·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home Mummy's & friend's ;D

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Jac, - I just read your message on the last thread and just had to say - I am really broody too. I can't afford to try again yet though so will have hope for a miracle (once I am off the Anti D's next month that is)! I find myself craning my neck to see all the newborns as they pass in their prams!! Mind you how I'd cope with another when Kirstie keeps me so busy is a mystery ;D ;D - but if I'm blessed with another no doubt I'd find a way!! Your job sounds very demanding. Congrats to Chase on passing hhis driving test.

I hope all the new mum's and their little babies are doing well. Sorry I haven't been around much lately and haven't sent congrats messages etc but I am being kept super busy with a heavy workload at the office for my 3 day week and with a very active toddler - Kirstie doesn't stop ;D !!

I've put an up to date photo of Kirstie in the gallery for anyone who wants to have a look. She will be 14 months old next week. That reminds me, Celia and Lucy - How are your little toddlers doing? I bet they're keeping you on your toes!!

Love to all of you

Allie

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Jules - Have just registered on the Avent site, so will see what the postman brings me ;D

Ange - Please don't fret over Jessica not rolling over yet. She may never do it, but it doesn't mean there's a problem. Lots of babies skip some of the milestones on their way to walking. I think the calorie intake for a baby of around 6 months is about 500 calories (not sure though!), but really, I wouldn't worry too much about this either. The last thing you need to be doing is restricting/increasing Jessica's food to meet calories. Just go with her appetite and forget about it. So long as she's eating a healthy, balanced diet - at this stage of plenty of fresh fruit, vegetables, formula/breast milk and baby yoghurts then she'll be fine. She needs plenty of fats and energy to grow and once she's up on her feet and running around, all the excess 'puppy fat' (if she truly has any - she looks great in her pics in the gallery), will disappear with all the exercise and combined healthy diet. Just out of curiosity, are you weaning Jessica onto a vegetarian diet?

Vicky - Ben's nursery is around 24 at the moment with the weather being so warm - even with the window open, so I've put him in a 1.0 tog bag with just a short sleeved vest underneath and he seems just right like this. I think at 21-22, just a vest in a 2.5 tog bag would be fine, but I think I'd be inclined to go with a short sleeved one. I usually just unzip Ben's bag a bit from the bottom (very handy that Grobags zip from top to bottom)and feel behind his knees to see if he's sweaty or not before I go to bed, I also check the nape of his neck and chest, if I can get my finger down his vest without disturbing him!
Those night sweats are horrid aren't they. You've just reminded me of them, and that mine have finally disappeared. Think only in the past couple of weeks or so though. Hormones eh! ::)

Jac - Please pass on my ^congrats^ to Chase. How fantastic for him ^thumbsup^
Nothing wrong with feeling 'self absorbed' for a bit ;) You've got a lot going on at the moment, so it's not surprising you're feeling this way. I'm sure Jaqson's not off with you though. He loves his mummy to bits and pieces, so put that thought out of your head right now! (ooo errrr, was that a bit stern ;D - you know what I mean though ;) ). Babies and children, have a habbit of preferring one parent to the other all the time. The amount of times that Jack swaps sides between dh and I in the space of 1 hour is mind blowing sometimes! I can go from being the bees knees, to the dogs poo in about half a second flat ::) Now, behave on that one ;) Hope you're feeling brighter again soon :-*

Sophie - Hope your evening alone is going well, and Christopher is in the land of nod :)
Re the weaning, I have about 6 pots with lids on, and 6 spoons and about the same number of ice cube trays. With Jack I used the ice cube method until he was eating food that didn't need any pureeing, mashing, etc. and was basically eating what the rest of us ate. I just cook huge batches of food, freeze into the cubes and then bag the cubes and label. Then increase the amount of cubes I defrost as baby gets older.
Once Christopher is taking to solids well and is on 3 good sized meals a day (probably at around 6 months), then it's likely the 11.30 pm feed will just be dropped by him anyway. Ben only has four 7oz feeds per day now, and he eats baby rice mixed with fresh fruit for breakfast, 4 cubes of fresh veg and a baby fromage frais for lunch and then 4 cubes of fresh veg and a sieved banana for afters.

