12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home mums

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Hi everyone

Jayne - have a good time tonight ;D

Jac- have a lovely day tommorrow, give big kisses to Jaqson from us x x We let Amy sleep in our bed for a few hours last night, she woke up crying with teething pain and when we cuddled her up in our bed she fell asleep so we all snuggled in, I cannot imagine what Carol and John are going through but they have been in my thoughts all day and pray that some good news is coming their way.

Well yesterday I started back at work, and it was fab ;D Didn't think I'd feel like that but really know that I've made the best decision for both of us. Amy loved nursery - the lady said she was a joy and hadn't stopped laughing and smiling all day. They stuck to my routine and so I'm happy with her care.
At work i did a bit of customer service refresher and they sent me home at lunch time. Said not to bother sitting in traffic on Monday or Tuesday just turn up at 10am!!! Fab and that's it for next week only 2 days!

Jules - got to do 6 days refresher - one on one training, redo my exits at Air 2000 and then do my SEP reccurent at the end of July! If I'd have waited another month or so I'd have to do the whole 5 weeks with an initial course!!!!! So glad I've gone back now couldn't bare the thought of 5 weeks listening to SEP and away from Amy every day in that time!

Got my rosta for Aug and off for 7 days so got 3 flights ;D Hee hee - still got summer at home with madam. Am also entitled to take a week before Oct so gonna take a week in Sep and just do 3 in that month too.

Right off to bed - had a headache since Tuesday and it's getting heavier by the day.

There were some other people I wanted to reply to from the other thread but can't think at the mo as my head is pounding - so sorry if I've missed you out x

Have good weekends everyone
Love sarah x x

·
Registered
148 Posts
Morning all

Jayne - hope you had a good evening and not too hungover this morning!!! I can't remember what a hangover feels like as the last drink I had was back in July last year!!!

Jac - Hope today goes great for you. Looking forward to hearing all about it!!

sarahc - So pleased for you that work went well and that Amy was happy at nursery - that must be a big help to your peace of mind!

All is well here - Lilly has just slept for 8 and a half hours - her record so far!!! We couldn't believe it this morning although my boobs felt like rocks!!!

I have a quick question for you all. We have her jabs on Wednesday and currently only have a cheap digital thermometer. I am wondering if we should buy one of those ear thermometers. I am worried about post immunisation fever and am wondering if they are more accurate. Some people say that the digital one under the arm is just as good. What have you guys found? Would be interested to hear.

Hope you all have nice relaxing Sundays.

Kazza

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hi Girls.

Better hurry here as maizeys screaming the place down up stairs! Dh is there but hes a very deep sleeper!.

Kazza - Hehe thats a bugger when they sleep all that length of time and you wake up and your boobs are solid!! its realy painful is'nt it, you might find now she is getting into a sleep patern now :) Maizey started off like that, she now sleeps from 10pmish to 4.30am right through, shes been doing this for over a week now, so my milk supply does'nt overgorge during the night anymore :) The thing is she is awake all day and shes one of these babies who cant just lay there, shes has to be taken out or something hehe. Anyway seems like your doing well! Yeh Maizey has her first jabs next week, so I best get a thermonitor too, My friend told me to start giving them Colpol each day so there toped up for the jabs, I dont know if I should or not ??? Anyway take care, Lilly looks gorgeous there!

F.c - Thata not very fair they wont let Tarnia see her nanny :( she must be realy upset about that. Thats great shes nearly sitting up on her own :) before you know it she'll be walking! Well anyway hope your nan gets better soon!.

SarahC - Good to hear work went well for you, and the nursery went well too :) Im not looking forword to going back atal to be honest!, Well dont work to hard ok.

Well I did say this was a quick one, but Maizey has gone back to sleep ::) but I best go and bath her anyway as she weed all through her nappy lastnight.

I just feel so much better now that Im just waking up to feed her once during the night, I feel much more alert with her now :)

Well best be off now, will speak to you all again.

