·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home Mum's

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hi all - I thought it was about time I did a catch up. It's great to have so many people on here now although difficult to keep up with everyone.

Woppa and all the other new mums - great to see you posting on here - it brings all the memories back!!

Sal - great to hear from you again and glad all is well with you - what a special day your wedding/christening must have been!

Barbara - what a clever boy Josh is. I find it much easier with Hannah walking rather than crawling especially in the good weather when she's outside. Hope you enjoy your holiday.

Vicky - hope you find a house you like and the move goes smoothly. I think it's best to move when they're quite small - we moved when Hannah was 8 months and although she was crawling she wasn't nearly as inquistive as she is now - I could see now that as I packed a box she would unpack it!! As ours was a relocation we had the removal men do all the packing which was a godsend!

Deborah - poor you with Max's sleeping - I thought he might get better once he started moving around. Do you go out to mum and toddler groups, swimming etc - I find these usually manage to wear Hannah out. Don't really know what else to suggest.

Congrats to the others who are sleeping through. Generally Hannah is pretty good now going down without a murmur and sleeping 11 - 12 hours. Trouble is when she does have a bad night it really does you in!!

We're fine - off on holiday to the Isle of Wight on Friday so hope the weather improves. Looking forward to spending a week together just the 3 of us - most other breaks recently we've had grandparents around as well.

Hannah is changing weekly now - it's scary how fast she's growing up. I could fill pages with what she's up to - some of which is really cute - like running up to me with arms open wide saying Mummy, Mummy - and some of which is naughty like pulling up the plants I'd just planted. She's getting better at keeping herself entertained for a short while which is a great help!!

Hi to everyone else - there's too many on here to mention everyone but I do try to keep up with all your news.

Love Celia & Hannah

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Hi all ~ can't find time to do long posts at the mo but i hope you're all ok,

Sal ~ Congratulations ^smlove^

Jules ~ b*gger, i missed your birthday but i hope you had a fabulous day, full of love and pressies ;D

Lizzy xxxx

·
Registered
509 Posts
Morning all!!!! :D

I know what you mean about the weather Jac.

We are having a little get together back at our house after Joseph's christening. We were hoping to open up the house and use the lounge, conservatory and garden. Now we may all be stuck in the house!!!!! The weather is awful here again today - its like being in a monsoon.

Well I have to go to hospital today for a kidney scan and a full gynae scan(whatever that is!!!). I don't really want to go out in this nasty weather.I hope all turns out ok.

Congratulations to Sal - what a great day. A wedding and a christening! Fantastic!!!!

Touch wood, the SMA white seems to have worked again last night for Joseph. He slept from 11.45pm until 4.30am and then went down again after that feed.

I mentioned the inland revenue yesterday. They say they have never recieved Josephs birth certificate so won't process his claim. Dad had to go and get me another 1 yesterday which cost £3.50! They now refuse to refund the cost. Needless to say i have started to write a letter of complaint!

Well Joseph has just woken up so i will have to change him and then let him have an hour or so under his gym.

Hope everyone else is ok and the weather is better where you are. To make things worse my back garden gate has blown of its hinges, so not only i have got to let 2 dogs out in the monsoon, but i have to try to make sure that they don't run off!!!! NIGHTMARE!!!!

Bye!

Sara and Joseph ^daisy^

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hi everyone

I have posted a couple of times on this board but haven't really had time until now to officially say 'HI' ;D

Lilly is now 6 weeks old and although we are suffering with colic things are going well. It's so hard to see her in so much pain but as many people have told me - it will get better!!! I tell myself this several times a day.

I have been reading your posts for a few days - it's nice that there are babies of all ages on here as it gives me a real idea of what the future holds for us! ;)

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all. I have already asked a few questions and no doubt there will be plenty more for all you experienced Mums. I seem to have a new worry every day- lol!!!! - Lilly hardly ever sleeps during the day AT ALL which worries me but then yesterday she slept all afternoon and then that worried me - I expect I will be worrying now for the rest of my life!