Talking of weaning, I was only thinking today that now Ben's 6 months, I think I'll dig out my baby recepie book and look for next stage foods. So far he's only had fruit, vegetables and baby fromage frais. Might try him on some wheat based foods now, like pasta, but think I'm going to wait a couple more months before introducing eggs, meat and fish. Did buy some of those baby rice cakes today as well to try him with his first finger food. Quite excited about giving him one of those ;D Just waiting for a quiet part of the day when I am alone with him and I can watch him and let him enjoy at his own pace. Everything's such a rush at the moment, and my head's a big fuzz :-\

Still haven't had a chance to catch up on posts over the rest of the site from whilst I was on hols. Dying to have a look in the gallery too. Did manage to see Kim's news last night before I went to bed though. How fantastic is that ;D Congratulations Kim ;D

Got a few hectic days ahead too, and I'm going to have an early night tonight as my eyes are stining. Going into town tomorrow to look for new clothes for work, and then on Friday I'm going to give the house a good clean, Saturday - Jack's got a birthday party to go to and Sunday the inlaws are visiting (can't wait!!!), Mondays and Tuesdays are always hectic for me with both children home most of the day, but I'm hoping that by Wednesday I'll get a bit of free time ;D All go eh ;D

Okay, sleep time for me now.

G'night :-*

Jayne x

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Just a quickie from me!!!!!

Got my AVENT package today too - yippee!!!

All very nice - especially for FREE!!!

Love Jules xxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Hi everyone

Jayne - glad you had a lovely holiday.

Jules - I got my package - thankyou for that

Jac - congrats to Chase - he must be really chuffed. Maybe he can convince Jamie to learn??

Had to read so many posts can't remeber what I read!! Sorry. As it's late I'm going to make it quick anyhow.

Amy is fine really showing signs of teething now and shuffling up the room on her back to find me - no point in putting blankets down anymore ::)
Work is going really well and I'm enjoying it, loving the sunshine this week, been to the park today with all the girls from Mother and Baby, got a piccie I will try and upload in the morning.

Right like I said a quickie
Sorry I haven't mentioned anyone personally
Enjoy the weather
Love sarah x x x

·
Registered
458 Posts
Well, here I am tapping into house work time again and I have friends coming round today too so I'll have to get on soon while Jessica is asleep.

Managed to scoot around a few other areas of the site last night and saw Kims good news ^thumbsup^. Also, there are 41 mummies to be on the 1st tri ;D ;D. That is just so fantastic.

I also had a read back over our 3rd tri list when we were all expecting and there are so many girls who haven't posted on here like Moosehoof, Bubblyshell, Chele and Heather and Fiona LK to mention just a few. I do hope they are all okay. On my waters have broke thread which I printed off, I just noticed that Kas was wishing me good luck at the very point Jessica was entering the World.

When I went to the piccies last night, I saw the teeniest baby who couldn't have been more than 3 days old - it just made me go all broody again. I think I miss being pregnant still too.

Jules - what is in the Avent kit? Is there any point me trying to get one with Jessica moving onto a feeding cup soon?

Sarah - I'm going to try and visit the gallery today so hopefully I'll catch your picture. How did slimming world go?

Jayne - thanks for the milestones reassurance. On the diet front, I had the biggest bag of salty popcorn last night at the piccies and a huge diet Pepsi. I had to pump and dump when I got home, 1 because my t*ts would have exploded before morning and 2 because the caffine content would have rocketed Jessica into space. Jay coped just about in my absence but managed to put her vest on back to front for bed!! Sounds like you're going to be a busy bee over these next few days - enjoy the birthday party.

Has Sue gone on her hols yet???? She's not been around for a while......Sue, where are you ???

Amanda - you've gone a bit quiet too mi dear - hope you're okay.

Sorry for not mentioning everyone else but I haven't checked back over the last thread.

