Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New thread girls  ;D

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Hello!

Just a quickie whilst Katelyn has her nap!

Have heard from my friend, she says she is more 'positive' now!!!!!!! Bl**dy hell, you would think that having a baby would be sooooooooooo positive, and the happiest time of your life!!! I told her a few months ago that she could have a bag of baby-gro's that Katelyn has now grown out of and her baby bath (very sorry to see them go  :'(), so I took them over there today, didn't stay very long, just handed them over and left. Will be keeping my distance for a while now me thinks?! It's a shame though, as I was so excited about the new baby and Katelyn having a new playmate, maybe I will feel better about our friendship in time?!

Jac - keep me informed about the homeopathic remedy, it sounds very interesting. Still nothing with Katelyn  :-\ have been 'walking' her up the stairs everytime we go up there, she seems to put some weight on her legs then, also finds it very amusing!!! ;D She's rolling quite a bit now, so she's definately on the move more than she was!

She's also learn't to wave goodbye which is probably one of her first things she's done!!!!!!

Hope everyone's having a nice weekend?! We've just been out to lunch - yummy!!!

Love jules xxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Oh yes, and Katelyn's 7th tooth has arrived!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

xxxxxxxx

·
Registered
509 Posts
Hi all

Just a quick post whilst Joseph(yes asleep during the day!!!!! Unheard of usually!!!) ^clapping^

Met with SarahC and Amy yesterday - Sarah is lovely and so very slim!!!! Amy is a gorgeous little girl who loves yogurt and milky buttons!!!!! Joseph seemed to like Amy as he stopped crying when they were face to face!
Hope you get home safely tomorrow Sarah - look forward to swimming next time.

Well Joseph moved onto potatoes today - he was not to sure about them at first but then ate with gusto again. I pureed broccolli and cauliflower yesterday ready for this week. Then we can have them on their own this week and then combined.
I have frozen the veg - do i get the right amount of cubes out the night before to thaw or do i put the frozen cubes to heat up in the pan when I need them??? ???
When do you move on to 2 meals a day. If he is having savoury at lunch, does he then have sweet for tea or half and half at both sittings? I am so confused as everything you read gives different suggestions! ^confused^

Thanks for any advice

Hope you have all had a good weekend - we have been to Toys R Us to look at toys ready for Christmas!!!!! Eager or what???!!!!! ^surprise^

Hugs and kisses

Sara and Joseph
^daisy^

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Jules - 7 teeth and waving goodbye is fab  ;D  Well done Katelyn  ;D 

Sara - I'd say you could do either with the cubes of food - heat in the pan or defrost first and then heat.  I've always put mine straight into a sterilised plastic pot and then either stood in boiling water until piping hot, or put into the microwave (usually the microwave) until piping hot.  You can then leave to cool to a correct feeding temperature or if the puree needs thining, thin it with a little bit of cooled boiled water or baby milk.  I used to make up fairly thin purees and freeze, then once they were defrosted/heated up, I used to re-thicken with baby rice to bulk them out even more. 

As for the increasing meal times.  I started off by giving Ben lunch - say 2 cubes of a veg (sometimes the same veg and sometimes mixed, ie. parsnip and potatoe, and then a couple of weeks later a couple of cubes for tea, then a couple of weeks after that I added in some fruit for breakfast, then I started addin in deserts of something like fromage frais or fruit after lunch and then finally a desert after tea.  Then at about 7 months I started cooking up meat type meals like cottage pie, spag bol, and freezing them into cubes.  I also cooked up plain chicken, lamb and beef with olive oil and onions and mushed this down and froze into cubes.  Then I could just take out a cube of meat and mix with other veg, say a cube of potatoe, carrot, swede, brocoli.  At 9 months, Ben now either has a mashed form of whatever we're having for tea, or he has about 7 ice cubes worth of food at each meal time and then yoghurt or banana or something for destert after lunch and tea.  Breakfast is normally cereal of some sort - although I do still tend to stick to the baby orientated cereals/breakfasts as other cereals seem to have lots of salt in.  Even weetabix!  and personally I don't think it's any good for a baby of this age to have salt at all if it has been added.  I do give him plain porridge oats though, sweetened with banana. 