Better go and see how she is doing.

Hope you all have a good day!

Karen and Lilly

·
Registered
509 Posts
Just a quick question - hope someone can help.

i am going to take Joseph swimming next week with my freind and her little girl. I have bought him a swim nappy but do i need to get something for him to sit in /on???? or do i just move him around in the water myself??

Any advice would be very helpful - thanks.

Also Joseph is having real problem with trapped wind. He doesn't burp wind up very much any more, it just all comes out of the other end!!! Sometimes he cries for 40 mins and you can tell he is in real pain trying to get it out. I have just bought some gripe water - will this help? Any other ideas.

Went for my scan and the sonographer said that as far as she could see everything was ok. I have to see my consultant in about 3 weeks for the results to be discussed in detail.

Speak later

Sara ^daisy^

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Oh i'm sooooo peeved, my laptop's off being fixed and DH's has just lost my psot!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad:

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
OK!

Jac ~ wow, your boy's a fab eater :D Not sure about the milk but sounds like he's doing really well. I loved the Fathers Day pic of him with Chase......gorgeous.

Deborah ~ good luck with the sleeping, not fun being exhausted. Maybe the crawling will start to wear him out a bit......?!

Karen ~ welcome to a world of worry ;D Don't worry too much about the sleeping, i remember Kitty was quite erratic....sleeping a lot one day and then nothing the next.

Sara ~ good news with the scan, hope evertthings ok.

Oh, i'm glad the wind has died down a bit, we're having our loft done so we've only got half a roof and i sat up until 1am listening to the wind flapping the tarpaulin, half expectiong it to take off.......spoooky! Can't wait til it's done though...Kitty can finally have her own room.... Oh, i'll miss her when she's not in with us! She's doing really well....seems to like my cooking :D and she's 14lb 11oz now which is fab after our blip when she lost weight.

Hope everyones ok....we're off over the road to watch the footie at friends,

Take care, Lizzy xxxx

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Hi

Well got Anthony weighed today and he weighs 16lbs 10oz. No wonder I have a sore back!!!!

We are definately going to get a new car seat at the weekend. There is no way the car seat we have will fit him when he is 20lbs!!!! Aparently the one Elaine is talking about can be used rearward and forward facing.

Anthony still really dislikes been given a bath. Has anyone got any tips on making bath time more fun. I had tried everything, he is too big for the baby bath. I bought a swivel bath chair but he really isnt sitting all by himself just yet!!!

Jac- your little man is a fantastic eater, hope he stays that way and doesnt become fussy!!! Bet your glad to get your car back now.

Lizzy - You will be glad when you have finished the loft. Its a pity the weather has changed. Anthony has been sleeping in his own room for ages now. He gets a better sleep as Alan snores!!!!

Elaine - that will be nice to meet up soon. I look forward to it. Hows your little ms whippy getting along!! Hope you didnt have to wait in all day for the midwife today.

Deborah - sorry to hear you are getting some sleepness nights, there is nothing worse than interupted sleep and being continual. Hope Max gets to sleeping through the night soon.

Celia - Hello, thats great that Hannah is sleeping so many hours, long may it continue. Hope you enjoy your holiday.

Hello to everyone else - Going to watch the footie and make my bottles up now.

Speak to you all soon.

Lots of Love

Lisa
xx

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Just got back from my friends ~ Kitty wouldn't settle so i left DH there. Home 5mins and she's fast asleep in her cot :D

Deborah ~ i use the Simple sun lotion on Kitty and she's been fine with it. I avoid Johnsons stuff as i used a wipe on her once and she came out in the most enormous rash instantly. Well done with the sleep....fingers crossed for tonight ;)

Lisa ~ not sure about the bath....i guess you've tried toys?! What about going in with him.....good luck.