Oh - just remembered - congrats Chase on passing your driving test first time - must have slipped the inspector a few quid, eh ;D?

Right, I'm off to the gallery - I have about 40 minutes to get brekkie, hoover, put the washing out and the next lot in, cut out all the bits out of my baby mags that I want and recycle the rest and clean the bathroom so I best bog off.

Love Angexxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Hey all,

FC ~ wooohooo, new car :D Don't worry about giving Tarnnia an extra bottle if it makes you feel happier about things. I'm at exactly the place with Kitty ~ last baby clinic she'd lost 3oz :-\ I felt so awful and have started to give her top up's during the day ~ I know it will affect my supply but i feel much happier that she's getting enough. I think you've done fab and she sounds like a v happy little girl....... :D

Ange ~ i occasionally hear from Bubblyshell on the ivf site and she and Alex are doing fine. I know what you mean about missing being pg ~ i was in m&p's the other day looking at all the pg ladies choosing prams. I got v nostalgic.

Jayne ~ welcome back from your hols

Jac ~ big congrats to Chase ;D

Well, Kitty has started weaning. She had baby rice for 4 days and today she had pear ~ she gets a bit of a face on but seems to be eating it ok. i'm still stuggling a little with the pnd but today was a good day ~ met up with my nct group and had a good old natter. Kitty was holding hands with one of the boys and pulling his shirt up ~ what a flirt, eh ;)

I'm going to go and sort out my hols now ~ take care everyone,

Lizzy xxxx

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Mel FC - you are not in any way a bad mum, you have done what you thought was best for your littlun and you've had the sense to get things checked out once you thought that perhaps things aren't quite right! Well done!

Love,

Sue xxxxx

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
FC - I had exactly the same thing - and once they start putting on the weight again you feel so relieved. Heaps of love, and hope things get better really quickly
Fee xxx

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Hi Girls,

Wow hasn't it ever been quiet around here lately - not like us mums to be short of a word or two! (time maybe is more the problem!).

I'm afraid my post is going to be rather short as I am extremely tired and really think I may be sensible for the first time in my life and go to bed in a minute. Iestyn has been having a good few terrible nights, getting me up every one to two hours screaming. I'm sure he must be teething - well I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and hope he's not just playing me up. But I am very much in zombie mode right now!

Just thought I'd let you all into my latest bit of news - I've taken the plunge and called my Clinic today regarding starting another cycle. I really just wanted to get things moving with regards to any blood tests that may need re-doing etc..., hopefully with my next af, before I go off on my hols and then to book in for a Consultation for when we are back from Oz and Corfu in July.

So I have details of which bloods they want me to have done (hopefully af will appear over the weekend or sometime next week!) and have an appointment to see my Consultant on 8 July, when he will scan me and talk through where we go from there (hhhmmm, i.e. the fact that we only have one vial of sperm left!!!).

The only thing that bothers me now is that I forgot to mention that I am currently still breastfeeding - so don't know if this will have an impact on the results of my LH and FSH levels. I would obviously stop breastfeeding before actually embarking on a cycle.

Now I've taken the plunge, taken that first step I suddenly feel really nervous, the memories that I thought were dim and distant and well hidden as to how horrendous this ICSI lark is have come flooding back - but I know I've got to get over this as I do so desperately want to try for a little brother or sister for my beautiful son.

Angie - yes I'm still here as you can see. We fly off to Oz a week on Sunday (and I have nothing organised as yet!). Thanks for thinking of me though.

Sorry I've just really talked about myself and not mentioned you all - I'm too tired to read through and do a proper post at the mo - hope you are all OK though.

Right, thats me, I'm off to bed now.

Love,

Sue xxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ohhhh Sue ;D ;D ;D......so exciting !!

Love Amanda xxxx

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Hello,

Sue ~ how exciting for you, i'm sure it must be v scary too though. Loved the pics of Iestyn ~ he's a handsome wee boy.

FC ~ you're not a bad mum at all. Since Kitty lost weight, I've spoken to loads of mums who've been through the same thong and all their babies are fine.