Hope that helps a bit  :)

Love

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
;D  Just sold my bumbo for £20 and a basic Mothercare winnie the pooh bouncer chair for £9.99 (local collection).  Didn't sell the nice lilac Mothercare padded, rocker chair though, but will try again  ;D  Auction for the moses basket and stand doesn't finish until next Sunday, as I ended the original auction early to make it local collection only.  It did have a bid, so I couldn't change it without ending and relisting, and then I did it for 10 days instead of 7.  I might be asking a bit much for the moses basket and the rocker chair, but don't care.  Don't want to sell them for pennies, so would rather keep them if they don't sell for what I want.

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jayne....thats great news ;D  well done

I madea killing on e-bay today.....I made a clear £310 profit from an initial investment of some goods I bought in a local store for £180.  Sold the whole lot to a bloke in Japan for £500 !!!  Think its safe to say I am very happy ;D  xxx

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
:eek: :eek: :eek: - OMG Amanda!!!!!!!!!!! Way to go girl!!!!!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Underwater swimming today was awsome....the photographer said that Millie looked and performed beautifully under water ;D......we were sooo proud of her.....he said she was smiling under the water and that the photos will be good ones.....cant wait ! ;D

I didnt perform very well though...could not go under the water without holding my nose and had to smile at the same time...so I just looked like I was drowning with loads of bubbles coming out of my nose....oh well ;)  And I forget my costume and had to borrow one...lol !!

Anyway....looking forward to seeing all on saturday at stratford on saturday....hoping we can have a rounders game on sunday ;D

Hope everyone is well.....Jac...how is Jaqson now ???

Love to all
Amanda xxx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very good FC......hope you had a good time at the wedding hun xxx

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Mel (FC), what a lovely poem. So sorry to hear your news. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Love jules xxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Amanda - WOW!  That's excellent  ;D  I bet you are pleased  ;D  Well done you!  ;D

FC - That's lovely  :-*

Love

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
FC Mel ~ that's really lovely......gives a real sense of your Nan.
My mum used to say the last line to me too,
Big hugs to you, Lizzy xxx

·
Registered
655 Posts
Evenin all..

Had a lovely picnic today for Mum's birthday and ate lots of cake  ;D ;D ;D

Sara, Toby is having 2 meals a day at the moment, he has now been on solids for 6 weeks, and still just having about 4 cubes of veg of various sorts at lunch, and then 2-3 cubes of fruit with rice mixed with formula for tea.  I have tried to get him interested in breakfast cos he seems to want lunch very early, but he is not interested yet.

One thing I have found which is good is polenta (cornmeal) as it is gluten free and I sometimes mix it with his veg with a little milk to thicken it, & you can also make porridge with it, whihc is quite nice on it's own or with a little fruit.

I usually take his cubes out the night before & pop them in the fridge, then heat in microwave until piping, add any rice or polenta, then mix & cool before serving.

Jayne thanks for the useful tips about starting doing meat, I had thought to make up individual meals but actually you could have much more variety with continuing the ice cube storing thing.

Jac glad you;re feeling abit better!

Amanda - wow it sounds like a great experience.  You did well - I would not be able to open my eyes under water, got a thing about it!!!

Well hope everyone has had a nice Sunday, speak later

Vicky xxx

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Mel FC  That is beautiful and i am sure your Nan is as proud as punch of you. Thankyou for sharing it with us.

Jac  So glad your much better hope Jaqson improves soon too. No good me swotting i'll forget by tomorrow. ;)

Amanda  Wow what a profit. Looking forward to seeing the piccies. they sound great.

Jayne  Good for you not letting them go for nothing.

Woppa Thinking of you and Dougie.

Jules  7 teeth is brilliant at Katelyns age, Joe didnt get his first till he was 10 months.

Hi to everyone else. I met with Joe's playschool teacher on friday and told her how he isnt interested in the potty training. But she did say to me that if i was to start taking him in to the loo every 15 mins (like Jayne suggested) no pressure if he didnt do anything. Then put pull ups on him when he goes to playschool then they will continue to take him to the loo every 15 mins. She is then quite happy for him to go. I know the pull ups arent brilliant for training but what do you think if i put him in pants at home then pull ups when he is out? I dont want him to miss out on the playschool cos he really wants to go, even though i think he is too young lol.
Anyway opinions would be appreciated.

