Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New chatter thread for all the mums & dads  :)

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
^hello^

Can't sleep!  Should be sleeping!!!  Managed to get Jack and Ben into bed and asleep (without Medised  ;D ) by 6.00 pm, but I didn't manage to settle until 9.00 pm and just can't nod off, so decided to just get up and be done with it.  Will probably feel worse now anyhow if I do nod off for an hour or so.  Have to start getting ready at midnight  ^eyes^  Going to be well knackered by tomorrow now  :-\  Will catch up tomorrow night no doubt.  I imagine Jack and Ben will sleep fine when we're there as they'll probably be really tired too with a short night's sleep tonight and distrubed naps through the day tomorrow. 

Anyhow, seeing as I'm here now  ;D

Woppa - I've always used Pampers for Jack and Ben and they stay in them all night - Ben usually sleeps 12-14 hour nights.  They are really wet in the mornings, but no leaks and no nappy rash.  Maybe this is the part where shops own brand nappies fall down.  Perhaps it'd be worth getting the Pampers for bedtime and shops own during the day.  Otherwise, then yep, I reckon you should change Eva just before bed if she's getting a sort botty. 

Oh!  Can't remember anything from the other thread now  ::)  Oh well. 

Love to you all. 

See you in a couple of weeks  :-*

Love

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
^roflmao^ Okay!  Put the eyesore of an outfit on Eva, take her picture, keep it for about a month and then tell auntie that Eva's grown out of it, but look how gorgeous she looked in the photo.  Keep photo in photo album until Eva has first boyfriend and show it to boyfriend ^roflmao^

Love

Jayne x

^bye^^bye^

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hi Mummies
Sorry to jump in on this thread, but I really wasn't sure where to post this so please move it if you feel its not appropriate for here. 

I had a really bad experience on Saturday at our first Parentcraft class and apart from my sister, don't know anyone to ask what we should expect from these classes other than what I have read in the books.  Just wondered if someone can give me an idea as to how they are normally run as I am thinking of making a complaint and want to get my facts straight first.    The Classes im attending are run by the NHS, not NCT. 

Thanks
Love Karen XXX

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Hi Karen ~ i did NHS and NCT classes, both were great.......most of the time we just sat round in a circle and teacher/midwife would go over a theme or we'd get into groups go over stuff like pain relief etc.......god i've forgotten most of it!! We did have to pretend to have a contraction while the NCT woman shook her maracas ;D

Sorry you had such a bad experience.......please IM me if you want any help,

Take vare, Lizzy xxx

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Well Joe hasnt got German measles phew. It is contagious so he cant start play school this week but he said it should be gone within a week. Its not dangerous to pregnant women though.
Thanks for your wishes.

Love Kim x xx

·
Registered
489 Posts
Kim

Glad to see that Joe hasnt got german measles, but be a wieght off your mind. Shame he cant start playschool theough, although this week will soon fly past.

Karen & Benjamin

·
Registered
655 Posts
Hi everyone

FC sorry things got a bit difficult at the weekend for you.  It's hard to start discussing tx with people who didn't know, alot of emotions resurface.  Plus, you have just lost someone very special to you, and you are maybe a bit tired and under the weather.  NO wonder things got too much!  Hope that the hospital appt goes OK & your liver is not playing up.  Take care of yourslef & get more rest!!!  I have gone back to having a sleep EVERY lunchtime when Toby sleeps, if I can.  It's the only way I can cope with still having broken nights, & still BF, etc.

KIm hopes Joe's OK in himslef (sorry haven;t caught up on other thread)?  Sorry he can't start playgroup, bet you had been telling him all about what fun he would have & now he's wondering what's going on!  Poor love!  Hope he's better soon.

Kas, sorry you had a bad experience.  At my parentcraft classes we sat round in front of a flip chart which the MW used as part of the session, and each week we had a different topic, e.g. pain relief.  She would go through the basics of what to expect, what everything meant, we had the opportunity to ask questions etc.  That was about it, it wasn;t really fun or social or particulalry interactive but it was informative.  I also attended NCT which was very different, much more sociable, with varied and more insteresting activities to do in pairs, groups etc, on different topics.  Quite different appraoches, NCT gave more opportunity to share / discuss thoughts and feelings, the NHS classes were just basic presentation of facts.  In retrospect, I'm glad I did both.  I am not sure who you would complain to aabout your NHS ones, are they run by your MW team?

Woppa LOL, although Jayne's suggestion is a great one!  I have used the "it was too small" or "he's grown out of it" on several occasions as my Grandma keeps sending wierd things mostly she has bought in the charity shop, usually they are girls things & she hasn;t realised  :-[
Oh yeah, and Pampers  ^clapping^ all night, every night, no leaks...I could write their next advert, how sad!  But I AM going to try some reusable ones in the daytime, soon!

Jayne hope the journey's going well - have a lovely time!

Took Toby to sing & sign this morning, he was a bit grumpy - most unlike him, but don;t think the lady took it personally!  Met a girl from my post natal group who is really nice, she seemed to have a lot of the same sort of concerns as me about how her little boy is waking up a lot and only settles with a feed, and controlled crying & stuff.  had a nice chat.  Much more refreshing than most of the time I seem to meet Mums whose babies are pefect (yeah right) & I come away feeling a bit depressed about the way I am handling things, also DH doesn;t understand why I am always tired, it is making things difficult between us...but he never has to get up at night, although somtimes he gets disturbed by Toby, it's not the same when you can roll over and go back to sleep, as to when you have to get out of bed & then you wake right up, don;t you!!!

