Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Home Mum's

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi everyone

Jac hope little Jaqson is feeling better.  It really does make you worry when they are ill like that.  I still have nights when I go in to check on Josh and I am down the side of the cot listening for his breathing.

The update on my little man is that having conquered walking he is now definitely progressing on talking front.  It is amazing how you begin to recognise words and dh keeps saying to me "what's he saying" - half the time you are going how I am supposed to know.  Well we can say the usual mumma, dada, nana, but have now progressed to juice (would know that wouldn't he), bye bye, hi ya and thirteen (it's the high pitch on the last one that he likes) to name but a few (oh and he says night night =, so cute).  We can now reach to open door handles and the window sills so all ornaments are now definitely going out of the way.  My neice wrapped him up yesterday in a blanket and had him flapping his wings like a bird and he just laughed and giggled away - bliss.

As he is now 15 months will be looking to his 18 month assesment - anyone know what they check here.  Am I right that they also get the start of the MMR at about 18 months (think we have decided as this can help prevent meningitis - the strain from measles - that we will be going for it).

Well girls must go - take care everyone - hope all the wee ones that are ill are feeling better soon.

Oh and by the way it is Pxxxing down here - some roads starting to flood but thankfully not as bad as yet as some places where you are (mind you the north got a bad flood yesterday afternoon)!!

Barbara

·
Registered
307 Posts
Well done Jaqson! What a clever boy!!!

I take it he's feeling a bit better.

I was reading all the posts about checking on bubbs to see if they're are breathing (cos i do it all the time! It was murder driving down to Cornwall cos she was in the back and i couldn't see her) and so i had to go into her room and have a peep. Usually i just stand in the doorway and watch but today I got the shock of my life. SHE WASN'T THERE!!! I dashed up to the cot and the little monkey had wriggled up to the top end and was lying across the cot, hidden behind the cot tidy. My heart didn't half skip a beat! i couldn't stop laughing then!

Gonna keep this short and sweet cos i've vowed to tidy my house today!

Gill xxx

·
Registered
260 Posts
this is just a quicky because, like Gill, I have set myself a few tasks while Ben has his nap!

Vicki - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY
Hope you have a lovely day.

big hugs to Jaqson and Anthony. Lisa I remember you panicking at one of our meetups in Edinburgh because you had come into contact with a girl with chicken pox while you were pregnant. That seems like a very long time ago now!!!!!

Ben - HAPPY OUT-AS-LONG-AS-YOU-WERE-IN BIRTHDAY with love from me and my Ben.
Congratulations on the crawling! Go Ben, Go!
We spent a few days with Deborah and Max at the beginning of last week and Max must have taught Ben how to crawl while I wasn't looking. We have some lovely pics of him trying hard on Saturday, but collapsing in a heap - then we have a movie of him taken on Sunday when he finally crawls across the kitchen (to chew my mobile phone). RESULT

Incedentally re-8/9 month checks, I wouldn't hold your breath girls. I was in and out in 15 minutes, my HV ticked boxes willy-nilly without actually observing Ben doing anything other than just about choke on the very small, dirty cube she put in front of him to see if he could 'rake' it. Ben  being Ben had it in his mouth in under a second and had me convinced that he was going to swallow it! Then she had the nerve to tick the "discussed safety issues" box!!!!!!!
Not impressed!

Barbara - Hi there! What a chatterbox Josh is becoming! Lovely the description of him being a bird - awwwwwwww. Tell me your house is all finished?

Hi to everybody else,

Flo and Ben
9 months today

·
Registered
307 Posts
Not started the housework yet, Jac! Just had a play with Becca, given her her brekkie, watched Storymakers and The Shiny Show with her, put her in her cot then come back on here!

Glad Jaqson's a bit better, but off his food!?! That is a shock!

Good luck with the fanzine. Rebecca's birth was supposed to be announced in the Wigan Athletic programme but they ballsed it up.

Flo - hope you're getting on with things better than i am!

Gill xxx

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jac

Could you send me the Elmo link please? Joe loves Elmo.

Hope Jaqson is eating well again soon. Well donr Jaqson on the poos.

love Kim x  x

·
Registered
307 Posts
Jac

Still not done a tap of housework! My friend came round and we nattered all afternoon!

Gill xxx

·
Registered
221 Posts
evening all,

vicki - happy anniversary, i can remember last year, and you went away to that hotel.

jac - hope jaqson is eating well soon

well every week the girls grom our antenatal group get together at someones house, today was my turn, and one of the girls came, she had her son 1st 20th jan and he started crawling last week, i can't believe it, madison is doing what i call her snail impression in her cot as she sleeps on her tummy and curls her legs up under her, then she stretches out and manages to get from the top to the bottom of the cot in no time at all, scary!!!

Can i ask, have any of you been to tumble tots or jo jingles i have put madison's name down as they can start at 6mths, but wasn't sure if she was a bit young.

Hope all of you are well.

take care

love shelleyxxx

·
Registered
307 Posts
Shelleyangel
Not been to either but our health visiting team have just set up music group called "Tuneful Tots".
It starts on Friday so i'll have a better idea of what it's like when me and Becca have been.

Gill x

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
hello all.

hey who a clever boy then jaqson............. wow 2 poo's
just down loaded that site and its well cool i have elmo fast asleep at the mo.

right ill post tom as just got in after looking after my friends kiddies so am knackard tonight and need to get ready for work tom.

xx

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Jac Joe loves it. I had to prise him off the pc tonight.