Kitty had pear again today and i'm thinking of cooking up a batch of potato tomorrow ;D I've got the Annabel Karmel recipe book and can't wait to do the nore exciting recipes ~ some of them sound lovely ;)

Have a fab weekend everyone ~ hope it's sunny again,

Lizzy xxx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Sue - That's brilliant ;D Can't wait to follow your progress through to your bfp later this year ;D That rainbow is high in the sky right now, and I can see it lasting some time to come yet ;)
Good on you for getting an early night.

FC (Mel) - You are not a bad mum and have nothing to feel guilty about. You knew something wasn't right, and took steps to make it right - that's a good mum thing to do ;) Lovely news on the new car ;D Fab!

Lizzy - Glad to hear Kitty's enjoying some grub. Isn't weaning so exciting. I'm really looking forward to moving Ben onto the next stage foods, ie. pasta, eggs, meat, etc. But am going to hold off for another month or so, then make up batches of things like chicken casserole, shepherds pie, etc. I've also started serving Ben his purees (well, slightly lumpy purees now) individually, as opposed to all mixed together, so he can get used to individual tastes of food, and then when I move onto other dishes. I might try him with some mushed up baked potatoe and baked beans tomorrow though. Wonder what he'll make of that ??? I know what his bum will make of it though :eek:

Sorry to hear you're still struggling a bit with the PND. Horrible isn't it :-\ I still have the odd really low day now and again, but they are much less and less now, with 99% being good days, and I definitely feel as though I'm coming out of the other side. I hope your good days soon outweight your bad days too ;)

Ange- I read back over that thread a couple of weeks ago too, along with my post birth congrats. Very emotional it was too :'( I'd love to know how some of the girls are getting on as well, and particularly how Chele and her little boy are doing, Laura and her twinnies, etc. I'd also love to know how Sam and little Freddy are doing, along with big brother George. Would love to see pics of all the little ones too.

Booked Jack's first trip to the pantomime today. Cinderella is on at the New Theatre in Cardiff at Christmas time, so I've booked us all seats for Boxing Day. I've also booked for myself to go and see something in July, it's a play called Dinner, with Stephanie Beecham, Gaby Roslin and someone who used to be in Eastenders. Really love going to the theatre, but haven't been for so long to see something other than a musical or a panto/kiddie type thing, that I thought I'd treat myself.

Right, off to do a letter now to my MP about banning hunting with dogs. I support the RSPCA with a monthly charitable donation, and they've recently written to people asking that individuals send letters to their MP's asking them to put pressure on Tony Blair to re-introduce the Bill in this Parliament. Apparently, individual letters are worth way more than a million names on a petition, so thought I'd do my bit.

Oh, talking of animals, forgot to say, that whilst we were on hols we went to a reptile place and Jack and I got to hold a snake for the first time ever. It was brill! Dh didn't take a picture though :( We could've gotten a certificate of bravery, but I thought that was a bit naff, so didn't bother!

Love

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Jac

Great to hear from you. Sounds like Jaqson obviously missed Mummy when she was away, I am glad he is settling back down now into his normal self :)

What is Chase filming today ? is it another film ?

And.....thanks for that....a scouse double ;D !!! lol

Have a fabby weeked xxx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, its only taken 6 months but......this is the first time ever I have had the house to myself without Ian & Mille.

I have a stinking cold and Ian has taken Millie to his parents for the afternoon....feels so odd...so whats the first thing I do ??.....log onto FF !! lol

Gonna catch up on some shut eye soon on the sofa and snuggle down with the throw with some chocolate ;D

Happy weekends all

Amanda xxxx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lmao Woppa !! ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^

So cute.....wait till your own Tigeress starts coming out with quotes like that ! Classic ;D

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
LMAO Woppa!!!!! ;D
Aren't kids great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last weekend, my darling neice - who now thinks she is a pregnancy expert ::) - demanded to know why sheep don't have scans! ::)

Enjoy your afternoon of peace and quiet, Amanda, and get well soon. xxx

Loads of Love
Dee
xxx
;D ;D ;D

PS - Jac .. me thinks Jaqson was in a little bit of a mood with mummy for leaving him - bet he is the same with Chase when he returns from his busy weekend away. ;)
Hope you and the little man have a fab weekend together. xxx

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hiya,

My computer is playing up something royal at the moment. I don't know if it's a virus or if Jay has been loading more cr*p games onto it and slowed it up.

