Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home Mum's.

GOOD LUCK SUE
^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Hiya

Just nipping across to say nice one to Sue! Didn't realise that you were worried about your FSH results but really glad the consultant wasn't worried about them and wasn't worried about Dion's "vial"! OMG can't believe you're gonna be back on the rollercoaster!!!!!!!!

Fantastics, wishing you lots of luck

(By the way, is there ever going to be a time when we can BOTH have a drink? - alcoholic ) !!!!!!! ;D

Love Sue
xxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Thanks Woppa! Think we can have one at Stratford!!!

Love Sue
xxx

·
Registered
509 Posts
Sue - Congratulations on your appointment today!! ^clapping^ ^clapping^ ^clapping^

I look forward to following your progress on the way to a BFP!!!! ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Love Sara and Joseph ^daisy^

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Awww, Sue, that's wonderful news. I'm so pleased for you. Had a little tear in my eye when I read your post. I'm glad it looks like treatment is going to be straightforward for you, and that you can go again when you wanted to. Feel really excited for you, and keeping everything crossed that it's first time lucky for you and Dion and that Dion doesn't need any further ops.

GOOD LUCK! ^spot^

Jac - That's such a sweet story about Jaqson giving love - bless him. The babies cinema club sounds brilliant. Glad you all had a good time ;D

Sara - I think your mum would be incredibly proud of the job you are doing as mummy to Joseph :-*

I bath Jack and Ben every day and have done since birth. I don't think they really need it every day, but found it easier to dunk them in the bath than top and tail. It's also been great at getting the bath, feed, book, bedtime routine in place, and then once you have that sorted you can manipulate it to bring bedtimes forward.

Vicky - Well done on Toby's 8 hour sleep through. I hope it continues for you. Makes such a difference to get some decent kip in!

Amanda - I was singing those quotes in your post. Love it ;D Nick Junior and CBeebies is on constantly here. More background noise most of the time, but Jack loves it, and Ben's pretty happy to watch too. I think things like the Boo Bahs (drive me mad though they do) and Tellitubies are definitely enjoyed by really young babies, and then other things like the Tweenies are so colourful to watch with lots of singing and stuff, babies can't help but take notice. It's all fairly educational stuff these days too, with lots of opportunity to talk to your child about it and join in, so I don't really limit how much they watch. Besides, it's really handy when I need to clean the bathroom ;D

Woppa - Will have to give those Tesco's nappies a go. Have always used pampers up until now as I imagined shops own would leak, but might try them and see how they go.

Thanks everyone for the good luck wishes for my mum on Tuesday. I assume once she tells the docs about this new patch of skin then she'll have a biopsy ASAP. Will let you know how it goes. It is worrying, but all in all, we're not worrying too much right now. Did all that when she had the one on her leg and it turned out to be easily treated, so trying to focus on that mostly at the moment, and hoping this new area is going to be the same. Just wish she had said something about it sooner. 6 months is such a long time to wait :-\

Okay, off to Bristol Zoo tomorrow. Can't wait. Jack's so excited about going on the coach and seeing the animals, and so I'm really excited for him. The weather forecast for tomorrow isn't too bad either, so should be a good day.

Love

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have a lovely day Jayne and Jack.

I want to take Joe to the zoo cos he loves seeing and does impressions of monkeys and elephants. Its so funny and cute.

love Kimx x x

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awwww Jac that must have been awful for you to go through. Am pleased you were able to spend time with your son. But cant imagine what you were thinking at the funeral. ^cuddleup^
Glad you got it off your chest. I can understand your reasons for how you organise everything just right but no way do i think your a b i t c h .

Love Kim x x x

·
Registered
148 Posts
Mornin'

Jayne- hope the trip to the zoo goes well - the weather is nice on the south coast today - i hope it is with you!!!

Jac - the cinema idea sounds great - I have heard that a few places do that and have asked my local cinema if they would consider doing the same but they 'don't have any plans at present' - it's a shame as it would be fun I think.

VickyW - hope you enjoy your get together on Sunday!!! Also, well done on the 8 hours sleep - you must feel great!

SueMJ - great that your appointment was so positive - good luck fot starting the process again!!

Well, I have had an exhausting 36 hours.. Lilly had her 8 week jabs on Wednesday - it's been horrible. Poor thing was in real pain on Wednesday evening and her little leg was so swollen. Even with the calpol on board so hardly slept as everytime she was dropping off her body jerked and woke her up. Apparently this is a normal reaction to the vaccine (wish we had been warned about it though as she was really jerking dramatically and it scared me).

Yesterday she was so weak and kept wimpering as she obviously felt horrible and she just wanted to be held all day long. She looked so pale and just not her normal pink giggly self.