Love Kim x x x

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Hi everyone

How are we all doing?
Jac hope you feeling OK and Jaqson as well.

FC-sorry to hear about your Nan :-* what a lovely poem made me weep as I have a lot of family over the other side it gave me comfort.

Jayne- you are doing well on ebay ,I think I should go on there to see if i can buy a good stroller.

Vicki- glad you had a nice picnic,been nice weather here today in Norfolk.

OMG its only a few days left for Stratford I am so excited I think I will start packing tomorrow :p ;D
I have written a list of what I need to bring and me thinks it wont fit all in the car ^chuckle^
We are gonna try a different route this time as last time it was a distater any tips are welcome we are traveling from Norfolk going go south then across instead of the awful A14 and M6.
Hannah has a nasty cough bless her and on top of this she has Oral thrush :(very common breastfeeding problem).
She is babbling very well at the moment saying dada mama nanna,NO. sometimes it sounds like she says Hannah!
I have started doing baby sign language with her so hopefully she will be doing this soon as well.

^hello^ to everyone else cant wait to meet you all and babes this weekend.

Take care

Lisaxxxx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Kim - I think that sounds absolutely fine.  It's no different really to when I started training Jack, in that he wore pants during the morning and then nappies during the afternoons, in the early days, and then when we went out for a while before I moved him into pants all the time.  Some people say it confuses them to be in and out of nappies, and I did intend to just take Jack out of nappies and that was it.  But nearly cracked up after the first day!  So, this way was a great compromise, and it worked too.  It'd be such a shame for Joe to miss out on playschool for something that's he's just not quite ready for yet.  So, I say go for the pullups and the taking him to the toilet every 15-20 mins and he'll just catch on one day and that'll be it. 

Jack went to nursery in nappies at 2 and a half, so a good month or so before I even started training him. I felt a bit bad to begin with - my mum was also constantly on about getting him dry - but then I realised there were lots of children there all at different stages, and the ones that were totally in pants seemed to be having accidents.  Jack learnt a fair bit by watching the other children too, I'm sure. 

I don't think potty training is easy by any means, but it is amazing how it suddenly all just clicks into place.

Love

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Thanks Jayne.

love Kim x x x

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hi all,

So much has been going on here....will have to try to catch up on the gossip.
Have just put a couple of pictures of Benjamin with his birthday prezzies from us on the gallery. Will try to put some more on later.
Karen & Benjamin

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I'm so excited and chuffed!!

After discussions at the weekend, Neale and I have decided to get Katelyn Christened.  :)

We have the vicar coming round this afternoon!!!

The main reason is because we want Katelyn to have godparents, and we have the PERFECT one's!!!!!

We are having Dawn, my best friend who's in Canada (she was at Katelyn's birth and is always going to be a big part of her life wherever she is), although Dawn won't be able to make it for the ceremony, I am going to ask the vicar how we go about this?! Maybe I can get her mum to 'stand in' for her?!

The next one is Tasha and Stacey (joint godparents - we hope we can also do this?!), they are Neale's daughter's, aged 12 and 15. We would REALLY like to just have Tasha (the 12 year old), she adores Katelyn and we know she is going to be a BIG part of her life, but imagine how Stacey would feel being left out, so we are going to find out if we can have both?!

Then the last one is James, my half-brother that I met for the first time last year. He is Katelyn's ONLY blood relation apart from me, (oh and his 5 yr old daughter, Issy), so I think it's very important for him to be there for her.

I haven't asked any of them yet, want to make sure it's all sorted before we officially ask them.

Also the church we are using has a very strong bond for me as it's the church where my dad and step-mum got married, I was their bridesmaid. It was also the one that I went to with Katelyn at Christmas when she was 9 weeks old for a carol concert, I sat there and shed tears of joy/sadness (because of dad).

We won't be having it until Jan/Feb as we are so busy with holidays and birthdays up until then - can't wait, I'm so excited, it's going to one emotional day!

Love Jules xxxxxxxxxxxxx

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.