Jac - I'm sure when Jaqson gets a lovely big snuggle up with you he will be just fine. sara is coming up to the North in July and I was going to suggest a meet up at the Trafford Centre for week beginning 12th July. Not the Thursday though. I'm still grumping about missing the meet in August - thanks to going away with the inlaws. Hope Jaqson is okay. Its really weird for Jessica too at the moment - I'm not sure if it's her teeth or hayfever or a cold????

Woppa - my friend's little boy has learning difficulties and was most shocked to see Jessica feeding. He asked what was going on and his mum told him that Jessica was taking milk from me to help hr grow. Now ever time he seems me he asks me if Jessica is going to drink from my udders again ;D. They are fab aren't they. The same little boy shouted up the table at my friends wedding just as the best man was about to give his speech 'Aunite Sam - how do you get babies?'

Amanda - Enjoy your choccie - it's very good for colds I believe ;).

Jayne - I donate to RSPCA through DD too but haven't had anything asking to write to our MP. Now I know though I will do. Is there any particular format they want us to use. Oh, and fab about the panto. I am TERRIBLE at things like that - panto, nativity plays and firework displays always make me choke up with emotion.

Sue - I read in a leaflet today that came through from Tesco's mother and baby club that BF on take off and landing can help bubbs ears pop and make it more comfortable for them.

Oops - Jay is just back from the shop with tea so I'll have to scoot and cach up later.

Love Angexxxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Just a quickie as I'm off to a Body Shop meeting in a mo - on a Sunday too!!! :p

Just had to tell you - just got back from Brighton, while we were there we bumped into (not literally!!) Paul McCartney and Heather with their little baby which is the same age as Katelyn!!!!! We just walked past each other, I couldn't help but keep looking back at them!! It's made my day!!! They have a house on Brighton seafront, so must be here for a while.

Love Jules xxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Just a quickie from me tonight - have to put some stuff up on Ebay before bed y byes ;D - Talking of which, I've just ordered a new matress for our bed as the one we've got came with the bed a couple of years ago (we got a king size ^sleepy^ ), but it's killing my back! Can't wait for the new, comfy one to arrive ;D

MIL and FIL visited today and once again, brought stuff for Jack, but nothing for Ben because 'he's too young to understand yet' :mad: :mad: Well, I couldn't resist but to comment that he may be too young to understand, but Jack is old enough to understand that he's getting stuff but Ben isn't! So, I said I'd put aside a few of the books and told Jack they were for Ben. No comment from the inlaws!!!

Anyhow, they'd been to visit BIL and SIL over the early part of the weekend in Carmarthen and they'd given them tadpoles to bring to us (no doubt MIL's suggestion). As if I need bl**dy tadpoles to take care of right now! Not as if we have a pond or anything! So, they're stuck in a bowl of water with some pond weed, pond water, 2 water snails, and a rock in the back garden. Did chuck them a bit of bacon rind earlier, but will go out tomorrow and get some food for them. Think they can eat goldfish food ??? Will find out at the aquatic shop though. Hopefully they'll soon develop into frogs and hop off to the stream that we have across the road from us :p Actually, I may go and put them in the conservatory overnight because the bowl's not coveed and the cats may get them! Dh is going to bring some wire or something home tomorrow to cover the top of the bowl. Poor things! MIL says, oh, don't let them rule your life, if they die, they die! Proves how much she knows me. I can't kill a flea!

Have put a pic in the gallery too of Ben in a happier pose in his bumbo. He actually quite likes it anywhere now. Think he was just too young for it before.

Love

Jayne x

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.