She has had a good nights sleep though (still asleep now!) so I am hoping that she will be back on form today.

Really not looking forward to the next lot - I was so paranoid about keeping her temp down and checking on her that I have barely slept at all. I hope she is ok with the next one as the dose is increased isn't it?

Have a great weekend everyone.

Kazza

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
OMG SUE !!!!!!!! I can't believe you are going to be pregnant again very soon!! ;)

I'm very sad to say that I definately won't be your cycle buddy this time around :(

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!

Love Jules xx

·
Registered
290 Posts
Sue Congrats on you appt!! Cant believe your going through it gain! you must be very excited etc! All the best to you - and good luck! ^reiki^ xx

Hey Kazza, Maizey had her jabs yesterday! I felt awaful when they jabed her she made this realy painful cry, I felt so guilty - even felt like crying myself!, but after a few mins she just went to sleep, she looks so tense for a while though, gave her some colpol and seemed to of calmed her, shes been abit niggly but she has'nt screamed the place down, she slept as normal too, all babies react differently though, I was expecting no sleep atal, but it was fine :) Shes napping right now - which she useually dont do ??? maybe the shock of yesterday ??? Anyway hope your little one settles down ok, realy horid thing to put them through - but has to be done eh. Take care xx

Hope everyone else is doing ok.

Love to all of you.

Vick xXx

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Jac,

Thank you for sharing the experience of the very sad loss of your son with us - I am so glad that you stuck to your guns and got some time with him, but am horrified at what you were put through with regards to his funeral.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to make the best of important occasions - marking them in the most appropriate or meaningful way to/for you and just because you like to be so organised, does not in anyway mean that you are a B I T C H. I'm glad that you have been able to put reasons to why you behave as you do sometimes - though I think you've probably been far too critical of yourself in the past.

Girls - thank you very much for all your support and best wishes for my forthcoming cycle.

Before I had Iestyn, I often used to think (dare I say it) that people who had already been successful, for should count their lucky stars and not be greedy wanting more.................. Easy, until you're in that situation.

I was thinking about this yesterday and can not believe how totally naieve I was. My desire to have another baby is so strong - in many ways, I feel it is even stronger than before I had Iestyn, the reason being, until I had him, I only had 'expectations' not really knowing what it was like to be a mum, to experience being pregnant etc..... but just knew that's what I wanted, no matter what.

Well now I have Iestyn, not a day goes by when I don't still consider myself to be the luckiest person alive and couldn't possible be more grateful or appreciative of what I have - BUT, I now know what it's like to have been pregnant, to have my little one, to feed him, bath him, clothe him, love and cherish him and watch him grow up so fast - every moment is so precious - So now, selfish as it may seem, I have such a strong desire to experience more.............. That said though - if I am unsuccessful, the hurt will be strong - but I will have my little man to always love and cherish and by no means will that ever be taken for granted.

Sorry if I have offended anyone or seemed insensitive, that is not my intention - I'm just stunned myself as to how strong that desire is.

Jayne - hope you've had a fab day at Bristol Zoo, spending quality time with Jack.

Lilly/Vic - it's horrible when they have their jabs isn't it. I'm glad I've now got a good four/five months at least before Iestyn needs anymore jabs.

Oops, little man just woken (typical - he's only had about 20 mins sleep all day!).

Catch you all later,

Love,

Sue xxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sue

My feelings exactly.

Love Kimx x x

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Dear Jac

God, what a sad story :( Wish I could give you a huge cuddle cos I think I would cuddle you if you told me the same story face to face. Must have been awfull for you.

With all my love
Amanda xxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Woppa
I had this problem and was told they had to be 16. It may be different in your area but thats what they said here.

Love Kimx x x

·
Registered
655 Posts
Hi everyone

Jac thank you for sharing the story about your son's death with us. It must have been dreadful. The things you have gone through in your life, no-one would ever blame you for wanting to be in contorl of things! Heavens I am nearly as bad, wellknown in my family for being a right bossy boots, and I have not had to deal with anything like that type of heartache. You are one strong, brave woman!!! Saying a little prayer now that there may be a glimmer of hope for you b4 you have to sort the fibroid....

Kazza, sorry to hear Lilly was so off colour with her jabs. I gave Toby two doses of calpol with his second lot, six hours apart, as that is what he appeared to need. I think you would be safe to give a second dose if necessary with her next lot. Hope she's feeling better now!

Jayne hope you ha d alovely day at the zoo - love to see some piccies of Jack having fun!