Love Kim x x

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hi Girls.

Well firstly congratulations to Vicki on her aniversary!! :) Hope you had a lovely day!

SueMj - Nice to hear you had a lovely time seeing SueL's little Chloe :) I bet she is Beutiful :) Seems like Sue is a natural mummy :)  Hows your Tx going? ( If you've started ) Hope you are well etc.

Jac - I bet Jaqson was realy pleased with the potty thing hehe :)  Erm whats Elmo? me thik I know lol.

Did anyone here start there babies on solids at about 3months? I just dont want to feel Im the only one, Well it has'nt done her any harm so I take it its ok, but she has a sweat tooth at the mo lol she only likes the sweet things not the healthy stuff hehe ::)  Shes doing well anyway :) think she could possibly teathing too as shes dribbling alot and putting her fist in her mouth alot, Ive noticed to her gums are quite hard.

Well I will catch up with you all later Ive been on here ages now faffing around! ::)

Take care all of you.

Love Vick xXx

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Hi everyone

Just a quickie as gotta have an early night, driving up to Preston tommorrow for a weekend with the folks, love them to bits but just know that my Dad will do everything he can to knock my routine out and be Amy's face all day every day! Never mind, was gonna come home on Tues but may make it Mon. Dad's already started about her slepping arrangements, he wants her in their room but if she waked he'll have all lights on and when I get back she'll still think it's playtime in the middle of the night, so said she was in with me and he started - think this weekend is time to lay a few ground rules - we're off on hols with them next month so would rather get the way I do things clear now than spoil our hols battling with him.

Last time I was there I could read your posts but couldn't reply, so hope evryoen has a fab weekend - praying for some nice weather.

Love sarah x x x
PS - went to see a 2 week old today - how gorgeous x x

·
Registered
509 Posts
Hi girls

Cant believe i posted a long post last night asking for advice on weaning , only to find it has not come up!!!!!! I was expecting loads of replies today!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have read the feeding link on here and lots of other books etc but am still unsure as to how much to feed Joseph at 1 sitting ( he is currently having 3/4 teaspoons). Also when do you move on to 2 meals a day, how much milk should he be having, how do you fit it all in with just 4 feeds etc????!!!!

Please help as none of this is helping my stress levels!!!! Fortunately he seems to love baby rice and has taken to it straight away!

For all those i spoke to in quiz, i have made an app to go and see the docs.Thnks for listening to my moan.

Sarah - if you log on again and would like to meet up when you come to Preston, i am around and very close so let me know.

Not up to writing much more.

Night all

Sara

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Flo - Hello.  Lovely to hear from you  ;D  Congratulations to Ben crawling too  ;D  Clever boy  ;D  It's so cute though isn't it.  I've decided that when we go on hols now I'm going to get one of those sun tents for Ben to spend some time in and put a beach mat out in front of that.  Hopefully the confines of that will stop him crawling off onto the sand too much.  Was really, really hoping he wouldn't be quite so mobile until we got back, but there we go  ;D  I suppose velcroing him to the towel is still an option  ^evil^

Jac - Glad to hear Jaqson's on the mend.

Love

Jayne x

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Mel (FC)

I am sending you lots of love and strength for today, your nan will going to a much better place and be at rest knowing that she was very loved and special, i think Tarnnia will have a very special guardian angel.

Hugs to you all

Mel

x x

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hi all

FC - My thoughts are with you today, wishing you the strength to get through it.

Woppa - Thinking of you also.

Sara M - Lovely to see you posting again! Missed you!

Jac - Have a safe journey to London.

Jayne - Love the velcro idea! It wouldn't be hard to stitch a strip to the seat of their pants, would it!

Sarahc - Have a good weekend here "oop north!" Hope grandad doesn't spoil Amy's routine too much.

QueenVic - I started Rebecca on solids a bit early too. The dribbling can be a sign that they're ready for weaning. Becca prefers sweet things too, she clamps her gums together if she's given savoury.

Well, i've nothing exciting planned today, just baby clinic, shopping in town and asda. Pixi photos are in Boots so i'm getting Rebecca photographed in her christening dress.

Take care everyone

Gill xxx

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Gill

I hope your photos come out lovely - we used Pixi foto's and were very pleased, have a fun day  ;D

Mel

x x

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hi peeps.

Jac - your probley miss this reply as your going way, but realy sorry I did'nt know who elmo was, the picture has refreshed my memory now!!! :)

Shellangel - sorry I missed you on here the other day! Glad your ok, Madison seems like shes doing realy well!bet she'll be crawling in no time! :) Hope you've had a nice break with your Dh :)  Speak soon. Take care.

Gill - Thanks for your reply :)  I never thought the dribbling could be a sign that there ready for weaning! I guess it makes sense though :) Anyway thanks again, Hope you have a nice day with the photo taking etc :)

Well anyway I feel abit poop, so I'll leave it there.

Hope everyone else is ok.

Love to you all.

Vick xXx

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Mel (FC)  Sending you lots of strength and thoughts today. I am sure your Nan will be watching over you and Tarnnia.

Woppa  Thinking of you Dougie & Eva today too.

Jac Hope the time in London goes quickly for you. i know you dont like being away from your boys.

Love Kimx x x

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.