I think i've got my AF.........either that or possibly endo coming back, hmmm.......not sure yet!

Lizzy xxx

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jac

Joe didnt like much milk at that age so i gave him yoghurts for desserts to increase his milk intake. Jaqson is a great eater. Joe preffered solids too.

Love Kim x x x

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
OMG! So many posts to catch up on :eek: Don't know where to start :p Right ..............

Car seats - As far as I know baby should remain in a rear facing car seat until (s)he is 9 months old or exceeds the maximum weight for that seat or his/her head pokes over the top of the seat. Leg length is not relevant. Before 9 months of age, baby is more vulnerable from an accident as back and neck strength is far weaker, and a rear facing seat supports the back and neck in a straight line better than a forward facing seat.

We bought a Britax second stage car seat for Jack when he was 9 months old and will recycle this for Ben. Couldn't have been happier with it. My mother has a Maxi Cosy car seat in her car, and Jack could unfasten the harness on this by the time he was 18 months old, but he still couldn't undo the Britax one by the time he moved into his booster seat at 3 and a half.

Jac - Not entirely sure about the bases, as they weren't around when I had Jack and we just used the car seat that came with the travel system for him, and then for Jack. I think the bases are permanently fitted into your car and then you just clip/unclip the car seat in and out of that base.

FC - That's so lovely about your friend's baby walking ;D Not surprised she cried.

Sal - Lovely to hear from you. Congratulations on your wedding ;D What a lovely day to share with your boys. Celebrations all around ;D

Celia - Sounds like all is going really well with you and Hannah. Hope you have a lovely holiday.

Sara - Hope the scan results come back with good news for you. Sounds positive though from what the sonographer said :)
Great news that the SMA seems to be helping Joeseph sleep for longer. Hope it continues for you.

Karen - Hello. Welcome to babydust ;D It's true, you will worry forever :p You sort of get used to worrying after a while though - if that makes sense :-\ ;D Hope Lilly's colic settles soon for both her and your sakes.

Jac - Boy, Jaqson really is a good little muncher isn't he ;D As Deborah says, current advice is that babies should have 20 fl oz of formula a day until they are 1. I think this can be reduced though if calcium rich products are given in solid form or if milk/formula is used in cooking. No doubt with Jaqson eating so well, he's meeting all his requirements anyway. He definitely looks healthy enough to me anyhow, so I wouldn't worry ;)

Lisa - What a great weight Anthony is ;D Obviously thriving ;D
Not sure what to suggest about bathtime really. I've been lucky with my 2 and they've always really enjoyed being in the bath (or water of any kind come to that). Maybe things will get better as he gets bigger :-\ Hope so anyway ;)

Lizzy - Ahhh, it'll be so nice for you to get your attic done, and for Kitty to have her own room. Must admit though that both of mine went into their own room really early on - Jack at about 6 weeks and Ben at 4 weeks. I'm sure it played its part in them becoming the good sleepers they are too. That and a bit of luck ;)

Deborah - Bit of a spending spree going on there then ;D Excellent! Hope you have a lovely holiday. I'm sure you won't frighten anyone in your cossie ;D I can't use any of the Johnsons products on Jack. He had an instant reaction to them. And Ben's got such bad eczema, I can't go near most products with him. I have found that Ambre Solair Sensitive Factor 60 is fine on them both though. Stays on forever too ;D Quite glad I've been using a factor 60 on them now too, with the reports this week that loads of kids sunscreens aren't meeting the stated protection level. At least if they've had a 60 on, then it's more likely to be a 25, than if say they'd had a 30 on and it may only have been a 10. Think it's appauling that they're not naming the products either.