Sue MJ - wahey, good on you, back on the rollercoaster....wishing you so much luck! I think everyone on this board understands your feelings about trying again. I am not sure whether we will ever try again, if it was up to me then we would, no question, as I would love Toby to have a sibling close to him in age, but I also have to consider Neil is now 44 and inlcuidng Toby already has 3 children - perhaps it may be asking too much!!! Having said that I got the bill for embryo storage through today form Bourn, we have 1 blasto embie left, and have to decide what to do with it. It has already been frozen once so I think the chnces of even defrosting successfully are slim...but I just can;t bring myslef to agree to discontiue storage at this point.

I think if we were serious about trying again we would go for a new fresh cycle with the rest of DH frozen sperm, but...

Toby didn;t qquite manage a repeat of the 8 hours last night, but I am ever hopeful.

Can I just ask, how much solids do you think he ought to be having at this stage? He is only 16 1/2 weeks, and he is wofling down everything I give him (AM 1 icecube of pear mixed with 1 icecube of formula, and PM one heaped teaspoon of rice mixed with 1 icecube of formula). It seems to make up quite a lot and I am worried he is having too much, but he never turns his head away - he just sits there giggling & opening his mouth like a baby bird!!! And he has not cut down on his milk at all, either.

Also, he has had 3 very dirty nappies today (smelling highly of fermented pear...mmm...hope no-one's eating right now!!!). Previously he only had a dirty nappy every couple of days. Is this normal when you start weaning?!!!

Right, I'd better go & read the last few posts of the previous thread now :p

Speak later,

Love to all

Vicky xxx

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Hi guys!

Yup, me too in the middle of Big Bro!!! So just a quickie to say hi!!

Some of you have been talking about the strong urge for another baby, I have that too and sometimes get very down about it, I just so wish I was with a man who wanted what I want! If he did, then we would too be 'trying' again, I daren't bring the subject up with him again as it would finish us completely this time I'm sure! I just have to be happy with my precious little girl, I'm ok at the moment, not quite sure how I'm going to be when she's 5 or so, what if the strong urge comes back again like it did before I had her?!

Saying that though, I know that I am so lucky to have her, and when I do feel the strong urge again, maybe I can just give myself a good talking to, I really only ever wanted one child, never really saw myself with more, but I think Sue has hit the nail on the head in what she says about the whole experience being so wonderful and wanting to do it all over again.

Anyway, that's enough ramble from me for the mo, Big Bro is back on, so I'll be back later to check on the rest of you!

Love jules xxx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Hiya Girls....... ;D

Had a brilliant laugh & I mean BIG laugh in the bath tonight with Millie.

Bought her today 4 bathtime toys from Mothercare that squirt water when they are full...... Omg !!! Did she laugh or what.....I was crying with laughter squirting her and she was laughing so hard cos I was laughing.....it was infectious ! ;D

For about 10min's we were mates having a right laugh....not mother & daughter....just mates....bloody brilliant....cant wait for bathtime tomorrow ;D

Just filed me with a heart fit to burst with love for her, we are so so lucky :)

Anyway...Off tomorrow to Ian's parents for Millie to meet her Great Grandmother who is 97 for the first time, her name is Amy and is all there I can tell you ! :eek: really nice lady.

Anyway.....my friends, have a lovely lovely weekend and speak soon

Laughter !!
Amanda xxx ........bring me sunshine ;D !

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Vicky,

I wouldn't say you are overfeeding Toby at all - if he is eating what you are giving and appears to want more, then try more - it is very much a case of trial and error at this stage.

With the type of foods you are giving at the moment and very little quantity I wouldn't expect him to really cut down on his Milk - this will come more so when you advance onto three meals a day, with deserts etc......... You may be surprised just how quickly you will be giving him three meals and increasing quantities.

Woppa, I'm sure I've heard of other people having children as Godparents - I agree with Jac, as there is no legal issue with it, then go for it. This is a very special occasion and having read Jac's story today about her son's funeral, then I think you most definately have to stand firm and have what you want.

Catchya all later,

Love,

Sue xxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Ahhhh Amanda, how lovely!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like you had a great bathtime with Millie tonight!!!!

I too have a little squirty thing for the bath for Katelyn, it's not even a proper bath toy, just a small plastic 'thing' with a hole, I must take a trip to Mothercare tomorrow and get her some proper squirty toys!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

Lovely to have you back by the way!!!

Love Jules xxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Amanda,

Loved your bathtime post!!!

Iestyn has those toys too and has burst of laughter when I squirt him - the problem I have now is that he tries to grab the toys from me and I tend to end up more wet!

Happy Laughter!

Love,

Sue xxxxxxxxx

P.S. Hope you have lots and lots of fun 'seeking' a sibling!

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.