Take care everyone.

Love Vick xXx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Afternoon ;D

Had a really good time last night. I did manage a bottle of red all by myself, but because we had food at the same time and it was a decent wine, I didn't seem to have a hang over at all this morning, which was nice ;D Also, that bottle was drunk over about 6 hours, so not too bad really :-\ ;D

FC - OMG! How thick am I! What's melba???? ??? Is it peach melba? If it is, then I would assume it's okay from 4 months. Not sure though ???
Hope your nan continues to make a good recovery, and she gets to see her great grandaughter very soon.

Sarah - Glad all went well with your return to work and Amy enjoyed chreche ;D You sound very happy with your decision - fab ^thumbsup^ If we have to work then it's best we do something we enjoy, I say ;)

Kazza - I did buy one of the ear thermometers for Ben and found it much easier to use than the digital ones, which I had used for Jack. Basically because the one in the ear is done in about a second, but the digital one under the arm takes ages, and if it's the middle of the night and baby is sleeping and you want to check every hour or so, it's a right pain. But in saying that, if Lilly gets a temperature you'll know anyway without a thermometer as she will feel really hot to touch. It's really obvious when they get one that's particularly high. Of course they may not feel too hot if the temp is mild, but then if it's mild it's not such cause for concern anyway. As for Calpol, recommendation is to give a half dose (as stated on the bottle) about half an hour before the jabs and then as necessary afterwards, but only every 4-6 hours and not more than 4 doses in 24 hours. Other remedies to bring down a temperature are to strip baby off to a nappy and sponge with tepid water. You can then also put a fan on baby whilst being sponged witht he water. Fingers crossed though Lilly has an easy ride with the jabs and doesn't need anything. Jack was lucky, in that you'd never know he'd had anything. Ben reacted a bit by getting grumpy and sleeping loads for the 2-3 days afterwards. Bit of calpol sorted him out though. Medised is also great for helping them at night, as it's paracetamol and an antihistamine which causes drowsiness and helps them sleep. The antihistamine in it is also great when they have a cold as it dries it up a bit. Ben has a cold at the moment and Medised is working wonders for him at bedtime. Lots of rest for everyone ;)

Vick - I'm pretty sure Calpol doesn't build up like that in the body, so definitely wouldn't recommend it. It's just liquid paracetamol at the end of the day. I'd just go with the current advice of a small dose half an hour before the jabs and then afterwards if necessary. Hope all goes well with the jabs though and Maizey's okay afterwards. I hated jab time with my boys, it's something you never get used to :-\ Would so much rather they stuck the needles in me instead.

Love to all.

Jayne x

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hiya girls,

Jayne - Medised just seems to make Jessica totally hyper. She is teething really badly now - all her bibs are soaked within minutes and I have given her three doses since 7am this morning. She slept her normal sleep at 9.30 for half an hour. No kip before lunch, a quick 40 minutes at 3pm and she hasn't had her kip before tea. She's tired now - so am I for that matter. It's been hard work keeping her entertained too as she's crabby with her teeth.

Did anyone elses' bubs have a swollen cheek when they were teething. Jessica's mouth looks swollen on one side - her lip is dragging down on one side but I can't see anything obvious - I'm a bit worried about it.

Can't stop - mum just said she's falling asleep so I'm going to bath her, give her some boob and then an early night. I'm away on jollies tomorrow so wont be on for a week. Take care everyone.

Love Angexxxxxx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Hello Girls :)

Hope you are all well ?? Just a quickie for the moment to say Hi and catch up more over the next couple of days properly. Back from hols yesterday, had a great time, fantastic weather...fantastic bbq's from Ian! and Millie had a very happy time too. She waves now and is crawling a little...still no teeth but a very cheeky laugh to melt my heart :) and she has been eating for europe....cant wait to get her weighed she seems to have gotten so big all of a sudden ;D Spainish baby food comes in double the size jars of the uk ones and she has been having two a days some days....must be tastier then ours too ???