Got the day off from work tomorrow. Ben has his hearing test at 10.20 in the morning, and then we're off to Mothercare World as there's a half price sale on ;D Jack's spending the night with nanny tomorrow, so that means I get a bit of a lie in on Saturday morning as Ben doesn't usually wake up now until around 9.30-10.30 am (goes to bed at about 8.00 pm - fab!), and with Jack not here it means I should sleep in. You watch now - Ben will decide to start teething or something tomorrow night now ::) ;D

Did a load of cooking for Ben tonight. Made up some meals with chicken, beef and lamb, so going to see how he gets on with meat now. Also bought some baby sweetcorn, mange tout, sugar snap peas, onions (which I cooked in with the meat) and mixed peppers, and have pureed them (with small lumps still left in) and put them in the ice cube trays to freeze. Got to do lentils, apricots, cherries and nectarines tomorrow and then we're all stocked up for a few weeks again - unless he hates the meat dishes I've cooked for him and I have to start all over again :p He doesn't seem too fussy about what he eats these days though. Anything seems to go, so hopefully should be okay.

Did try him on some of the Hipp Organic 7 month jars through this week, and he actually ate them ;D So planning now to leave jars with mum for lunchtime on the days I work, and give him home made food the rest of the time. Looks like it was just the 4 month varieties he had a problem with ::) So pleased he's started having a few jars here and there. It definitely makes life easier.

Going to try and get Ben weighed when he goes for his hearing test tomorrow. Haven't had him weighed since he went for his last set of jabs and that's ages ago now. Dying to know how much he's gained. Still imagine he will be low on the centiles though, but he's definitely looking bigger. He eats well enough though, and so whatever he weighs and whatever centile he's on, I'm not going to worry either way.

Love

Jayne x

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Hiya!

Deborah.....have a fab time at centreparcs. You look georgous- you wont frighten anyone hun xxxx.

Hope everyone else is well.

Love

Jeanette xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi all,

Well finally managed to get back on here, but only with Thomas fixed to my boob as I type!

Great to see so many familiar names and to hear how well your "bumps" are now doing!!

Thomas is still a complete nightmare - feeds every hour day and night, won't lay/sit anywhere for more than a minute or two without wailing to be picked up etc. We have tried every contraption in mothercare plus every sound-producing teddy on the market to no avail! We are now waiting to see a cranial osteopath on the advice of our health visitor. A few of our friends tried it with their babies and all have hailed it to be a miracle cure, so I have high hopes!! I said to dh the other day that I now unerstand why God made babies so cute - to stop their parents killing them at 3am! (or 1am or 4!!). Had to do a promotion board yesterday on 2 hours sleep - not ideal! Still, I wouldn't be without him - must be insane.

Well gotta go as his highness needs his nappy changed. Hope to catch up with you all soon.

Take care.

Trish xx

·
Registered
458 Posts
Quick hello everyone,

I've not read back to catch up as I've got to go back to the previous thread page 7 or something.

Just wanted to let you all know that my mum and dad are hear - yipppppeeeeeee. Jessica fell asleep in my arms at the airport and was away when they walked through so it wasn't that overbearing for her. She has taken to them fine but does winge a lot if she is with them and I come in the room - playing me up I think. On the whole though - she has taken to them quite well.

I'll try and catch up properly later and will post some pics. Mum and dad bought me and Jay a super Sony digital camara so there's no stopping us. Does anyone know how you mamage to reduce the file sizes. Each pic is about 1500kb.

Love Angexxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hi all, I've just popped on to catch up with the posts.

I'm on pins today. My SIL's been in hospital for over a week with pre-eclampsia, so now they've decided to induce her even though she's not yet 35 weeks. She had 2 pessaries yesterday but nothing happened so they're trying again today. I'm half excited and half terrified, especially after what happened with my other SIL. So fingers crossed for a safe and speedy delivery!

Hope everyone else is ok. I love reading what everyone's been up to but Rebecca usually wakes up before i have time to post a message.

I'm back at work a week on Monday and am dreading it. Not cos of leaving Rebecca, i know she'll be fine, but i just don't know how i'm going to get up and organised on time. As well as that, i'm in the middle of organising her christening and can't believe how fast the days are going and i've still got loads of stuff to do!

