :)  I was just about to post about the egg white in the marshmallow, and wondering whether it could be that, but read too late, and you'd already said about it  ;D  Hopefully the allergy testing will provide you with more info. 

We can't use Johnsson's products in this house either.  I always come up in red, raised blotches, and it plays havoc with Jack and Ben's eczema.  I think if you can use Johnsson's products and not have a reaction, then you'll probably never have an allergy  ;D  Nasty stuff to sensitive skin! 
We can only use Surcare washing powder and fabric conditioner too - although I'm okay with other fabric conditioners.  Really miss the lovely smell of comfort too, but it has to be all unscented stuff or the boys just flare really badly. 

All this talk of allergies - I'm an allergy queen!  ;D  Got it all - asthma, eczema, hay fever, and the odd food allergy thrown in for good measure here and there too (mostly to whatever colouring it is they put in cherryade  ::) ).  I often wonder what it'd be like to go about day to day life without having to worry about certain products, and not having to take daily medications.  Can't imagine it though. 
My hay fever eczema are fortunately relatively mild though (with hay fever being worse than eczema), and both were adult onset.  Asthma is my main pain - had it all my life, but am pretty good at keeping it under control now and don't wheeze or cough at night at all (or in the day come to that!).  Just get's to my chest soooo bad if I get a cough/cold. 

My dh did the same as Clark with his asthma inhalers, in that he just stopped using them once he was an adult and then never needed them again.  He thinks I can do the same, but I've tried loads, but I just end up with uncontrolled asthma, wheezing and risking a severe asthma attack that'll land me in hospital risking respiratory failure.  Difference is, his asthma was lots milder I think - I was ventilated as a child because of an attack where inhalers and oral steroids weren't touching it, whereas he's never had anything like that. 

The boys have both inherited eczema - Ben moreso than Jack, and I'm really keeping fingers crossed they don't develop the asthma and hayfever.  Both are really easy to keep under control with modern day medicines, but it's such a pain having to dose up all the time and take care with allergens that are around in every day life, like dust mites (an asthmatic's worst nightmare!), grass pollen, smoke, etc.

But, enough of my allergy waffle, back to personals  ;D

SueL - Holiday sounds lovely  :)  Funny about Chloe learning to blow raspberries  ;D 

Ange - I know NOTHING about footy.  Was it the result you'd hoped for?
LMAO at your Ebay lotto tickets  ;D  Hope you make a mint  ;D  But bet you get about £9.00! 

Amanda - Hope Millie will be okay for her jab on Friday.  I'm pretty much ready now for Ben to get his MMR, and think I might try and take him next Tuesday afternoon. 

Lizzy - Sorry to hear you've been sicky  :(  Hope you're better soon. 

Sue - How's you and Iestyn doing?  Haven't heard from you for a bit. 

Ummmm, sorry, can't remember anything else - just too much info to take in with all the  ^gossip^ 

Hope everyone else and bubbs are all well.

Love

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Hi all

Hope everyone is doing well.

Susan - yep, my two do the peeing thing on the scales too. Everytime!!!
Jac - Wow, Rowetta. Excellent!!!
Elaine - Really scarey. Must be a nightmare when you are weening. Do you know what it was - the raspberries or t-cake?
Baby Wisper - Im sure babies can smell tea. Mine seem too kick off everytime I sit down and think, mmm nice cuppa tea.
Sue - Their thrush it getting better but I think it is still quote painful though cos they are still crying loads. V.jealous that Chloe is blowing raspberries - I have been practising this with the girls for a couple of weeks and nothing. Just blank staires and a few smiles  :mad:

Had a couple of hossy appointments this week. Scarlet is being scanned for reflux and is now on a milk called Enfamil to help with her sicking. They may medicate after the scan but the milk has certainly improved it. Had a phone call from Great Ormond asking when Phoebe could go in to her MRI scan. I freaked a bit cos I didnt know she was gonna have one but there you go. She's having just about every scan going - chest x-ray, abdominal scan, skeletal oncology (?). It's all just precautionary at this stage and at least they are being thorough. After the MRI scan we are hoping to be hospital free for a year.

Roll on the summer. I am getting fed up with all these grey days!!!

Flakey x

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Hey all.... :)

Flakey ~ i hope all Phoebes scans come out ok, must have been a shock for you if you weren't expecting it.....good on them for being thorough though. Roll on summer indeed :)

Donna ~ lucky you....what car did you get? I don't even get flowers :'( Well, not v often!! Congrats Ellie for her first tooth :)

Ange ~ i take it you beat Arsenal then. Bad Man U.....upsetting gorgeous Thierry like that, maybe i shoud go round give him a cuddle to cheer him up ;D

Jayne ~ wow you've got a lot to put up with. DH is like that too....some foods will just set him off but he's got his asthma fairly under control now

I had a bit of a day.....this bug has wiped me out a bit, its flared up my crohns too and i had a session with the counsellor which was heavy and i balled all the way through. Its quite common for crohns to be linked to problems with letting go of anger.....anyway thats all a bit moody, actually i feel a lot better for going and DH made his cure all chicken soup which is always a bonus ;D

Kitty's lovely......she chatters like anything at the moment, MIL has taught her to do 'round and round the garden' and when i say what do bears do, she puts her hands up and growls.

Hope you're all ok,

Much love, Lizzy xxx

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Hi

Lizzy - get well soon  :-*

Elaine - how did you get on with the h/v today and Eva?  How is the gorgeous girl today?  I asked if you got mat exemption cert cos didn't you say you paid for some prescription or stuff from a chemist or am I totally going  :-[  Ahhhhhhhh my niece is allergic to egg white, can't even touch it, makes her skin go.

Clare - glad you and dh made up  :-*  Glad you are back mobile again.  We are down to one car at the mo and it makes you realise doesn't it!  How was acupuncture?

Donna - now if my Clark came home with a new car for me I'd be happy too!  Your model Clarke sounds lovely!  Ellie sounds wonderful!  Chloe is still weeny (14lb 11oz at 6 months!!!!!)  ;D

Fee - how you doing in the 2ww?

Amanda - have to say I taught her raspberries!  ;D  It's my evil side!

Jayne - poor you with your reactions ((((hugs)))).  Dn't stop using the inhaler!

Flakey - good luck for Phoebe's scan and hope that Scarlet and the reflux calm down.

May not be able to get on after tonight and then we go away until 12th so take care all.

Love Sue
xxxxxxxx

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi girls sorry i know i sound stupid :-[  but what does BF mean? I looked on the words and meanings part and it does'nt say.

Oh and flakey our babies share the same birthday  ^spin^ how cool is that ;D being able to say that.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.