Praying for Carol & John since I got back.....bloody bad news and so un-deserved on a lovely couple of people :(

Sorrys its quick...hello to Jac...Angie...Suemj...Jules...Jayne and lovely Fee ;D

Chat soon
Amanda xxxx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Hiya Woppa ;D

Sounds like you had a wonderfull time today at Jaqson's nameing ceremony....thanks for the update ;D

Hope you and Eva are well ;D

Love Amanda xxxx

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Dear Millie

It's great to have you home ;D and Mummy too, of course! ;D

Sounds like the holidays were absolutely fantastic ... can't wait to see the photos. Hope there are lots of you learning how to crawl along with your toothless cheeky grin! ;)

Tootie seems to have been growing loads too and making my tummy very big. :-\ Or maybe, that is all the chocolate I have been eating? ::)

Loads and loads of love and hugs to you and Mummy
Auntie Dee and Tootie
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
;D ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Auntie Dee........ ;D

Can we have a tummy photo in the gallery please x x x x x ;D

·
Registered
655 Posts
Hi Peapods

Kazza & Vick good luck with the injections!!! I have got an ear thermometer too, it's really excellent cos it's so quick and non-invasive, and although quite expensive I reckoned it was an important buy cos will be used for many years probably - I've even taken my own temp with it!!

Amanda, gald you had such a lovely holiday, where in Spain exactly did you go, was it very baby friendly?!

Ange sorry to hear Jessica not good with the teething...

FC Tarnnia sounds like she's loving the weaning!! In the last couple of days I have just given a little rice mixed with lots of milk to Toby. I know it's a bit early but he is very ready for it - constantly sucking hands, dribbling, ravenous, feeding every 2 hrs during the day, etc. He absolutely loves it, can;t get enough, took it all down - none dribbled out hardly, and roared with laughter after every mouthful. This is going to be fun, I can tell!!! What's Tarnnia's favourite food?

Yesterday I went to a works BBQ in the rain, nice to see some of my workmates. Today went to North Norfolk with my Mum & Dad to see the barn which we are going to stay in for a week at the beginning of August. It belongs to some friends who have just bought it and are letting it over the summer - if anyone wants a big family / friends holiday at the last minute (it sleeps 10) then it is still available for some of August. It does cost quite a lot - wouldn;t really make sense unless there were 8-10 of you, but if there were, would be a lovely holiday. It is called manor farm barn, check it out on

http://www.thegreatescapeholiday.co.uk/

All my family are going - 2 sisters, their partners & my nephew, & Mum & dad - hopefully Mum will have had her op by then so we are really looking forward to it, especially in the circumstances.

Well hope everyone has had a good weekend,

lots of love

Vicky & Toby xxx

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Hey Millie,

Has your Mummy been talking to Auntie SueL?
She was "nagging" me yesterday! ;D

LOL
Auntie Dee
xxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Welcome home Amanda, Ian and Millie ;D Glad you had a lovely holiday ;D

Love

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Hiya

Just a quick one!

Hope all of you are having fun with your bubs?! ;D Sure you are! Love reading your posts! ;D

Welcome Home to Sue MJ - think she's back today! This time she should be back for awhile, don't think she's got any more international jetsetting ideas for a while planned!

Dee - have to say, I haven't spoken to Amanda since her return from holiday! So her request for a bump photo wasn't a nurtured idea from me!!!!!!!! ;D Pure fluke, honestly!

Love Sue
xxxxxx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Auntie Dee

We wanna see it !! We wanna see it !!

Love Millie xxx

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Hi guys!!

Just a quicke, Neale's cooking tea and it's nearly ready!!

Amanda - WELCOME BACK - I missed you!! Hope you had a great time!!

Jac - I know it was Jaqson's Naming Ceremony this weekend, hope it all went well! I bet it was really lovely and very emotional.

Sarah - Hope the training is going well!!