Take care everyone
love Gill xxx

ps. Does the milk i use to make up Rebecca's cereal and baby rice count towards the 20 ozs then? I was worried cos she never finishes a bottle.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Hiya Mums

Gosh - heaps of gossiping been going on!

Fab to hear of all the wee achievements as the bubs get older - walking, talking, rolling, A level physics....LOL

Jac - I simply can't believe that Jaqson is already talking - at nine months. He's a star!! Give him a huge hug from me right this minute please, cos I'd just love to be able to do that in person right now!! Re the milk - we kept Laura on formula until 14 months, but mostly cos I wasn't sure about getting pasturised milk in France, so the timing wasn't great. We swopped onto pasturised full milk as soon as we got home and she didn't even notice the difference. The amounts sound fine to me - especially as he eats well.

Lisa - Sorry Anthony still hates his bath. Have you tried putting him and daddy in together?

Deb - Hi! Our Max is called Max cos he was the most (Maximum) number of cells! He was a great blastocyst in the end. But whether he'll defrost is anyone's guess. Max is also the name Laura has chosen for a baby brother - should we ever have one. AND it is the name of her boyfriend !

Sophie - thank you hun for the good luck wishes. Feeling a bit nervous as I get the old AF symptoms! Hope Christopher's weaning is going OK

Juels - LMAO - I'm just the same - go shopping for me and end up looking at girl's clothes, toys, I'll just pop into babyGap - oh and Mothercare whilst I'm at it. Next - nothing I like, but nice summer outfit for Laura!!!

Joshua - Claps for you, really clever wee man!!

Sal - the wedding/Christening sounds sensational. What a lovely way to celebrate all together. Hope we see pics soon. Moonfleet Manor is lovely isn't it!

I've been reading so long, must dash

Fee

xxxxx

PS - Jayne - thank you for your lovely post on "ask a health visitor" to me - bless xxxx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Hmmmmm, Ben totally bombed on his hearing test this morning :-\ They did 3 tests and he only passed 1. No reaction at all to the other 2 :( HV did say that he may not be developmentally ready yet, and so he's going to have a re-test in 3 weeks time.

The thing is, he had that newborn hearing test at the hospital when he was 8 days old and passed that with flying colours, so hopefully this is just down to it being a bit too early for him. Apparently he's just to interested in things visually. Also, HV did say that often where a baby has a sibling who is still young and making lots of noise around the house, this can affect how the baby develops with regards to selective hearing. So it could be that because there's always lots of noise in our house - and this is definitely the case when Jack's around - that Ben's just used to this now and needs to develop a bit more to pass the test.

Anyhow, will see how he does in 3 weeks time and take things from there.

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Oh, forgot the good news :) Had him weighed and he's now 17 lb 3 oz at 32 weeks. Still mid way betwen the 9th and 25th centile, but he's been following this line since he was about 8 weeks, so nobody's concerned there. He's just a lean baby. Perfectly healthy though (well apart from his ears mabye :-\).

Jayne x

·
Registered
655 Posts
Hi everyone

Loads to catch up on today!

Excuse me if I don;t reply to everyone!

Had a bit of bad news, my Mum got her biopsy results & she has a very rare malignant tumour ??? on her parottid gland (think that's the salivary gland, by her ear). She will have to have it removed, which in itself is risky because it is right by the facial nerve, so high risk of paralysis of facial muscles etc. Added to which obviously radiotherapy afterwards too. Feeling very :'( about it.

House hunting not going well either...not that I'm really too interested in it today. Will probably move into rented cos we don't want to lose the sale of this house, but still got some more places to see tomorrow.

Well sorry to be on a downer, Toby is very well and being a really good boy about being dragged around in the car all over looking at houses!

Hope everyone is well today,

Love Vicky xxx

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.