Oh, sorry, look at my ramble!!!

Well better go, Toby is having a lovely nap & I have also had one, but not too tired today thankfully!

See you all later,

lots of love

Vicky xxx

·
Registered
655 Posts
Oh Mel sorry to hear you've got to have an OP.

No I guess if your gallbaldder not functioning properly they will remove it.  I looked into alot of stuff to do with it when I had gallbaldder problems.  Having it removed means the bile just flows then, rather than being regulated by the gallbaldder.  Not sure what difference it makes but I guess it will make your liver work properly again?  You need the bile to digest your food.  Ooh er sounding a bit technical here now  :)

Anyway have a lovely sleep after the sedatives,

Vicky xxxx

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
Just posted a couple of pictures of Kathryns Isabella in gallery. What a stunner she is  :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi everyone hope you are feeling well.

Mel sorry about the op - hope everything goes ok.

Kim hope Joe is feeling better soon and can start playgroup.

Well take Josh for his MMR today.  Hoping to take him to the baby clinic (that;s a laugh he's no longer a little baby) and get him weighed etc.  Can't believe how much he has grown at this rate he will be in age 2 clothes before long and he is only 15months!!

Just praying things go OK with the injection today - no doubt he will scream blue murder and will be a leech for the rest of the day and night but hey part of motherhood  - means I get a cuddle anyway (ahh).

Well girls take care speak to you all again hopefully tomorrow!!

Barbara

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
morning all.

just got back from jacks first swimming lesson.today he learnt to hold on to the sides and to go under water...it was really good ! we sang lots of songs to make it more fun for them.

cant believe in 20 days time ill be seeing the consultant to start my fet.........how long is the cycle does anyone know??

right im off to have a shower then shopping for me, i want to buy those fur blankets that you put on the sofa's.

bye xx

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Hello all

Mel - Sorry you need to have an op - don't worry about having your gall bladder out, i had mine out 2 years ago and the recovery is quite quick.

Becca - Glad to hear that Jack had a good swimming lession :) - i bet you are counting the days, hours and minutes until that appt, how exciting.

Well Jessica had her 8 month check yesterday, she is 17lbs 5oz - which i thought wasn't a lot for her age, i expected her to be more, she has queried her head size also, a bit small compared to the size of it when she was born so we have to go back next month to have it re-checked, no idea what a small head signifies although i am glad she hasn't a big one like Tony. She didn't have her hearing test as she is under audiology at the hospital because of her jaundice when she was born and that appt is next week, i am not concerned with her hearing though.

We were discussing food also and she said Jessica can have dairy products now - cheese, yoghurt's and whole milk in cereals and to make up food but not as a drink obviously. My question is this though, can i give her dairylee spread on some bread or is that the wrong type of cheese?

Well i am going to order her christening gown now, i cant have the one we both wanted as they only have age 6 months but never mind i like our second choice also :)

Byeeeeeee everyone :)

Mel

x x

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
hi mel....i always use dairylea for jack i make sarnies with banana ..he loves them and spread it on toast.

xx

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Hello!!!

Just got back from Legs, bums and Tums, Katelyn enjoyed the creche today - doesn't normally!!!!

Thought I'd come on here whilst she's having her nap - don't know where the time goes anymore???!!!

Oh, I have to tell you! Last week, just to see, I sent some pics of Katelyn off to a few model agencies (being a biased mummy, I know!!! ;D) anyway, she has had offer's from 3!!!

One of them has offered her a 3 year contract.

Not sure what to do now??!! I only did it on the spur of the moment, didn't think I would be having to make the decision whether to go for it or not???

Will keep you posted on what we decide.

Right, better go and do some housework!!!!

Hope everyone is well?!

Love Jules xxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
HI everyone

Not had a chance all weekend to get online. 

Alan's sister came up for the weekend and was staying with us, I never really got a chance to get online. 

Im all excited though we got a brand new computer and boy is it fast.  Hopefully I will get time to post later.

Nothing exciting happening with us really, just wish I had more time to catch up with everyone. 

Im getting Anthony weighed tomorrow, its the first time in ages as being back at work I miss the baby clinic.

Hello to everyone, and I do try to get online line to catch up but finding it hard these days.

Lisa xxxx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hello All :)

Mel....dont worry, Jessica weighs more then Millie and she is 10mths nearly, she is 16lb 12oz.....guess that are active babies :)  Dairylea is fine...a friend of mine was instructed to give her daughter dairylea to help her put on weight so its fine from 6mths :)  They love it to !!  xxx

Jules...thats great news :)  Please be carefull though, some are only after your money for the photo shoot you have to pay for, it'll cost you about £80 - £250 and then you get no work.  Happened to a friend of mine :(  some of them will just take anyone willing to pay the money, unfortulately they know what the mums are like !!Good luck though xxx

Love to all
Amanda xxx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Jules :)  Good agencys will not charge for a portfolio :) xx

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hi everyone,
Just thought i would update you a little. Well Benjamin managed 4 steps all by himself this afternoon, he looked so sweet. Ofcourse daddy was up here on the computor, and by the time he had come downstairs Benjamin decided he didnt want to do it anymore!! I dont think it will be long now before he is doing it properly!!

Karen & Benjamin

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Hi ~ Kitty might be on the telly.....Channel 4 now (i thought it would be next week but it's prob this week) :)

Lizzy xx

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.