I'm sooooooooo excited, we have just booked a few days away to EuroDisney in October, just before Katelyn's Birthday, she's going to have breakfast with Mickey as a Birthday treat!!!!! Can't wait!!!! ;D She LOVES Mickey Mouse too!!!!!

Right, dinner's ready, will catch up with you all soon
Love Jules xxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Awwww, just had a good old nosey about the gallery. All the pics are fantastic ;D

Amanda - Love the pic of Millie crawling. How clever is she ;D I was impressed that Ben can now manage to sit up all alone for unlimited amounts of time, and although he is starting to pull his knees under his tummy, crawling looks a long way off! Girls are definitely more advanced than boys ^chuckle^

Love

Jayne x

·
Registered
655 Posts
Hi all

Jac hope you are recovered from you busy weekend, and that it all went well, look forward to hearing all about Jaqson's special day.

FC, wow, you have been busy!!! I have made up some batches of stuff for the freezer in anticipation, today I tried a little bit of pear mixed with milk...it seemed to go down well! I also want to go swimming with Toby but all the Mum & baby sessions are packing up for the summer holidays, so I might wait til September.

Jayne you know lots of them don;t ever crawl now, so maybe Ben will be a bottom shuffler instead! I am a bit :mad:becos I took some lovely pics of Toby on his tummy with his head held up (only started to do this properly in the last few days) and the memory stick seems to be corrupt and DH is trying to sort them out but I think I've lost them :( Was hoping to upload them but now seems will have to get him to pose again!!

Jules Eurodisney sounds fantastic, what does having breakfast with Mickey involve?!!

SueMJ & Iestyn, the globetrotters return?? Hope all's well, & you had lovely times.

SueL not long to go now, can;t wait for you to be joining us here!!!

Deborah hope you are feeling a bit better? You sounded very :'( last time you posted.

Well I have seen Carol & Johns further sad news, I am heartbroken for them, can;t imagine what they must be going through right now.

I have felt very tired today, and a bit down. Had to go tearing into town to the solicitors this morning & Toby was not in the best of moods today, got very tired as he wouldn;t sleep properly in the pushchair, then after we got home he cried himslef to sleep at 1.30, then woke at 2, and was grumpy all afternoon. I am also worrying about Mum, and then there's the fact that we will soon be homeless. We have a "sold" sign outside & everyone keeps asking where we are moving to & the more I say "well nowhere, at the moment" the more worrying it becomes...!

But at the end of the day I count my blessings. However hard things get with fretful babes and other stuff, we are all so lucky on this board.

Love to everyone today, hope you're all doing well

Vicky xxxx

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hi all

just a quick one.

I am trying dream feeding for the first time tonight so will let you know how I get on. I put Lilly to bed at 8pm after her 7.30 feed and am just going to try to dream feed her at 10.30. Can't see how it will work but I am trusting the Baby Whisperer who says that they will feed whilst asleep and not need burping - I'll tell you tomorrow!!!! Has anyone else tried it?

Had my first 'first time mums' group today so it was really good to get together with some others and to hear that they are all going throught exactly the same things as us - wind and colic seemed to be the number one problem!

VickyW - sorry Toby was grumpy today - bet he will be all smiles again tomorrow ;D

julesuk - Disney sounds fab - bet you can't wait - her face will be a picture!!

Everyone else - hope you are ok - catch up with you all soon

Kazza

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hi

Me again ;D Well the dream feed worked!!!

I fed at 7.30 then did the dream feed at 10.20pm and then she next woke at 4.30am after that feed it was 7.15am. This is amazing to me!! I couldn't believe that she can feed whilst asleep but it was great.

Lets hope it works again tonight!!! She has her jabs tomorrow so that might mess up my fantastic new plan but lets hope that it won't.

Have a great day everyone - it's lovely here but the forecast for the rest of the week is terrible so will be having a nice walk with the pram later.

Byeeeeeeee

Kazza

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.